1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HODOR, Jul 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

An item filter should DEFINITELY be added. I'd kill for a 'potion bag' and a 'ingredients' bag.

Noburu likes this.
  2. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

has the vault like more slots?
    or why the heck would you else want to spend 50 gold?

3. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

No, it doesn't, but it's kind of like an add-on to the Piggybank. You can only have 1 Piggybank so this is like a second for more of a price.

Make since?

4. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Why isn't this being discussed at the Terraria forums under suggestions? I know it's the Terraria thread but still. :P

5. DarkDain

The vault at least can be placed on any terrain, the piggy bank requires wooden platforms.

6. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I really wish we could have an item filter of sorts, to stop us from picking up gel and dirt and such every 30 seconds. Although a good thing to do is to 'seed' you inventory, by filling it with single blocks from a stack, and replacing the single block with items you want.

But! I have what I consider an excellent inventory setup. I pack only the items I need to start off with to go spelunking. I have a piggy bank, and inside the piggy bank I keep my vault. Inside my vault I have a bed, a chest, and some back wall. When my inventory is overflowing, I stop and lay down a bed, as well as my piggy bank and vault, and put unique and nonstackable items into the vault, and fill outwards from there (vault > piggy bank > inventory). I don't store items that I'm likely to pick up more of (gems, ores, stone, etc). I can set the bed as my spawnpoint, so that I can use it as a sort of mining hub. When I'm done, I mirror back to my bed, destroy it, and mirror back to my spawn.

This technique gives me almost double the inventory space, and can triple the time I can spend spelunking.

Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. DarkDain

OH that reminds me, about the gel. In case you dont already know, some statues can be activated to do things with wires. Slime statues summon slimes, if you rig up a few of these in a room with dart traps and set it on an automated timer, you have a gel machine to get you gel anytime you need it (useful for flame thrower ammo and hp potions) so dont need to store any of it. Also, goldfish statues summon goldfish, very very handy! They sell for 2 silver each and are used in making mushroom soup !!! BEWARE the mimic statues...

8. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I trolled my freind by wireing 5 mimic satues in his house and blocked the exits.;)

9. DarkDain

I sentence you to fruit rainbow death! >:O

10. AJ

Love the rainbow rod.BEST.WEAPON.EVER.

11. DarkDain

Are you in the steam KAG group ? cuz i dont see you there! Rainbow Rod, Cursed Flames, Laser Rifle and Crystal Storm <3 the best four spells !

12. JsF

JsF Shopkeep Stealer

Steam KAG group?!?!?!?! where! *opens steam*

13. AJ

I looked for group but there are like 20 link pls.

14. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

15. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

Hurrah I just joined!

BTW, I have a terraria server if anyone is interested.

16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I am most certainly interested!

17. Jermex

Jermex Shopkeep Stealer

Lovely!
    www.nlgamer.ca

our community forums are accessed by clicking the game server link in the upper righthand of the page

We ask that people apply for the game server of their choice ^_^
    just check out the applications thread, and we will have you on in no time.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

My biggest problem is that even the biggest of worlds weren't big enough, hell they still aren't (I've taken to start up again recently), this technique as well as simply piggybanking is just too fucking OP, the problem is that I've yet to find a need to do this, you make a hellevator, a few of these rooms scattered about and you are simply set, no need for much else, and if you do need much else, bring a stack of 10 piggybanks with you, carry inside the piggybanks a few beds, and perhaps the materials to attract a merchant to a room if that's your thing, and you're good to go.

Needs worlds at least 5 times as big with hella more biomes.

Noburu likes this.
  19. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

It's mostly not a case of need as want. =P

Eggnogg likes this.
  20. Nightowned

Nightowned Horde Gibber

me have the game the game excellent me have kill boos : destroyer, twin, eater of world ,eye of cthulu ,wall of flesh and the skeletron

Mods: BlueLuigi