1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Its jizz.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Wouldn't that be bonersauce?

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, think of what boner stands for... And then sauce... Yeah. I have a dirty mind. It was the first thing that came to mind. XD

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You played with other people's boners??? :o

Piano, GloriousToast, Bammboo and 5 others like this.
  5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Fun Fact: Your fact is actually false, it's like the myth a penny will kill someone if dropped from a very large height, that's not true each object has a terminal velocity which will probably destroy/kill the thing in question: therefore a cat is less likely to survive no matter which height it falls from, reaching terminal velocity for a cat is like going in one of them speed things at NASA at g-force 2 afaik.

Also my name is actually a somewhat play upon my birth name, (Which will not be told for one reason or another.) as it, if pronounced differently, sounded slightly like Valky-ree.

Auri and Blueboy23 like this.
  6. Vivicus

Vivicus KAG Guard Tester

Why don't you come on over, stop makin' a fool out of me / Why don't you come on over, Valkyrie~

Valkyrie likes this.
  7. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

For my name, I just thought the words flowed together. I was gonna put Mellian-Quar-Xilimxian, but it was too long. :(

Auri likes this.
  8. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

My original username was something I came up with in 2006 and I'm quite honestly ashamed of choosing it, partially because a cosplaying group happened to take the name about a year after I started using it. "Sani" is a shortened version of that because people couldn't spell the original for some reason.

"Blues" comes from Protoman's name from the Megaman Series.
    Rock - Mega
    Roll - Roll
    Blues - Proto
    Right(lol) - Light
    Blues is also really nice music.

Saniblues

9. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

It might be false but whatever, I thought it would make people smile in context of my post. I have citations to back up my claim. Namely Wikipedia, which is like citing poop but there you go.

One thing to remember though is if a mouse falls down a mineshaft it is unharmed, a rat is dazed, a man is broken and a horse splashes. It has something to do with mass : Surface area ratio and wind resistance. A horse crams a lot of mass into a small surface area relative to a mouse and therefor can reach a much higher terminal velocity. According to Wikipedia a cats terminal velocity is 100 km/h (60mph) comparatively a humans terminal velocity is 210 km/h (130mph).

Injury

Using their righting reflex theory, cats can often land uninjured. This is, however, not always the case, and cats can still break bones or die from falls. In a 1987 study, published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, of 132 cats that were brought into the New York Animal Medical Center after having fallen from buildings, it was found that the injuries per cat increased depending on the height fallen up to seven stories but decreased above seven stories.[8] The study authors speculated that after falling five stories the cats reached terminal velocity and thereafter relaxed and spread their bodies to increase drag. However, an alternative interpretation which came out of internet chat[8] of the study would be that upon an excess of seven stories the cats experience a higher fatality rate which precludes the owner from bringing them in for medical attention. Although scientists in Massachusetts have recently discovered that the cat's ability to spread its legs out to decrease drag when reaching terminal velocity would explain the decreased injuries sustained above seven stories because they wouldn't reach terminal velocity before then. Professor David Stevenson said "we simulated the cat's weight and size and found the terminal velocity to be 60mph which would more than likely result in severe injury or death to the cat when falling from this speed, but once we took into account the cat's ability to right its self and spread its body out this reduced the terminal velocity to only 53mph. this 7mph difference is massive and would almost certainly ensure the cat's survival. There however is always the possibility that the cat may not manage to right itself so this is far from a conclusive experiment and we do not condone the throwing of cats from anything".

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. I just wanted to know if Rambo was already taken . . .

Ozminer, Piano, GloriousToast and 8 others like this.
  11. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Typed randomness into my calculator, Adinxs poped out.

Auri likes this.
  12. Nazna

Nazna Link's Lover Donator

Mine is the name I used for my first ORPG, it's the name of a moogle in FF9.
    It's been my online alias ever since.

Auri and Chinizz like this.
  13. Chayeh

Chayeh Shopkeep Stealer

Mine's kinda lame, being that it is my actual name. Not that smart of an idea but I've been using it for everything I do on the internet since I got a computer. Literally no one uses this little known Hebrew name

Auri likes this.
  14. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

same story but really jus added an r and jumbled it to end of first name while 13 cause its my fav number.. nothing special to it all like others :(

Auri likes this.
  15. DARK-KILLER

DARK-KILLER Shopkeep Stealer

Um.... I like to randomly kill people in the dark!

Auri and Blueboy23 like this.
  16. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This thread appears to be a haven for free likes!
    Back in the days of spawning with bombs I went by the name Spider101...
    Then one of my bombs, while throwing it at a mob of enemies outside our base, collapsed a 4 block high wall.
    Some dolt immediately screamed about griefing despite the fact the wall was largely useless and that half the enemys were now dead and I immediately got kicked. Assuming I had been permanently banned I set up my new account named Rainbows as there was a rainbow outside.
    So my names are usually Rainbows (sometimes with a !) and Spider101.

Then there's lolzilla... Mostly found on that hellhole named Roblox... If it weren't for me finding Minecraft I would still be using leet speak while screaming about hackers....

And that's my lifestory!

Auri and Acavado like this.
  17. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

:), Believe it or not my name comes from a Pokemon named Bi-Sharp whose types are Dark/Steel.
    Bi-Sharp was the first Pokemon I raised from level one to one-hundred and used to beat one of my friends "Invincible team" I took the name in honour of my Bi-Sharp. Previously I was ArchedAngel, and before that I was REX DXE, which meant something but I've forgotten it.

btw @Kouji that sequence of numbers is the start of the Fibonacci sequence.

P.S. My Bi-Sharp was nicknamed Darksteel, which I thought was awesome.

Auri, Cadbury and Kouji like this.
  18. Frogdo

Frogdo Shopkeep Stealer

The meaning of my name, if you haven't guessed it already, is quite boring. Way back when I was but a wee lad I came across my first MMORPG, being as of yet unacquainted by the larger world of Fantasy I decided to settle on Frodo.

Now obviously this was already taken so I threw a 'g' in, and from this day forth I've stuck with the name Frogdo, and will forever stick with the name Frogdo.

Auri and Valkyrie like this.
  19. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

well lets open the blueboy story wrong lets just say what it is
    .I like the colour blue
    .it was my school uniform and sports and since I am a boy i put that and blue together [blue[]boy].:);):p

Auri and Eggnogg like this.
  20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

My name was from a novel and originally supposed to be Fallere825. I made a typo and when I tried to change it back (way back when) people started calling me an imposter... So I switched it back. It's now pronounced Fell-air. It's like fella. Apparently a lot of people have difficulty pronouncing my name? Some people just call me fell. Noburu calls me fellatio so whatever floats your boat.

Noburu, Auri and Acavado like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi