1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[281] Enticing Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Dallas-13, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

I decide to try something completely different with this. Although this trap isn't really about the tower, it makes for a good base for one. The idea for this trap is to entice the enemy into trying to get through it (unsuccessfully of course).

Without the spikes, you an walk through this trap, however, with the spikes it is nearly impossible to do so. After much trial and error, I found that this set up of spikes works best while limiting the cost.

Other key components are the broken trapdoor on your team's side and the ladder. The trapdoor assures that the spike is pointed downward at all times and the ladder makes it impossible to actually get through the trap. It will work without the ladder, but it is much more effective with it. If the ladder gets broken, or you just don't want to build it, a floating spike in the very center of the trap will increase the effectiveness.

The major problem with this trap is builders, who can easily wreck havoc on the spikes and disabling the trap. Bombs are actually a smaller threat as spikes can work without being connected to anything and, unless they hit 2 key pieces of stone, the trap will continue to work.

Enticing Tower.JPG

jerloch and Melan like this.
  2. Melan

Melan Shark Slayer

You should put a cake in there :D

Dallas-13 likes this.
  3. Dallas-13

Cake and pie. Then it can be called the Delicious Death Duo.

4. Melan

Melan Shark Slayer

Enticing ...
    Also couldn't enemy knights just squeeze through that wall? I've squeezed a couple of times accidentally through walls like those before :o Or does it kill them before they reach there :P

5. The spike facing dow by the platform is a glitched spike becaise of said playform. If u disnt make it a plat they cud squeeze thru. But imagine one spike insta killing. Thats pretty much what that one does as they try to get thru.

Only problem is some people are stupid. Your team may attempt to get though ):

6. Melan

Melan Shark Slayer

Well if people are stupid enough to rush solo into mobs of enemies, then they're probably stupid enough to fall into that trap.
    -Cough cough- ...
    <--------- :D

jerloch likes this.
  7. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Came into this thread expecting something inappropriate.

BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
  8. Dallas-13

Yeah the spikes *should* kill anyone who tries to go through. When I tested it in game someone on my team ALWAYS derps it. Really, my own team is this trap's worst enemy.

9. Dallas-13

That depends. Do towers get your blood flowing? This might be the Valentine's Day present your looking for.

10. Melan

Melan Shark Slayer

Tower fetish?

11. Dallas-13

Yeah. I wouldn't doubt its existence.

12. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

-awkward boner-

13. You can make it team safe. But not dumbass safe. Place a team plat under the spike that insta-kills and it shud be team safe.