1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Nah that's not it at all. MM and Geti are proud of their work, and like good developers they want to make sure it's decent when it comes out.

Noburu, FuzzyBlueBaron and Birdman159 like this.
  2. Walking dead disspointed me. Boring premiere. I wa able to tone it out ): this season was boring. I was looking for a giant zombie goodness with huge attacks like last season but all they did was stay on the farm looking for the girl that i wont spoil what happens to people who didnt see the end of the mid season end

3. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

Y'know what I'm really hoping for? A yellow-quadrangle kag styled troll face.
    That's what I really want.

4. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Of course they are proud of it, but I'm sure a major reason they kept the testing to such a small group of well known players this time around was due to the riots that were invoked by the previous open test builds. It got to the point where a lot of people stopped being constructive and just began flaming about how much they hated it. It can be very demoralizing on any developer...so closed testing was definitely the way to go on this.

5. Neat

I don't think the flaming got to them, it was more the lack of structure and focus on testing. People expected it to be bug-free. The closed group of testers know they're going to get something that isn't stable, otherwise it would have already been released. Means they can concentrate on finding all the flaws really easily.

6. What I hope they realize is what we all really want is the content, and bugs can be fixed later at any time. They will be a LOT easier to find with many more testers :D

Mellian-Quar-Xililix likes this.
  7. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Not when everyone is shouting at you about every little thing, and you've got some people raging instead of actually submitting bugs. That kind of stuff slows down the progress. This way is much more organized and will get it to us faster, trust me.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeahna. Having a smaller more focused group means that there's a shorter loop between a patch and feedback - plus not only is a smaller group less likely to be sidetracked, but they can work together as a unit - some that's just not possible when there are a few thousand people sprawling all over the game. ;)

Noburu and Neat like this.
  9. Oh I agree with you, I am just saying they should not fret, and if they don't get all of the bugs, it is fine.

*raises flagon of mead* We salute you, Ser MM and Ser Geti, for being the best game developers out there. FOR THE KING OF ALL GAMES!!!

10. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

What about both? Can't we have that? A small, dedicated group plus a public test build?

11. Neat

What's the point?

12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

While I don't want to completely dismiss the notion, I think it'd be better if we just to wait and let the testers test. After all, the devs seem pretty adamant about only letting a small group search for bugs.

Bottom line is, we're just gonna have to be patient.

Wonkyth and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. masonmistel

It was only a suggestion. I don't mind waiting for the content. Most people will play it for a week, get tired of it, and then want adventure mode. The ugly truth.

14. Neat

I highly doubt that based on what i'm playing.

Yeah some of them are. Don't know exactly which ones though.

Boromir likes this.
  15. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Of course! Because that's why people bought the game....so they could wait a year for Adventure mode.

And I suppose people are bored of the CTF mode now?

No offense, but if you know this is the truth, give us some proof :P

16. With the fact that me and a lot of others still play KAG a lot even witout zombies. I think I will be playing even more, but I still play at least every other day now.

17. masonmistel

I realize I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm just looking to the negative side of things so it's more exciting when it actually comes out. I don't know. I just want it to be so good,but then again, don't we all?

18. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

I am petitioning god for a 25th hour in teh day, so that I can squeeze in that much more King Arthur's Gold.

Noburu, Contrary and FlameHaze3 like this.
  19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It was like 1:00 in the morning when they got zombies out to us. I played for five hours straight.

Noburu and Rayne like this.
  20. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Get me in there, ill prob find a glitch within 5 minutes people overlooked QQ