1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical Overworld Circlejerk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamburglar, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Da, comrade. Glorious worker revolution vill ending bourgeois oppressions.

2. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

From my understanding guys, permadeath will be a serverside option

Also, bombs will only insta-gib you when you are low health, otherwise they do multiple hearts damage.
    You will be able to acquire more hearts throughout the game.

I read this in a post from a Dev somewhere on here.

3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Nobility is in the blood. It was actually possible to be a poor noble, but bloodline is definitely what gives one that status.

4. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I would and I would have a hell of a lot of fun doing it. It's only not fun if you do not let it in.

However, it's becoming unfortunately apparent a white list for any server I make will be in order, and players will have to fill out applications on the forums before joining... :(

Jermex likes this.
  5. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

Jam, that isnt an entirely bad idea

If this game pulls this off, there will be plenty of others who would gladly play by your rules.

6. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

That's very relieving to hear, thanks. And yeah I know an application system wouldn't be too bad of an idea, I know it would hurt the playerbase though.

But I'd rather play with a few good, sensible players than a bunch of griefing powergamers.

7. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I don't think your player base will be hurt TOO badly.
    Just think about how many people would rather play on a server where permadeath risk was lower, because the laws there were a little stricter

I think this will appeal to many people.

8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I'd somehow create an Asian Empire in European soil. A drought and famine will spread devastating the weak crops of old Europe and my hearty rice grains immune to such follies will solidify my rule as the Asian Master of Europe. I will then create a fast food chain all across Europe selling rice based foods as a consumable health source. Then I will grow bored of my fast food empire and split my dynasty to all the other Asian players I know and then they can fight over the remains and an era rife with carnage and fast food based diplomacy.

Rayne, aaaaaa50 and Wonkyth like this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This selective, forced role playing never turns out well for me. I wouldn't bother signing up on a separate online community with 12 members just to join a server, and I'm sure not many others would, either. Those obsessed with playing by some arbitrary set of rules often get carried away; have you ever tried to find a Minecraft server with no plugins, no build rights, no protected areas, no crappy mail system and iconomy, no nerfed creeper explosions, and no "premium" donator perks? Me neither.

10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Oh god this game wouldn't work well as a republic. =P

11. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not originally, which was my point. Some guy took power, declared himself a king or w/e.
    He then passed power and property down to his kids. And that is how we have royality/nobility.
    It is in the blood, yes, but all that is in the blood is a trace of some dude that was better with a sword than anyone else. Or maybe better at rallying the people. Or just rich. Who knows.

Point is, that stuff starts somewhere and its not by divine blessing.

12. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I dissagree, I play on two minecraft servers that don't offer donator perks and still possess plugs and ect ect.

AGMC, and My Blog's community server.

13. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

I think it would be cool if you could join the zombies once they kill you. Not sure if that's gonna happen. Zombie survival might have permadeath, correct me if I'm wrong.

Wait, we can still discuss zombie survival here, right? Or am I in the wrong thread? If I'm lost, lead me to the building Mr. Walkway.

14. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

I am fairly certain the overworld mode will feature zombies as well, as there was talks of fighting a necromancer.

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I hope we get classical enemies like Slimes and Goblins to fight. That would really give it an RPG-ish feel that would go well with KAG.

16. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

I am so sick of slimes...please no..

Goblins, however, will always be an acceptable enemy ;)

Dark_Ham, Beef and Bracket like this.
  17. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Yes. No slimes. That'll draw Terraria comparisons like nothing else. xD

But seriously, slimes are boring.

18. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

What about demons or wraiths?

We need at least a few horrifying/evil beings.

19. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Aww, but I like slimes...

They're your stereotypical weak enemy, and they're so fun to smash without a second thought....

20. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

What I want in Terraria is...
    Wait, this isn't Terraria!
    GET YOUR SLIMES AND DEMONS OUTTA MINE KINGDOM!

Rayne and MacD like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.