1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Organization

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Speedwagon, Jan 30, 2012.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Speedwagon

Speedwagon Shipwright

While looking through boards I see that there are a large amount of threads on topics or discussion that should be kept to one thread so the boards would be less cluttered and better for navigation. I think the quality of the forums would go up if Forum Guards or capable users created megathreads. Someone makes one if they noticed discussions that would be better kept in one thread, of course one should only do it if they see the potential for success.
    Original topics would show better without a lot of threads similar to each other scattered through every page.

Thoughts or questions about this?

2. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Could you give examples of such threads?

3. Speedwagon

Speedwagon Shipwright

In Help there would be a thread for each OS, common errors and fixes would be listed in the OP of each with links or quoted text on the issue and how to fix it or whats causing it. People would also just post about there issue if they can't find it in the OP and then get the response there.

In General a Premium Account discussion for people who are buying it, bought it, curious about it, etc as many people seem to make threads trying to get convinced to buy premium or for whatever reason asking about what you get.
    A thread for discussion on future updates would be able to hold all of the topics in the countless threads in one ongoing place.

I think you can get the basic idea, you just need to look at each board, or your board of choice to see that there are a lot of redundant threads that would be better kept in one place.

I'm not trying to convey it as everything needs a megathread, just for things that are widely talked about that would be better in its own place.

Noburu and trelawney like this.
  4. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

F12 for OS separation in Test Build / Help etc, or a relevant checkbox in quick-reply/reply-to-thread menu and/or a set of thread prefixes for moderators e.g. Win/OSX/Lin

BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97