1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wrapping up zombies

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

I am busting to kill some zombies before they kill me, I hope it comes out this week:OP::red:,wait will it be blue and red vs zombie or will they be red( zombie):huh?:.

2. Probably no teams. Just ultimate doom to all humans. Zombies don't discriminate.

3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

OMG, it is soooo close I'm like
    [​IMG]
    Btw am I allowed to post Gifs?

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'd like to see some rage, please upload all rage webcam captures to youtube and tag them with "kag zombie rage".
    Cya next week :p

FuzzyBlueBaron and Wonkyth like this.
  5. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

• Blanket idiocy-stoppering warning.
    What, you're "Wrapping Up" this update, and you're not going to give us a release date, or at the very least tell us approximately how much more work needs to be done?

If the next blog post isn't about the release of Zombie Mode, I'm going to be disappointed. And then kind of mad. You guys are doing a great job on the game and whatnot, but 60% of my patience is gone. I know I'm not the only one that's going to be pissed if we see another cocktease on the blog. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I hope the truth doesn't offend anyone.

Either way, keep up the good work. We'll be waiting for that update.

Halosnake and Jamburglar like this.
  6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

EDIT BY WONKYTH: VIEW THIS AS A BLANKET ANTI-RETARDEDNESS WARNING PLEASE, NEAT.
    These are the kinds of posts that make developers not want to interact with their community because they don't want to get bashed for every little thing they do. If you don't like it, don't read it. You can just wait until you see "build xxx released".

Because when they post a release date, then find they had more work to do and miss that date? Everyone gets mad. When they don't post a release date to save people the trouble of being expectant, people get mad. When they offer you clues and hints into what they're doing, but not the full thing, people get mad. So you can understand why i'm annoyed that they try their best and still get punished for it.

7. Darksteel

• Blanket anti-stupidnicity warning
    Well at least he didn't say "Its totally worth the wait" -.-

On topic, what is the actual build number anyway?

8. Neat

How should I know? And what's wrong with saying "It's totally worth the wait"? It could have *not* been totally worth the wait, but it is, so we're saying that. It's worth a huge amount of wait. By the time it's released, you won't even remember how long you had to wait for it because you'll be too busy playing the hell out of it.

MouldyK and SARGRA13 like this.
  9. Darksteel

Heres my challenge, read through the thread quotes from testing day one from page one, every time you see "Its totally worth the wait" or any variation of it posted by a tester, Facepalm, you'll be unconscious before your half way through it. -.-

10. Neat

Or maybe every time I see it I could smile, i'd be pretty happy. Maybe if you took it as truth rather than think we're trying to tease you then you'd understand what i'm saying.

11. Darksteel

yeah but still, I already know its worth the wait, testers should check if what they've said has already been posted... :D

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Build number will be however many days its been since we started KAG, like always. It's above 300 now.

13. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Quite funny how you guys seem to think that the version is already finished but not released just cause they like teasing. Stop refreshing this page, it's going to take a while, someone had to say it.

14. Darksteel

Oh, I didn't realize that's how the build was named, I thought it had to do with how many litres of coffee you and MM drank whilst programming.

15. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

Is that what you really tought Darksteel:huh?: or are you joking.
    boy oh boy I wish the time would just go a little bit faster wait no a lot faster.

16. MouldyK

MouldyK Shipwright

If you think waiting around with little hints and bits on the development of the game is annoying, why read the blog then? -_-

I have literally just came from the ManiaPlanet forum who just announced they have had 60 media outlets from 10 countries come in and take a look at Shootmania. This comes after they teased the community with news in February after they have not told us anything since like October, other than that they are working hard on it, even if they are a month or so behind schedule. This makes some of the community feel betrayed that they are not the first to know about these things, but this also comes from the same people who complained that Trackmania didn't get much coverage when released...ironic, no?

Yes...they had said previously it would come out 4 months after Trackmania 2: Canyon came out (released September 19th) and even though that was a rough estimate, people are still angry they missed it, even though it wern't concrete.

Now I have no doubt that both Nadeo and KAG Team are at work on their game and do not want to set releases dates because they are both relatively smallish teams and want to polish their games as best they can.

