1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

After about 10 secs of gameplay, computer restarts? lolwut?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Nulloid, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Nulloid

Nulloid Guest

After about five to thirty seconds of playing kag my computer always restarts itself.

my computer can run starcraft 2 and other games but not this? lolwhat?

Also when its done restarting there are lines across my screen, and the only way to fix the lines is by opening kag again, then closing it.

I also disconnect like CRAZY when my computer doesn't restart. it is really frustrating and makes me want to urinate cement blocks.

2. little_Peasent

little_Peasent Shark Slayer

hmmm update your graphics driver :(?

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah happens to my poopy computer. Never used to happen but gradually became more common.

4. Benata

Benata Guest

Get your memory dump and send it to geeks to solve it.
    If you don't want to spend alot of time, just get a new RAM.

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm not some computer geek but it indeed seems to be ram problem. And since KAG has some leaks - it RAM usage grows after time, probably exceeds some limit or reaches bad sectors of your RAM memory - BOOM! You've got BSOD.

6. Nulloid

Nulloid Guest

Is the only solution to buy more ram?

7. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I play for extended periods of time with my machine that has 512mb of ram. Safe to say that isn't it, or it doesn't effect everyone.

8. Benata

Benata Guest

Didn't say everyone, its just your ram is broke.

If it does.

9. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

But his computer can run Starcraft 2, I think his RAM is fine.

10. Benata

Benata Guest

Doesn't matter what you use, its about what it triggers.

11. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Use Memtest86+ to find out if there really is a RAM-issue.

12. Nulloid

Nulloid Guest

Lol. Illu, where do i even find the download link :(?

13. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Lol. Nulloid, why do you not even read the webpage :(?

Why do people always think they can stay lazy and let the other forumers do all the work on support forums? Why should I take my time to tell you where you "find" it and write a helpfully post if you don't even try to click on my link and read maybe the first lines? I mean...it's not that hard...
    But well...relax illu...

Here is the download-section. Download the "Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO"-file, extract it and burn it to a CD (google how-to). Then make sure your computer boots from your CD-drive first, put that CD in and restart the computer. It should start automatically. Let it do the work for some hours. If you see any errors, you're screwed. Well...your RAM is. Replace it. If you don't see any it doesn't mean there are no errors but that tool doesn't find any which actually is a quiet good result.
    Alternatively you could also download the "Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)"-file to use an USB-stick to boot from it. But not every motherboard supports this and the USB-stick needs to be formatted which may suck if you already have some important files on it.

14. Nulloid

Nulloid Guest

For some hours?

Guess i'll be playing this again when i get my new computer...

15. sado

sado Shopkeep Stealer

Are you that addicted to your computer that you can't spare few hours to see if it is healthy? Your business, I guess... you can just wait some time and check out some later version of KAG, maybe it'll be better.

16. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I would just run it during night.

17. Nulloid

Nulloid Guest

No, sad01. I just don't want to spend a few hours on something only to find out my computer sucks more ass then i already knew.