1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More zombies updates! also, patch explanation.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

It's not that it would be stationary, it just wouldn't have the animations to like walk, attack, smash walls, etc. So it would just stay perfectly still and basically float around. Having it perform actions isn't the problem; making it look good while doing that is.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So, if I'm reading this right - given that there will be much smaller zombies that already rate as 'boss' - Goliath's release is our signal to go cower under our beds far, FAR away from the scary computer screen?

Rayne and Valkyrie like this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You dont cower. You throw yourself from the battlement ontop onto spikes like a man!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Most likely. The goliath is likely to barrel through walls like butter and take a good few hits to take down, at which point its contituents would be likely to continue trying to eat you.

Ontopic: migrants now come and inhabit free quarters in your castle, assuming they can make their way there through your traps and the undead.
    [​IMG]

FuzzyBlueBaron, SARGRA13 and Wonkyth like this.
  5. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Why do we want a load of immigrants cluttering our castle?

Will they be Mexican?

Halosnake, SARGRA13, Rayne and 5 others like this.
  6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Because they are adorable and cute. I want one as a pet.

Do they do anything once they are in a quarters? As in, what purpose are they going to serve?

7. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

'Cause they're an opportunity for us to make our castle stronger, like in real life... :P

8. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I assume we could arm them in a simple way say sword and shield or stone to repair or a bow

9. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

5 gold will give them a sword and shield so they can then be ordered by the armer to stay sentinel at a corridor?

10. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

I'd love something dwarf fortressish, like building workshops and assigning migrants with certain abilities to work inside them to produce stuff...
    To anybody that doesn't know dwarf fortress, you have to play it at least once in your life: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
    Or at least try... :D

11. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Good. This gives people a reason to create ground level doors and sensible entrances/exits to their castles instead of just walling themselves into a 10 layer thick fortress of stone surrounded by inescapable spike traps.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  12. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I can't wait for this release. The anticipation is killing me. XD

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Fixed.

I did try Dwarf Fortress but had no idea whether I was progressing or even doing something.

Arming Migrants is a good idea but it's not really a big sacrifice: A quarters + 5 gold just to get an Archer/Builder/Knight? Maybe something larger like 30-40 gold... (SN: Gold coins that is)

14. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Hey guys, do we have a set release date yet?

@Valkyrie
    kinda off topic dont'cha think?

15. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

He was on topic. He's talking about arming the Migrants that were mentioned to be in the game by Geti.

Also, they said early February...but I wouldn't get my hopes up. That can technically be anywhere from the 1st to the 14th and even then, they might push the release back again. But that's the way it goes. I would suggest they set a firm release date, but only a Sith deals in absolute.

16. underwaterbear

underwaterbear Shipwright

Very excited for this. I got my fingers crossed that it will be out on the 8th next month, 'cause that's my birthday... hehe. From all we've learned about the mode so far, this seems like it's going to be a very, very interesting take on the usual Horde mode's found in lots of games nowadays, and I'm way stoked to give it a try.

Assuming you weren't just joking, you should try a tile-set for Dwarf Fortress. There's a few out there that give the game basic 2D sprite graphics, which makes it much easier to understand especially if you are a new player, though the game is still quite complicated even when you can see what you're doing.

But yeah, I also like the idea of Migrants being assigned to things. For example, say you get two migrants, and make one a Knight, and another a builder. You could tell the Knight to patrol a certain hallway [or perhaps even have him accompany you to a Wang dungeon during the day?] while telling a builder to reinforce damaged walls or something akin to that. Would be neat :]

Noburu likes this.
  17. Darksteel

He? Not only is a Valkyrie a legendary female warrior, but her profile states shes female as well... or was it a typo?

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

No typo, I'm a legendary female warrior last time I checked and that was 2 seconds ago.

SARGRA13 and Rayne like this.
  19. Darksteel

Yeah... hmm, that could be easily misinterpreted...

20. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Less off topic Dark :3