1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Terraria is dead!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by HERaLD, Feb 21, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

As some of you may know, the indie game developers Re-Logic, makers of Terraria, after reaching over 1 million sales, decided to move on to other games such as Starbound.
    I am deeply saddened by this as I invested hundreds of hours into the 2-D wonderland.
    Anyone else know what Terraria is?
    Opinions?

2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Heard the game was more gear based then skill...(and seen at a friend)
    If its like that then i hope the next game will be more skill based then gear.

3. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

TBH, once you reach hardmode almost anything can kill you swiftly should you give them the chance, regardless of gear.
    And, I on the most part participated in the wiring mechanic of the game.
    Minecraft Redstone can't make a goldfish-killing farm for cash or summon evil chests to kill your friends.

4. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Thats still not skill wiring a farm.And it IS all gear based as in run backwards and swing.

Beef likes this.
  5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

But can Terraria wiring make Space Invaders?

Agent_008 likes this.
  6. Dallas-13

Dallas-13 Shopkeep Stealer

What? From what I've read, Starbound is being made by a company called Chucklefish. Re-Logic has nothing to do with it.

7. Couple (at least one) people who made Terraria are working on Starbound.

8. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Tiy, Terrarias sprite artist, IS Chucklefish!

fishfinger73 and Agent_008 like this.
  9. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

It's not dead, who knows they may make a Terraria 2.

Anyways I haven't completed the game myself, so I will take my time on going through that content. Besides, I think Terraria was really superb for a 10 dollar title.

Really the only thing I am disappointed about is that they haven't put in proper modding support. That burns my carrot sticks.

10. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Terraria 2?
    Makes NO SENSE when Terraria is an updateable game, they could just build onto it instead of scrapping it completely then making us buy a "Terraria 2" for another 10 of 15 bucks.

11. Mister_Snazzy

Mister_Snazzy Shipwright

They aren't going to just suddenly stop updating it,

12. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

From a greedy developer's point of view, it makes sense to release a second game (or an expansion) and get more money out of it instead of just updating the original. It's a dick move, but it's done fairly often. That being said, I don't know if the developers of Terraria would do this. I've only seen a couple videos and some screenshots of the game, I haven't really looked into it much further than that.

EDIT: fixed some typos

13. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

14. Mister_Snazzy

Mister_Snazzy Shipwright

Oh, nevermind then. Oh well, starbound is going to be much better than terraria anyways.

15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi!

GrimWaltz likes this.
  16. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Actually, the closest they've come to that was the Collectors Edition, and they got a lot of rage from that, so I don't think they'd do it again, they lost quite a few players from that.

Besides a few screenshots and sprites of people, penguins, mountain goats, a forest and a tundra, we don't know much about the game at all.
    I will PROBABLY get it, but we can't say its better then Terraria yet.

17. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Terraria is just too limited by its mechanics for it to continue being fun in the long term, plus they have added the most overpowered items now that can get you just about anywhere you want.

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

because their collectors edition came out well over half a year after release and had like shit for content

19. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well...lol.I am happy i never tried that game.Not because they hit the eject button,but because it was adding more and more and more stuff in that game and people will now suicide cause there will be added nothing else in it.KAG is like cigarettes,it seems small and short lasting,but it will make you addicted and give you a lot over long time.Terraria was like cocaine,it hit you hard,but only for some time.:p

AJ likes this.
  20. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

KAG is like cigarettes in more ways than one. You can buy KAG for the same price as a pack of cigarettes (where I live, don't know about everywhere else).

HA1TER likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi