1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Commander role!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HA1TER, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Kind of similar sounding ideas no? :D

2. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Not gonna lie I skipped most the posts and didn't see this, but absolutely! We both came to the same conclusion

3. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

This is an amazing idea, but it is explained very poorly.

4. Wyeth

Wyeth KAG Guard Donator Tester

Frankly I don't think it helps any.
    Like someone wrote before people ignore the chat, why shouldn't they ignore the voice? or mute them?
    People don't know how to play or rather, people have no teamplay and thats the problem. No one thinks about what others need or do.
    People go as far as collapse buildings in the mids of battle because they think they are "not right".

For me that is the epitome of lack of teamplay.
    In any teamgame you got this same problem. People don't even realize it.

I support the idea of including general voice chat though!

Also beside the point:
    If the OP (HA1TER) is the same one that plays on 150x150 or 200x200, bitching to others and insulting them endlessly won't get them to do anything for you. I actually found it kind of ironic that you would write a post like this. In the games I played with you people were considering kicking you every single time (In chat). Not because you played badly but because you insulted and basically "screamed" at anybody. Just wanted to point out the irony here for me.

5. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I am sorry if i insulted anyone,but i never said anyones name in game!Sometimes i say noob builder or ffs.
    Also i will not "scream" on chat anymore.It was in passion to win and to try to move the guys forward.
    Thank you Wyeth for your post.

Wyeth likes this.
  6. Wyeth

Just some guy who played with you, you didn't insult me personally or anything, I just happened to be there like 3-4 times where you would say insulting things to other players, thats all.
    Not having posted much doesn't make it any less valid. It just happened to be on my mind because what I described happened very recently.
    Calling people "noob" and "fuck you" or stupid IS insulting even if you do not adress them by name. Maybe thats even more insulting actually.
    They normally said you would grief as far as I saw, but you weren't griefing... just being unfriendly.
    The reason I didn't write anything positive about you is because I didn't see you say anything positive while I was there. There is nothing going on nor am I angry with you. I simply don't like hypocrisy, which made me post this when I stumbled upon it on the forum.

I am not trying to hijack your thread.
    I gues what I am saying is that if you talk to people in a decent manner they usually react accordingly. The people who ignore what others are saying will not listen to anybody, insulting or not, they simply ignore the chat or make fun of it.
    So if you are insulting people you hit exactly those people you're trying to reach with that whole commander thing.

But yeah its probably not the best place here. If you wanna discuss this further just shoot me a private message or something.

EDIT: You edited your post quite a bit when I checked back. Since I didn't use quotations some of my points in this post don't make much sense anymore.
    You don't owe me an apology, you never wronged me personally. Like I explained in this post why I wrote what I wrote. It's good to see that you are not a bad guy. I thought you weren't because even though you were insulting to other players (who frankly didn't know what they were doing) You never griefed (what some people said) or something. I just wanted to tell you what kind of picture you give other players who are with you and obviously its frustrating if people are just doing random stuff all the time and don't listen to you... I get frustrated too. So all is good.

7. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Nah, you are right,i looked at logs and i did insult you one time.I am sry for that :oops:
    I needed this,to realize what an asshole i am.I will change that from now.
    Thank you for that!

8. Wyeth

That would be good since you ARE a decent player and try hard to make it work.
    Thanks for being understanding.

By the way: I did't even realize you were insulting me personally, I dont think I caught that, but it doesn't even matter.

9. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I will make a server in 2 hours.Pass is "letstry" if anyone want to try the "idea"
    If we get 5v5 it will be fine.If not,some other time.
    Server name- Commander role
    Voice chat over http://getgsc.com/.
    Will post more details in one hour.

10. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

I agree with this. No one forcing you to do something, but very specific suggestions easily making clear what you want done. The chat window is unreliable as there are no forms of warning other players except for them watching the chat window, which they often don't do, and before you know it, the message expires... The waypoints, however, seem to be permanent in your idea (but removable, hopefully). Perhaps we should be able to include a bit of information which would appear on mouse-over? Sounds good to me :)

Edit: It should probably look like a scroll folded open, though, to fit the theme.

11. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

YOU WILL DO AS THE COMMANDER SAYS IF THE COMMANDER SAYS JUMP YOU JUMP IF THE COMMANDER SAYS BUILD YOU WILL BUILD IF THE COMMANDER SAYS DIE FOR YOUR BELOVED COLOUR THEN YOU WILL CURL UP AND DIE FOR YOUR BELOVED COLOUR IS THAT CLEAR?

Seriously now, this is a pretty nice idea but it depends on players following orders. As a long-time BF and ARMA player I can say that the best games are when there's strong teamplay and centralized decision making. When playing a soldier I'm too busy trying to stab that other bloke to keep track of every soldier and exchange of fire going on.

12. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Voice chat server is set,it is in London.200 slots.
    Blue team and red team have their separate rooms.
    If you instaled GSC open the console,go to voice menu and join "Commander role" server loby.KAG server is up also.

13. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Are you a modder?

Edit: Also, what is GSC?

14. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Posted link in previous post...

15. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Woops, sorry.

16. VunDola

VunDola Catapult Fodder

I just had the thought of the commander mode as well today... slightly different though.

The way I imagined commander would be that the commander gets elected at the end of the round when the counter is 0 and you die, thats when you elect.

And as the commander, my idea was basically that he/she gives out where to attack/defend/repair signs indicated on the world for teammates to take advice of.
    I think that the commander should also be able to draw out blueprints onto the world for builders to build(or not) castles so they may not be as badly structured, it may be nice to have some default blueprints or to make some yourself to suggest for the builders to build.
    When bored of it, he/she should be able to swap with someone else.

Just some thoughts I had.

HA1TER likes this.
  17. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well,i don`t know why people did not even want to try out this idea.Yes,no one did this yet,yes,it would be hard and yes,it could be fun and maybe people would be much better organized.Maybe one day.