1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Overworld and Adventures

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SirSalami, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

How do you download a game from the internet, if you don't have an internet connection?

2. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I guess what he is saying is, if you want to have an offline experience with this, how can you do that without first getting online.

3. Yes that is exactly what i was thinking.

4. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

Frankly sir, I agree that this is a valid concern.
    Why feature a solo function that requires online to play it?
    The answer is of course so it cannot be pirated.

but it WILL be pirated, one way or another.

I'm already premium, so it makes no difference to me. I would enjoy being able to play zombies and use the map editor while under a firewall.

5. underwaterbear

underwaterbear Shipwright

He said his internet disconnects a lot, not that he has no internet connection. So he's wondering if he'll still be able to play solo offline, after purchasing it, and downloading the game should his internet happen to disconnect for a time.

6. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

-snip , Oh-
    Just more than one char slot per server (Via server options)

7. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

[​IMG]

8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I don't want my King of 100's of people character gone forever, there would have to be a second chance for him, if the server allows it , of course.
    Ps : If that's the Yo Dawg meme, I don't get it. I see no inception in my post.

9. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

It would be nice to be able to do missions with friends on a LAN server.

Why would he still have "ALL THOSE ITEMS"? I would imagine that he would have to collect all the items all over again.

10. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Not at all.
    I know now that the idea was stupid.
    Oh is your Caps Lock broken? Just use Shift.

11. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Why has this thread risen from the dead like somthing out of a thriller video?
    Anyways, regardless of how they make the overworld, im sure we will enjoy it like the rest of the game.

Mulpy and GHOZT like this.
  12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Indeed. MM and Geti seem to know what they're doing. I mean, I'm still playing and I quit playing games like WoW, Maplestory, Ragnarok Online, Minecraft, etc. after about a week.

SARGRA13, Mulpy and AHrEJl like this.
  13. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

eating pizza and playing WOW its good reason =) They are just people like us =) I think ...

14. I stopped finishing my homework because of kag... doesn't matter, killed newbie builders

GHOZT likes this.
  15. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Hmm, multiple lives per char seems good, and you could make a char who can create more.

16. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Well, it won't be like that on any roleplaying server I host. If you die, tough shit. You're dead.

When did death become just a minor set back in video games? Death is and should be final. It makes everything you do feel so much more accomplished.

17. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

^^ the consequences of assassination, looting, raiding and being general vagabonds will be 10x as great when you know either your character will fall in the act or that of your victim in the over-world. not to mention the seriousness of alliances, wars and construction of towns and cities; imagine the civil war that ought to be wrecked when the key political players (kings and dukes) fall to a blade of a supposed madman player (or hired blade)! imagine the fallen players newest characters oath of vengeance on the people who brought his late character to the never realms and as such.... character death is a raising of the stakes- it makes the playing serious business for those that want their experience to be more then a simple game of kag- this is what over-world will be!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

As I see there would be 3 types of servers ,
    Hardcore - One life, you die you lose.
    Mediumcore - Multiple lives, after that, you lose
    Softcore - Unlimited lives

19. or you could just be super careful and put thought and meaning into your every move and action. That's how I'm gonna play. Hell, there might as well be a future clan called Methuselah once overworld is completed.

20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Or we could have server setting and let people choose for themselves instead of forcing everyone to have to play the way yald want to. (right now yald is anyone who thinks it should always be permadeath)

Mulpy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.