1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Quotes from Testing Day 1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Thank you for doubting our abilities.

Vidal, Birdman159, Boromir and 6 others like this.
  2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well of course people will find many bugs. In my mind, KAG has just become known for having bugs. I've come to just deal with it and work around it.

3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

This testing is all about making the glaring bugs less of an issue and making the game into a playable/enjoyable state for the majority of KAG players. It's a fact that this version of KAG is wrought with extremely high expectations and hype. It is definitely the make it or break it patch for this game. Imagine the developers releasing a subpar zombie patch. The client base that bought this game solely for that feature will no doubt be disappointed, possibly give very negative reviews/views of KAG, and even stop playing outright from anger. Not everyone understands that this is a game in Alpha-Testing and many seem to not care that it is. They will always want a product that is top quality when it is released to the public. No doubt there will still be bugs after the testing and it is safe to say that the team won't find everything. They are not a perfect filter. However constant pestering for spoilers will not make the team release any anytime soon. In fact it only incites negative emotions within the testers that is directed at the public's mob like mentality.

Vidal, aaaaaa50, SARGRA13 and 4 others like this.
  4. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

Zombies are just too damn intense, man.

5. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Although it could be taken that way. i myself have tested plenty of games in beta versions, so i feel i could do very well.
    There may be hard to find bugs, that take a certain prerequisit, like a certain shape of terrain (like the tunnel glitching) and those would be what i mean, i would try and find the hard stuff, since i feel like you will allready have found most of it.
    Regardless, you guys won't take more people im sure, with around a week left, so im done here.
    See you in a week.

6. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Still seeing some doubt there as you are saying that the people they have won't be able to spot the bugs that you obviously think only you are capable of finding.

I have faith in the testers to do their job to the best of their ability. Of course when it is released to the public and other bugs are found, then we can tell them to smush them!

7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Which is when i shall rise like a phoenix, laughing that i found things they didn't, which is my point.
    Im sure a lot of the testers haven't had 8 years of testing (around 60 different small KAG sized games)
    Lets hope im wrong, of course, i would like it to be as bug free as possible.

8. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

So...if someone in the general public finds a bug before you in the full release, can we blame you for your incompetence that they found it before you? ^_^

9. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

I will be playing the game, if your gonna rush the second you find a bug, instead of testing the game out for a while, and reporting what you find AFTER a few rounds, then you fail, cuz im sure you will be doing this.
    *i won't end up in the beta testing for the release, so that comment was purely a troll post, and should be deleted.
    *I won't be sitting here checking the game out until the patch is released, people will definitely play it before me.
    *For future notice, don't put somthing in somone elses quotes, makes it look like they posted somthing they didn't.

PS, like i said, lets hope im completely wrong, and they get everything.

10. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

I was kidding. :) I never report bugs anyway. I acknowledge them, but like I try to work around them and avoid them if they are minor.

And as for putting things in other people's quotes, people do that quote often around here and on other forums to sum up their thoughts on the quote if it was long. And my thoughts on your quote, especially the part about you boasting of:

Made you sound arrogant, but I took it as a light-hearted thing.

I honestly do hope that if they leave any bugs in, that we have people like you to find them and point them out. It will overall improve the game. :D

-gives you a can of Raid in preparation of FlameHaze's assault on the bugs-

11. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

-Grabs...shit, you allready said Raid, kills bugs dead, beat me to it, damnit.

12. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Vidal, JacKD, aaaaaa50 and 5 others like this.
  13. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Fellere825 likes this.
  14. Bandwagonman

Bandwagonman Shopkeep Stealer

15. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Besides the gap in the middle of course. XD

16. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Dragons will be even more intense. You'll blackout for hours if you see one the first time. I'd post a screenshot but Geti didn't allow me to do so until next week because they are still very buggy at the moment :(

Halosnake, Nixito, Bracket and 5 others like this.
  17. arcadebomber

arcadebomber Shopkeep Stealer

There are dragons too?!?!?!?! :eek:

18. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Pull the other one.

19. SirEndgame

SirEndgame Shopkeep Stealer

Have the testers been playing in isolated, one-player sessions or big zombie parties?

Just curious.

20. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

Well this dialogue:

Slightly confirms that they played in a party as big as 4 at least.

But I am sure there are isolated one-player playthroughs going on for generally practice/big-hunting. :)

Hope that answers your questions.