Now i'm gonna sit here, look for a job and browse the forums of my 2 favorite developers until news comes up and I can read it. :D

...now if only Gearbox was as community-orientated about Borderlands 2 news...

EDIT: A French Magazine said something along the lines of "The gameplay, design, weapons, maps, editor: you will know everything there is to know about ShootMania , which is on track to be one of the best FPS multi recent years. Yes ma'am, no less.", so you know, atleast the testers have not said KAG is going to be one of the best multiplayer platform games this year...:P

17. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

That's because no one has to say it, MouldyK.

:B):

But in all seriousness, my guess is that they don't mention a specific release date, not just because they don't want to upset people when if they pass it, but also because they already know themselves that it won't be ready for the insinuated date of the 18th-24th, because it still needs a great deal of refinement. And that is completely fine, because we already know the KAG team and their various community testers are already doing the best they can to make it presentable, and you guys would hold it against them if they released it prematurely.

So we'll berate them because they can take it. Because they're not our heroes. They're silent guardians, watchful protectors. Dark Knights.

(Though if it's pushed back to mid-late March, I will be somewhat upset.)

Rayne and Neat like this.
  18. Ren_Partycat

Ren_Partycat Shopkeep Stealer

@Neat
    Where I come from, video games are serious business. I hope you understand that from now on. Let me explain something to you.

I'd like to start off by saying that /v/ is the hardest crowd to please. But if you manage to impress us, your fame will increase greatly. Disappoint us and, well, you'll be one step closer to becoming blunder of the year. We keep track of a lot of things in /v/, especially mistakes that companies make. You're asking why I'm bashing here, but I have an even better question. Why do great games, companies and communities become corrupt? Because of mistakes they make along the way. While it's normal to make mistakes, certain gaming companies make mistakes that we NEVER forget. Whenever we believe that something will derail into another common mistake, we discuss it in our HQ, predict what may or may not happen, and hope for the best. We've seen how many games, companies and communities have failed, along with other bits of valuable information.

But do you really want to know why many companies and communities get bashed? Do you want to know why many gamers are forming a zero-tolerance mentality? Do you want to know why /v/ is infamous for being full of assholes? It's because we care. We're very passionate about video games here in /v/, and we've dealt with a lot in the past. We truly enjoy video games, but it's painful for us when we see a great game, community or company become corrupt, so our rage grows stronger, as well as our knowledge. But we're not trying to use it to piss people off, or bring anyone down. We fight against the corruption that's killing the entertainment industry, the cancer that's slowly killing the internet. We want you to succeed where others have failed. We don't seek perfection, we're only trying to prevent you from becoming loaded with the bullshit we've seen, hated, and dealt with for ages by showing a bit of angry love. It's hard to see the truth here, but we really care. It's a shame /v/ has been fused with this corruption we fight so hard against, but that doesn't mean we're a bunch of lifeless drones. We want to enjoy vidya, but deep down, we know that all good games can't stay good forever. Which is why you see us brimming with rage at times. Believe me, we really enjoy your game. We just don't want it to fall into the abyss of games that have been stripped of their former glory. We want things done right, and we always trust a company to do it, and when they do, we show our appreciation. It's just not easy to maintain a good game, true gaming companies know this, as well as /v/. I just wanted to warn you what could happen, I didn't mean any harm.

I hope this has shed some light on the situation. But I will say this: The KAG Team is a very competent team, something I haven't seen in a long time. There's potential in this game, as well as it's company and community. Let's see how long you last...

Halosnake and FliesLikeABrick like this.
  19. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

EDIT BY WONKYTH: VIEW THIS AS A BLANKET ANTI-RETARDEDNESS WARNING PLEASE, NOBURU.
    Damn why does the forum not have a Dislike button?

EDIT: Mainly because you come off sounding entitled and elitest.

Rayne, Worm, MouldyK and 1 other person like this.
  20. Neat

>implying /v/ are ever satisfied with any video game

Seriously, because you care? Biggest load of bullshit I have ever read. And you're implying kag are going to go corrupt, because they haven't given a release date? Talk about killing yourself over a paper-cut. Well if that's how you want to feel, go ahead, but just know i'm never going to agree with that mentality.

Rainbows, goodyman8, Noburu and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.