1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Game Sales for all!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Wonkyth, Nov 14, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

And in the process they lose their social life :S

Valkyrie likes this.
  2. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

GOG.com (Good Old Games, shop with classic games prepared to run on modern Windows version) - 50% off Holiday Sale - until 2nd January

Gameolith (Linux games shop, actually only indie games in offer) - Winter Sale, new deals every week until 1st January

trelawney likes this.
  3. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

:O I just bought Rayman 2 and 3, I've been trying to get those for ages!

4. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

BTW: I wrote an email to Humble Bundle because I asked myself (and others had the same question in IRC) if the developers/charity orgs get less from the money you pay when you activate your games on steam because then steam might also get its share. Turns out: "Redeeming games on Steam does not affect anything."

5. Bene

indie royale new years bundle with "nuclear dawn", "max & the magic maker", "fractal" and "super crossfire". not so interesting for me.

6. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Nuclear Dawn and Max & the Magic Marker are actually really good, but the bundle's over now, so you'll have to get them the normal way, if you want them.

7. Wonkyth

The AGS Bake Sale is up!
    I personally know a great many of the developers for this one, so play them before I rip your bloody arms orf! =D

8. Wonkyth

There's This, which has a few thing's mentioned.
    However, easily the pick of the bunch is THIS!
    For those of you too lazy to click a link, it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution for eight pounds!
    Not sure how that comes out in other currencies, even my own, or whether the deal is available for people outside the UK, but CHECK IT OUT, GUYS! =D

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

According to comments it may be somewhat region limited and also doesnt include the launch DLC. Just a heads up.

10. Wonkyth

The DLC's pretty lame anyways.

11. Wonkyth

New IndieRoyale!
    IMPORTANT: This bundle will only be available for 100 hours from the time of launch. Currently there is ~92 hours left.
    This one has
    -Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
    -Serious Sam Double D
    -Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack
    -Serious Sam: The First Encounter
    -Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
    -Serious Sam: The Greek Encounter

12. Important note: the 1st and the 2nd encounter are original versions, not remastered ones.
    but I could be wrong

Wonkyth likes this.
  13. Doublepost:
    http://www.humblebundle.com/ new bundle. The best feature is a fact that you can download it on several platforms. So you are paying 1 cent for downloading it on PC, your Samsung, MAC of your girlfriend and Linux of your nerd brother.

dnmr likes this.
  14. Bene

There is a new indiegala bundle: http://www.indiegala.com/#
    Depending on what you pay you get Roboblitz, Greed Corp, Bunch of Heroes, Fortix 2, Critical Mass, the Games from the last bundle and music albums.

Wonkyth likes this.
  15. Wonkyth

As DarkDain pointed out, Plants vs. Zombies is on sale on Steam atm, and is a good game.
    Additionally, there is a new Game Music Bundle!
    This one comes highly recommended, as it includes truly awesome music from games like Aquaria, Sword & Sworcery, To the Moon, Machinarium, Tower of Heaven, Eternal Daughter, and a good many others. Seriously, the soundtracks from these games are each worth at least ten bucks each.

16. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

http://savygamer.co.uk/ is constantly updated, although some sales may be region specific.

The guy that runs the above site also write up a post for RPS every Saturday,that usually includes links to what RPS thought of the game. It is located here:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/the-rps-bargain-bucket/

Good sites to keep tabs on to stay up to date on sales. You could probably rig up an RSS feed for them.

17. Bene

A new Indie Royale Bundle is out with:Zeno Clash, Hoard (with extra DLC), Lume, Soulcaste I & II http://www.indieroyale.com/
    I bought it only for Zeno Clash :)

18. Snow

Snow KAG Guard Tester

Thanks for this.

I wish though for indie games that there would be one main online store (other than for humble bundle which is for charity). If all indie games were sold in one place, it would gain in popularity and bring more exposure to the games. Up until now I've never heard of indieroyale.com.

19. Wonkyth

Centralisation is one thing, but I think it would cause many other issues on the side. I'd be interested in discussing this further, and if anyone else does too, start a topic. :)

Mods: BlueLuigi