1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag2d.fr servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by kiro, Aug 31, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

Hey

I'm the admin of the kag2d.fr fansite and KAG servers. Our servers being among the most popular ones, I thought it'd be a good idea to post a thread about them.

So we have 4 servers :

Léviathan, 64 slots
    Héphaïstos, 32 slots
    Cerbère, 32 slots, protected with a password and French only :p
    Athéna, 20 slots for clans matches, fun events and testing :) Open for everyone but we'll often restart servers to change gamemode or reset scores etc. :)

Also I have a question to players : can you play on our servers and have a fun time ? I mean appart from the 5-crash-a-day and not-enough-moderators, do you get kicked because of high ping even though your ping is low (~lower than 170) ? Or do you often get disconnected ? I'm asking because some french players reported these problems, so I want to know if they are some rare cases or if it happens often.

See you later and have fun on our servers ;)

2. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I'm finding it hard to have fun while being unable to speak with most players there. Never got ping-kicked and the discconecting is just like on any other server though.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A combination of stuff means I probably learnt more french there than in underfunded classrooms

4. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

C'est vrai!

5. kiro

Yeah, most French players don't even know what "ladders" or "outpost" means... French people are so bad at foreign language :/

Hopefully they will learn some English online :)

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Since we're on the subject of Language: Ever got that one guy who says in english: "I don't speak English"?

7. kiro

That's the first thing we learn at school : "Can you repeat please ?", "I don't understand." and "I don't speak English very well".

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Ooo... That's weird xD

9. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Wait you'r supposed to learn stuff in language lessons? D:

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Lireal it's very useful to be able to say those sorts of things in foreign language - much better than jibbering in your own language and hoping they understand. non parle francais is a gramatically terrible way of saying "I don't speak french", I think je ne parle francais is better, though there's a particle missing.

je ne comprond is "I don't understand", I think...

I'll have to join every once in a while to brush up on my french :) I haven't done much written french at all, just some spoken stuff years ago. It's nice to see some larger busier servers, Kiro.

11. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

Actually, the proper translation would be "Je ne parle pas francais." :P

If you want to talk with the people on the french servers, little shouts like "Builder! Help!" while using the ladder symbol will work out just fine.

12. kiro

There's a "kag.fr" server, I don't know the admins. They think it's cool to copy our name. And www.kag.fr is a clothes manufacturer website... wtf.

I'm posting this here because someone just posted on our forum to complain about a ban on this serv. Apparently the admin banned him because he killed him... and I've seen on the griefer/cheater report thread that 2 admins cheated on this server.

So if you get banned or an admin cheated there, it's not me nor moderators from the kag2d.fr servers.

13. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

I think it's great that there are language-specific servers and all, but since there are usually only 1-2 servers that have enough people to play, and right now both of them are french, it's kinda problematic. People, myself included, just pick the server where people are playing. So you're gonna have a bunch of different language cross-talk all the time...

14. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

This sucks, Kiro. Even though it's not directly concerning me, I'm so annoyed by such people.. Not only are they worthless copycats, they give you and your servers a bad name.. Hope it can be resolved in some way.

15. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

since i can speak some french i will jump in for sure

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Kiro: later on we'll potentially have "trusted servers" functionality in the master server so we can show which servers are known to be legit.

We'll also need to add a flag for location and potentially one for "native language".

17. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I would like to take care of your server/s as a mod.
    You can ask peolpe about me,they will say i hate,but... :p
    4 real.All serves miss one admin :S Just mail me.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

screen-11-09-19-17-45-39.png
    Hi, one day I saw this awesome map, which I haven't faced often. The middle could be a bit less hilly, but oh it's still so fun, can you use it more often? :)

19. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Hey there, I seem to be banned on your servers for some reason. My laptops battery ran out when playing and then after I'd started it back up I rejoined, then then next map came up and everything froze, tried to rejoin and now I'm banned?

20. dijkstra3

dijkstra3 Shipwright

Hey I have a problem i was banned but I don't know why? This is first time when i was banned i Really like server Leviathan it was great now I can't cplay there:(

Mods: jackitch