1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 274 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

WOW! I didn't know that was ok with you guys (MM and Geti). I have a few installers myself, but yes they are on Mediafire, so we should make a list of links - similar to the list of old Soldat builds in the Soldat history thread. Personally I think it's important to fire up old builds once in a while since, so that the players can compare the differences and provide feedback. Devs obviously have an awesome idea in mind, but it's always good to let players go back to the before times as there might be some critical thing that was missed. One of the reasons I had such a blast with the first builds I think was because of the sheer minimalism and what you could do was limited. There was a lot of chance. For instance 2 knights swinging at one another usually had a victor by chance rather than by skill. Lag was a factor as well. It really came down to timing.. who's sword hit first. Your skill as a knight was mostly dodging to avoid a strike, then jumping forward and bam. There was a lot of chance in real life battles in the past as well as there was skill. You're not going to have a calm head and be that strategic with your strikes when there is a lot of adrenaline involved and death is biting your ass.

There are so many kag players right now, I wouldn't see a problem with a group of us playing an old build as well. It won't take away from the main game as most players will still play it. Those of us who play the old builds from time to time will obviously be playing the new builds also (can't wait for the zombies, day/night and lighting). I think we need to organize this. I think my all time favorite builds were 24 to 67. I'll look for the links and post em. For servers, dunno at the moment what would be available. Then we vote from week to week, which build to play and who is able to host. I'll see if I can host, but connection doesn't seem to allow it.

2. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

3. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Do you have build 28?Or just the server?

4. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

Couldn't find it. The list is what I could find so far. I'll look on my system though if I do.

5. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Thoughts on the new build/recent builds: Augh, It feels like I'm wading through mud.

I've got build 124 also.

Do we have any servers for these builds? If not, would it be possible to add/remove data from the current server files so that they correlate (would be a long shot).

Neat and BlueLuigi like this.
  6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Tried deleting the entries in both App/autoupdate.cfg and App/autoupdate_linux.cfg.
    No luck, as it still updates, trying to play build 80.

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

The only real solution that I've found is disconnecting my connection (in my case I can toggle my nic card on and off by the simple push of a button) before I open it and then after it gives up on trying to update, I reconnect. There's probably a better solution, but it works for me.

I personally enjoy the fact that in I can double slash again in this build so I don't have many complaints

8. Rayne

Yes, but I do not feel like unplugging my router every time I want to try an old build.
    Guess it'll work for now.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but couldn't you just copy this line: version_file 55495
    (the current version 274) into the version.txt so that when it parses it to check if it's updated it'll say it matches and ignores the update?

10. Rayne

Oh I'll try that.

Also, dunno if this is a bug, but you can't build directly over your head anymore, and characters don't seem to fit in a 2x2 hole(Like if a builder seals himself in) all the way anymore.

FuzzyBlueBaron and ilaks like this.
  11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not only that but you can't build over someone else's head too and since people take up more room (slightly over 2 tiles it seems), you can't build as good when someone is approaching you.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  12. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

100 times this! Gets annoying as hell when you have to tell people to move away all the time.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

And then the dumbass doesnt move or speak english and your base ends up horribly flawed.

14. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

And worse they are a knight or archer : /

15. Kouji

Since build 281 doesn't have it's own thread yet

Teleporting seems a little more common, but only if there are more than about 15 people on. Less than 15, I get no teleporting. After 15, teleporting seems a lot more common, like in build 263.

Knight combat still feels solid if there is no teleporting. I can take on more 3 knights again if they aren't good unlike before.

Jabbing seems to have weaken somewhat as in you can still do jab fights, but it's not overpowered like before (probably because clashing feels a little different as well)

Spikes seem to be less random now and work like they should.

Haven't tried much else, but that's been my experience so far

Edit: Workshops don't explode when you build them with editor anymore

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I get 0 ping all the time.

17. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

18. ImFILIPIN000

ImFILIPIN000 Catapult Fodder

I have one problem! when i joined a premium server it suddenly got frozen then i got a crash sender whatever that is so i tried another premium server then the crash sender pop up again! so if anyone have the same problem and then fixed can u please tell me how to fixed it so i can play in a premium server!

19. Rayne

Old thread is old: Locked.

Noburu and Kouji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.