1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[281] Assault bridge

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Ej, Jan 28, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    A simple design of the most invulnerable quick bridge I could think of.
    The point of this construction is to make a way for your knights and archers trapped under fire of catapult and/or archers.

Due to shape of it if a catapult is lower than the bridge the catapult always inflict minimal damage.
    And all the parts of backwall are protected by solid stone. And it's really easy to repair.

I don't know what happens if a catapult is higher than the bridge, never happened to me.

I also tested higher version, it's more expensive but it's better when you aren't too fast as a builder and mass archers are shooting your ass.
    [​IMG]

Cost:
    [​IMG]
    One module of the basic version costs 40 stone.
    Together with a supporting wall it costs 48 stone.
    For the higher version it's 50 stone and 60 stone.

Edit: "Ah! I just thought of something, this structure will deter most archers from attempting to climb it, I usually fire my arrows for wall climbing before I climb something like that but it would probably take me about 10-15 arrows to climb over 3-4 modules of this. So yeah, add that to your first post, looking good from here! "

2. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Seems to be pretty expansive, but it seems to work well. Gonna try it tonight.

3. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

I would imagine that if the catapult is higher, its arc of fire means that its pretty much going to kill anyone on the bridge!

4. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

soooooo.... quick question... how i'm supposed to get back in my base?

5. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

@Mathewson, The point/concept of EJ's structure add-on is to quickly put up a defense against a catapult, and or spammy archers. A set of team doors could easily be added on the beginning section of this, EJ just didn't show it.

Well Ej, looks good, I'll have to try these out sometime!

6. You aren't. It's an assault bridge. Archers should not leave it. Builders and knights die all the time so they don't care.
    E: killatron was faster

7. Mathewson

WRONG! I as a Knight always spend my coins and need to get back in my base to spend it.
    Also if I find enough res for a builder (100 and more) I turn around and give it a builder to fortify the position.
    Towers like these are just dropping the unitcounter for your team... nothing else.

Build 1 block trapdoor and 1block teamdoor (because 2 teamdoors seem to be bugged somehow if you press down)
    then start with the block system. I cant understand why builders often think knights are supposed to die, they dont need
    a way back

allknowingfrog likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

Happy now?

FuzzyBlueBaron and Noburu like this.
  9. Mathewson

<3 I'm satisfied.
    now we can make love =)

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Ah! I just thought of something, this structure will deter most archers from attempting to climb it, I usually fire my arrows for wall climbing before I climb something like that but it would probably take me about 10-15 arrows to climb over 3-4 modules of this. So yeah, add that to your first post, looking good from here! ;)