1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[274] Ninja Guide

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Brine, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Brine

Brine Horde Gibber

Hello I am brine and I am here to teach you Ninjutsu. I am not going to post any pictures because if I did this guide would take waaay too long and I don't really need to anyway.

o Part of being a Knight is learning the way your weapon handles. When you do your normal stab it comes out and down. This means that if you start your swing facing one way and turn the other way it will still reach to the original spot when you turn around. I often defeat other Knights by using 'Ninja' tactics. Say you have two Knights standing by each other point blank. Both of you don't want to put your shield down. You can climb on them using the grapple system and start your swing when you are right above their head, and swing around the other way and stab them on their head. If they aren't paying attention or if you do it fast enough you can surprise them.

o Flanking is cool. The way you flank a group of archers/builders is you take a bomb, and then wait until it is almost timed out. Then, at the last moment you jump, and glide with your shield. Practice this and eventually you can flank anybody, but make sure the object you do it from isn't too high/low.

I hope you all will become fabulous Ninjas!

2. Tintoko

Tintoko Shipwright

Something that I noticed in the game:

1. Move - Repeat this step constantly
    2. Jump - Repeat this step constantly
    3. Use shield - Repeat this step constantly
    ---------------
    Here's the advantage of each move:

1. Move = Uh, moves you.
    2. Jump = Avoids hits
    3. Use shield = Avoids hits
    ------
    Do those steps in the same time.

BlueLuigi and Ej like this.
  3. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Depending on the situation, shielding isn't always the best course of action. It's great when you're trying to dodge a volley of arrows or protect yourself from a bomb explosion, but when it comes down to CQC with knights, your sword can sometimes make for a better defensive tool. You can meet each jab coming from the enemy with a jab of your own, until the enemy makes an incorrect move. Jabs are also able to stop an enemy knight from charging a deadly slash. Taking a blow from a charged slash while shielding will temporarily stun you, leaving you vulnerable and open to be killed easily.

4. Brine

Brine Horde Gibber

I usually just shield when I am jumping to get in shield bashes.

5. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

This guide...Doesn't say much besides using a turn-slash and bomb-jumping, the thing we all know.
    The class is a Knight, not a Ninja, and so it should stay.

6. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

Turn-slash??? Sounds like ninjutsu to me. As a new player all I know about is stab, stab, shield, stab, get lucky hit, die to seasoned veteran.

7. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Nice idea but I think if you'd add attacks into the steps, this formular would be 10x better. Personaaly, i just jump over the enemy and slash around. :-)