1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag Videos

Discussion in 'General Help' started by umcykpol, Jan 22, 2012.

1. umcykpol

umcykpol Shopkeep Stealer

Hi,
    I have a question: Can I record movies from KAG without MM authorization?
    I asked him, but not answered...

2. Well I think you can, why not?

3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

He's right to ask, seeing as its copyrighted material.

In practice, though I can't actually speak for MM, I think it is ridiculously unlikely that you will have any problems if you record KAG and put it on youtube, etc.
    Its essentially free advertising for the game.

Rambo likes this.
  4. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I hope it's alright. I put KAG on my channel a lot. But if you want I could put advertisement where you can buy the game and such. ^-^

5. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Yeh, many videos have been posted on YouTube, including ones I have done myself. No suing has begun.... yet.

6. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'm 99% certain that posting videos of KAG would be covered by 'fair use' aspects of copyright law, but they're also free advertising for this awesome game - so if I was you I would not hesitate to post videos on youtube/elsewhere

7. yangusis

yangusis Shipwright

Yes, but without their consent, they have the right to pull the video or press charges. People were wondering the same with minecraft, but Notch assured he promotes that kind of activity.

8. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I very much doubt he would pull videos.

Exposure is good for business, and he seems to cherish his community

9. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Judging by the fact that there are many videos already on youtube/elsewhere, that video-making is great for community and getting the game known, that I know MM, and that this is almost certaintly fair use for copyright reasons (meaning that they are not allowed to pull the videos using copyright claims), I would consider this question answered - there is no problem creating and posting videos of KAG.

Soldat had a huge video-making community for a very long time, and in fact the video(s) featured on the Soldat homepage were made by community members. I'm absolutely sure that MM has the same attitude regarding KAG.

Jermex likes this.