1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Yogscast ruin 3079 the roguelike.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by synthesispandabot, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Please tell me this thread wasn't started on youtube comments... If it was you guys really need to re-evaluate your time, we can bitch here but trolls are always gonna troll, the only way to stop it is to have fun playing the game so you can tell them how wrong they are...

"Lets leave some of the tree so its wood grows back" -Yogscast, Simon, on Survival Island.
    Yeah those guys need to learn how to play games at least half-decently.

2. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Yeah... They're full retarded =/ and as we all know you can never go full retarded and still be selling material. Good thing we live in America though :/

AJ likes this.
  3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Guys, I'm not a Yogscast fanboy, but this is becoming lame. Fuck, why cant we have some damned nice hipsters around here?!
    But yeah, I'm gonna lock this for "General people being a bunch of windbags who just want to take the shit out of something they could just be ignoring" if this carries on.

Seriously guys, think!
    If the Yogscast community are such a bunch of manho's then WHY THE FUCK should you give a shit what they think about a game?!
    Come on, synthesispandabot, you actually quoted Youtube comments as though they meant JACK?!

Basically, if you want to start a Yogscast hate-group, then GET THE FUCK OUT OF THESE FORUMS.
    Discussion of games and the people surrounding them does not need to descend to the level of Youtube commentary.

Chrispin, Serolfic and Noburu like this.
  4. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Well to be fair, it's not just the youtube contents. But the actual videos/personalities/failures of the people themselves we're locking onto.

BlueLuigi and AJ like this.
  5. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Thats not very fair, were still talking about games. I think your just mad. Go have a drink and ignore this thread, we don't like yogscast commentary.

6. Wonkyth

No, you're not talking about games.

7. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

We are though the Yogscast commentate games and we are discussing their commentary as per the title of the thread and reason for it and the reasons why the "Yogscast ruin 3079 the roguelike"

8. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

And as for it concerning games, the negative reviews those guys give matter to about 500k subscribers, which is a ridiculous amount of power. Which they abuse thoroughly.

AJ likes this.
  9. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Its actually 1,000,000 subs.

10. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

The Yogscast haven't ruined enything. I've said this before but I am going to say it again. Directly from their main youtube page;
    People don't watch the Yogscast so that they can get objective coverage on certain games, they go there to be entertained, their material is easy to digest thus attracting a younger audience. The people that have watched that video and says the game sucks because of it would've never bought the game in the first place. This video haven't ruined anything, on the contrary, people that are unaware of the game but maybe into the genre are perhaps going to pick it up.

What I am seeing right now is just people bashing Minecraft/Yogscast fanboys. Why does this bother anyone?

Edit:
    I really don't know what they did wrong. If anything, they have given the game some damn good publicity.

Doolie and Wonkyth like this.
  11. Brine

Brine Horde Gibber

? I am confused I saw the video what did they do wrong?

12. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

So.. Your argument is that people like it so they're ok? People like alot of things. (Jersey Shore.. These really are comparable.)
    It doesn't mean they're actually good quality.

13. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Each to his own. Why would people watch something if they didn't enjoy it? Thing is, their videos are meant for entertainment, not first impressions like TB's "WTF" series.

14. Wonkyth

No, that's not what his argument is.
    His argument is that they do comedy reviews.
    Start reading the posts, seriously!
    I mean seriously, how my of you guys have watched Yahtzee of ZP rip a game to shreds, and then decided "Nah, I'm not going to buy it anymore."
    The long and the short of it is, your ignorance is showing, you might want to check that.
    The phrase "any publicity is good publicity" isn't just a cop-out answer to bad shit going down. Well documented and what most viral marketing relies on, feel free to remember this any time you come across an actual case of game slander.

Look, I really shouldn't be yelling at you, since it would seem you haven't yet been educated in how these things work.
    ALL games will receive bad reviews and press.
    And here's the scoop:
    Never take someone else's opinion for granted.
    This goes for all things in life, but I'll talk about it specifically in the context of games.
    Until you learn this, two things are happening: You are missing out on many great games just because someone else said it was bad, and you end up spreading rumors. Saying "This game got a really bad review, so I wouldn't buy it if I were you" is not really a good thing to do.

For example, when Mirror's Edge came out, everywhere I looked it god bad reviews. Like, every review I looked at (I only looked at half a dozen or so, mind) was complaining about it. So, what I did was: I bought it.
    Yep.
    However, I took careful note of the issues the reviewers had with it, and played accordingly. You can do the same.
    All I can say is, I pity all those poor youtubers who try to take the Yogscast seriously.
    To all the guys who didn't buy it because of them, I say "Good riddance!"
    I wouldn't want them being dicks in my multi-player games of it, anyways! =D

Best wishes. ^_^

15. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

I think... you are a guard so locky locky thread, locky locky thread, locky locky thread, you are a guard so locky locky thread XD

16. Wonkyth

Nah, then I'd be the badguy! :P

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Watched 3 minutes, hated it, read the title, cried. "Minecraft meets Fallout", really? Goddam...

AJ likes this.
  18. Wonkyth

Fallout was pretty close to a roguelike, just putting that out there.

EDIT: Luigi, are you referring to the Yogscast video or the trailer? because they actually call it "combination of Minecraft and Fallout 3" on the main page of the 3079 website...

19. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Were talking about gaming community.
    i know your just defending yogscast because you feel otherwise where they can do whatever they want. I am allowed to express my feelings on everything gaming related here.

20. Wonkyth

Sure, go ahead. Just try to do it in a reasonable manner, that doesn't involve sinking to their level. :)

Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.