1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New build discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, Jul 8, 2011.

1. p5k

p5k Guest

Sorry, but the new drawbridges are awful.
    I think they are only good for team kill compilations, what was wrong with the old ones?
    Look at that:
    [img=Bridge Fail]http://solid.p5k.org/kag/bridge.jpg[/img]
    The whole team dies at the first trap, which is their very own.

2. niksu

niksu Guest

really nice clutter cleaning Hansel, i totally support your layout redesign, takes lot less visual space and is easier to read fast.

3. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, this will become "baby's first grief". It's so easy to do that even I was tempted to screw around with other players -_-

The old bridges were ok if the builders remembered to leave two tile holes for you to go under the brudge if you want to kill enemy knight that's fallen through. But since none of them did, jumping into spike pit and digging around was a very easy and usefull tactic.

Seconded! Bring the red bar back, or give us some more clear indicator. Making the cursor a bigger and adding a sound cue would help.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I just want to say that I find skybridges very unfun, no matter what they add to gameplay. I think KAG should have multiple paths of attack, but I think that above and below should no be as common as straight up above ground army-clashing. Digging tunnels should be something you work on for a while, something that you use only when you absolutely cannot gain ground above. But just a couple builders can dig faster than they can walk. That's ridiculous.

My favourite part of KAG, personally, is the beginning of the game where both armies meet up to duke it out mano a mano. Just straight up steel and blood, with the stronger team gaining ground. I hate late game maps full of giant bomb-made ravines, with the air criss-crossed with skybridges. I don't care if that helps against stalemates, I mean I think it's a good thing to have anti-stalemate mechanisms, as I have said often, but not in the form of skybridges.

I don't find it fun to walk on a thin piece of wood in the sky and rain shit down on people. I think instead of trying to encourage stupid mechanics like this the devs should instead focus on making their core gameplay not so prone to stalemates.

It's like they had a not so tasty cake. Instead of fixing the recipe of the actual cake, they try to pile on whipped cream and little plastic ornaments so you don't notice how the cake tastes. Work on your recipe!

5. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

What do you mean by 'core'? I thought adding a 3rd way of getting around the map is pretty 'core'. And as I've said I'm pretty sure the skybridges are a placeholder. I have the impression that you guys want something that you can't describe, because it's near-impossible or not possible at all to achieve. You can't have everything at the same time.

Easily achievable with custom maps already and possibly server variables in the future. Please, let the main game be more interesting than that.

6. Quimbo

Quimbo Guest

It's already happening. A player named "Frank22" began to teamkill our team with a bridge trap and eventually we had to take the entire bridge down and replace it with ladders. A single player was able to hold the entire team off long enough for the enemy to come to our doors...

Traps are useless now.

7. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

+ 1 Hansel hud looks perfect to me, me personally would make aside the heart and the text all transparence, worked for me better :P

here's it with transparency just not moved (mind it moved like hansel^s ^^)

[​IMG]

8. miaow

miaow Guest

I liked the old interface and arrow charge bar :(

9. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Loki where's your minimap?

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

12. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

13. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Shall we all just Quote Miaow?

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

We can quote each others quoting miaow too, but quoting only him is more pleasant for eyes

15. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I meant shall we all quote him because it's true.

16. baranok

baranok Guest

destroying ladder gives 3 wood instead of 2

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I like the new arrow charge bar, if only it is closer to having none at all. I think it's still completely usable by the noobs that need it :P and ignorable enough for everyone else.

18. miaow

miaow Guest

And another thing!
    When a server is very busy, you can't see red team in the score. Just last game there was a griefer on red team, and when you pressed tab, all you could see was the name of one red person, but the chat hid their score and checkbox. Not happy. Need to be able to see all of both teams and to be able to have the old interface

19. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Cave-in's or someones suggestion on oxygen supply.

20. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Spitfirexero suggested another thing in that vein. Cavern darkness. Understandably you might not need to worry about darkness in a 2 high tunnel leading in only one direction, until the enemy decides to sabotage the tunnel and pit a spike pit or two in there.. Have fun trying to fix all of it.