1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Does failing in KAG piss you off harder than failing in other games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ComboBreaker, Jan 7, 2012.

?

Does failing in KAG piss you off harder than failing in other games?

1. Yes!Grr,those stacked teamdoors!/teleporting derpknights!/lucky archers!

53 vote(s)
    62.4%
  2. No,I hate failing in all games equally!

13 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Nah,Im usually cool to failing in games,and KAG is no different.

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

I HATE failing in this game. Too much metagaming, too many laggy idiots, too many cheap knights with their bombs, it's a rage train with no breaks.

ComboBreaker and Noburu like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I also hate it when there are people who think that using double slash is a hack. That along with people who just fail to listen and consistently use the word faggot anger me as well.

Luckily most of the people I play with now don't do that, but sometimes I end up with people who just can't listen.

Maverick likes this.
  3. Ren_Partycat

@Kouji
    Double slash is a glitch. I've tried it, and it happens once in a blue moon. And it's imbalanced as well. Knight is an imbalanced class in general, mainly because of bombs, and the fact that archers can't do anything to them.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Double slash is an intended feature actually. The fact that it rarely happens for you is the real bug.

Noburu likes this.
  5. Ren_Partycat

Not gonna believe you unless you post the sauce. A charge attack is supposed to be one strong shot, not two. Therefore it's an exploit, no matter what anyone says.

Really, they need to nerf Knight and give Archer a slight utility buff. Knights can slash twice which can break shields or oneshot enemies, they aren't affected by bombs unless they don't notice them, and arrows don't work well because the shield can block a thousand arrows.

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

On the manual itself: http://kagmanual.freeiz.com/#/page/21

Although here it's listed as slash combo. The slash combo is what everyone refers to when they say double slash. Therefore it's not an exploit regardless of what you say.

In order for it to work, you need to hit the person with a fully charged and when it hits, you click again to slash. Also you said it your self:
    Anyways this is getting off topic, if you want to talk about balance issues, there's a whole separate thread for it.

Noburu likes this.
  7. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

http://kagmanual.freeiz.com/#/page/21

A glitch, you say?

Rayne and GhostyS like this.
  8. Ren_Partycat

I don't care about your justifications. Knight is imbalanced and that's the truth. Deal with it, because I'm not going to argue about the game's balance ITT any further.

9. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

You say archers can't do anything to knights?
    That's not true.
    The skilled archers with enough arrows can beat a knight 1 on 1.

Vivicus likes this.
  10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

That's enough now. Get back on topic please.

Noburu likes this.
  11. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

While KAG doesn't necessarily piss me off, it is interesting to note that we're essentially going around one idea: locus of control.

Those with an external locus of control will argue that it is the game, the mechanics, the users, the whatever that is the impediment to their success. Those with an internal locus of control will reference it is their own actions that ultimately impede them. It's a pretty interesting concept in personality psychology, and if you have the time I'd definitely look into it a bit.

Something that does piss me off, while not directly related to KAG, has to do with the userbase. People who refuse to adapt to scenarios frustrate the absolute hell out of me. Complaining that catas shouldn't be breakable by arrows? Protect them better. Screaming one class is imbalanced over another? Learn to play. Foaming at the mouth over skybridges? Build to render it less useful, blow it up, etc., etc., etc. Trying to restrict a means of play that is in the game seems brainless- especially for a game that is in development such as KAG. If the developers see something in-game they don't like, they'll change it. If they see something they do like, they'll keep it or reinforce its desirability. To the extent that it's their game to build, they will do just that. To the extend that it's our game to play? Well, that's in our hands.

(If you've done any reading on locus of control, you should be able to tell where I stand! :3)

Contrary, Beef, Wonkyth and 1 other person like this.
  12. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

Smug face, after you've killed me, makes me want to punch a baby.

13. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

it pisses me off if I fail a lot of times... in a row. but fortunately that does not happen a lot :D

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I DO get angry at inept builders who make ridiculous skybridges that the enemy can take down with a catapult, and when an enemy starts to lose they start teleporting their knights...

But as Carver said, I get angry at myself for stupid deaths and shit like that.

15. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Aww shit, it's my AP Psychology class all over again :> (I quite enjoy psychology)

Vivicus and Neat like this.
  16. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I've seen a builder who made a solid trapbridge with a length over 40 blocks from one side of a cliff to another.

When 3/4 of our team was on that bridge,enemy knight suicides by jumping on it,activating it,and making all those poor fellas to fall with him to death.

I tried to devide bridge into parts,but that guy kept "repairing" it making it whole again and again,so that situation I've described above happened at least 2 more times.
    Oh,the rage.

I suggest including this in the advertisment campaign trailer.You know , phrases like "Best side-scrolling shooter of this year - IGN " "Addictive as hell! - PCgamer" etc.

Chinizz likes this.