1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is the bomb jump an intended, permanent mechanic?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by theBeaz, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Smokeybacon

Smokeybacon Superdreadnought Donator

I thought we were talking about held bomb jumping all along. That is what needs to be completely removed. Regular bomb jumping requires a lot more skill, and some decent cover.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Regular bomb jumping is hella more op and easy to do actually ^^ so the problem is when this goes people will want that gone eventually

3. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Can't you just throw the bomb slightly above you for the same effect as the held bomb jump?

4. BlueLuigi

Yes, actually it gives a better effect doing that, which is why people will get over this and the ones who want a nerf will just see to wanting this nerfed as well :P

5. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

It's great to see that I'm not alone against held bombjumping, but you do see that in order to get propelled upwards the explosion should come from below, right?

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I always thought held bombjumping was stupid because of this reason. Or at the very least, bombs above your head sending you upwards rather than into the ground.

7. BlueLuigi

I never did held jumping at first because of this and I'd friggin' loveeeeeeeeeee to see shielding upward from a bomb make you spike downwards if it's above you.

Beef likes this.
  8. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

I find bomb jumping held is fast for travel, and when pinned down by fire it is fast enough to work without getting stun killed by bomb,
    on flat maps, where you get pinned down by archers, it is perfact to jump over all the knights at the front and go for the overpowered archers, killing the support,
    and get the advantage of killing knights from behind. logical, is it not?

Opinion is... No nurf, It is fine as is.

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You could very well do this with the held bombjumping removed. It'd just take more skill.

10. Botel

Botel Shipwright

or maybe the distance nerfed a little, and the bombs being more directional.
    ex: bomb above your head sends you downwards
    ex2: bomb behind you sends you almost laterally, not horizontally
    ex3: bomb below you sends you up, but not to the side at all

EDIT: and ofc no handheld jumping, it should blow your face off

Strathos likes this.
  11. BlueLuigi

That is mostly how it works, we just jump to a diagonal direction so that it sends us there well. The only change needed is bombs spiking you downward if you're below them shielding upwards.

To compensate all of this I of course suggest the ability to cata bomb jump :^) (Better than now!)

12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I dunno if this has changed recently, but my only problem is the height people can get out of bomb jumping, not everyone can do the ridiculous 20 tile high jumps, but if you have a team where 4 or 5 knights can do it it's a nightmare, and given how many resources you have to put into a tower to keep bomb jumpers out it's a bit much. The distance I have no problem with at all, the 2nd video in Strathoses' post is fine, and I think it's a perfectly fine to be able to jump over a big gap, but a 20 coin bomb being a counter to even a very tall tower is stupid. I do enjoy it when a team is stupid enough to tower right next to a hill however, and for them to get knights flying over with ease due to such bad building, unfortunately not many people learn from those situations.

13. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Just wanted to correct this - someone just bomb jumped with the flag on my server. Did not drop.

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Of course, throw bomb down, grab flag, shield at bomb.
    It's not hard.

Beef likes this.
  15. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Someone said that was the balance - you couldn't bomb jump with flag. How should that be an okay mechanic?

edit: It just seems like pure cheese.

16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Sorry, i was not considering dropping the bomb first then grabbing the flag, i'm used to holding the bomb.

17. I think someone should report this.

18. BlueLuigi

It's not as op as you think again most of this is nerfed and none of it is a problem unless the skill level is already very separated,making a bomb jump proof wall and having a guy ready to kill bomb jumpers is important when you fight them as are spikes, as long as there is start up time for a roof, a wall, spikes and shops you are fine

Contrary and Rayne like this.
  19. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

That's not the max distance. Not even by far.

It's a plausible scenario and it happens quite often. You don't even need the "fall glitch". If you fall over someone, or there's a ladder, you will survive.
    I don't think these kind of jumps should be possible. KAG is a teamwork-oriented game. I think these kind of tactics go against it.

theBeaz, Rayne, Chinizz and 3 others like this.
  20. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

When I make jumps like this I usually try to land on top of enemy tower,and usually it is easier than you could imagine.

I think that bombjumping shouldn't be removed - but it certainly needs changes,as it is the most poferfull and cheesy ability in the game.