1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 3 = epic win

Discussion in 'Other games' started by tur1sta, Feb 22, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

This trailer is so epic, I just want to spam their emails to make a movie around the Mass Effect world.

For those that have played the past two games, we already know how this game is gonna blow our minds. For those that are about to play this game, be prepared to be blown away. For those that won't pick this game up, then your are missing out on a trilogy that shows the effects of your decision from the first and second game and could alternate on how you interact with the world and how it interacts with you.

EDIT:
    Apparently Devs/Publishers are taking a new habit of being unreasonable for the consumers nowadays.

2. Ryukk

Ryukk Catapult Fodder

Oh man I cant wait for the 3rd one either, my bro played the first one and always told me to play it but never did, but recently i got the second one and its so epic, haven had this much fun since KOTOR :) I havent beat it yet but will soon :B):

Wonkyth and tur1sta like this.
  3. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

I've been enjoying the multiplayer in the demo a ton. Although i wish they had in game chat options or quick commands, the voice chat hasnt been very reliable so far.

4. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I am boycotting it because of the launch dlc.

5. tur1sta

I haven't had the time to download the demo yet. Is it the same as borderlands where in no matter how you mute your mic, the game still picks ups the sound??

I wonder if the boycotting would affect them at all, coz in the end people are going to give them their business even after it is priced at $19.99 next year. They have earned their profit through the initial wave. And since this game will be available for digital download, they will still profit from it five years from now. And if the consumers feel the need to, they'll be downloading the dlc's too.... unless you plan on never picking up the game at all.

I don't understand the frustrations with Launch DLC's??? I think it's a great idea to get people to buy on the first day, and for people like me who will buy the game on the first day none the less, it is a great bonus.

6. DarkDain

No its more like no one ever uses it, and im not even sure if others can hear me most of the time, they dont seem to respond. The default mic key is Capslock and the secondary is B, which is weird too. Doing co-op on Gold difficulty probably wont ever happen without a skilled group of people who communicate, its like trying to pug for a raid.

7. tur1sta

Do they do lobbies? or you just jump into the game? Because in Left 4 Dead 2, me and the PUGed group would kick anyone who doesn't respond in a mic within 30 sec.

8. DarkDain

Just jump into a game. Rarely jump into an ACTIVE game. You just click join and wait to be put in a room with other players. IT being a demo, i dont know how many people are actually playing it, sometimes its hard to get a game going.

Anyone else who is playing, add me on origin, DarkDain

9. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Just watched the trailer, now I'm wet. I went renegade, killed the council, killed the guy in the first one (saved ashley) and killed wrex. Saved the ship at the end of 2, and everyone lived through second game. Now to murder them all in 3.

10. FlyingGroundhog

FlyingGroundhog Shopkeep Stealer

Well to be honest I don't really mind because I wasn't going to get ME3 anyways, but I think I should bring this to everyone's attention. They are doing things that I feel like are insane, and I wouldn't support their game if I was going to buy it. You can learn more about it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Oh, and also I was beaten to the punch by AJ... oh well.

Still, I like the video, so if you want to learn more, it's very nice and informative. Have a good one! ^.^

Ryukk likes this.
  11. DarkDain

Watching it already lol. Still enjoying the multiplayer !

12. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

As much as I don't much mind launch dlc(I simply never buy it), good on you! :)
    I encourage sending messages to publishers in ways like this, as while you're only one person, it can become something bigger. Launch DLC is stupid. Go email a publisher about how stupid it is, now! :P

13. tur1sta

I don't know how I have missed this since I've been following TB for almost a year now,but thanks to you I have been informed. I was under the impression that the launch DLC was the same as Zaide and the cerberus pack that you could get in ME2. I was wrong. I shall join your cause in boycotting this game. I am not happy about it, but that is really not fair from a consumers stand point on what their doing with launch dlc's. EA, you bastards.

14. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Sigh, another amazing game I have to Boycott. BF3, ME3 so far plus a bunch I've forgotten. Why don't you want my money EA? Why must you provide such a bad service that I refuse to fork over my hard earned cash that I would happily pay you for the game in full.

Boxpipe, justi01 and AJ like this.
  15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wait, you actually thought this was going to be good? From the start they were trying as hard as possible to push homosexual relationships into an ongoing series in a way that basically said "Let's use what we made to push something we want accepted instead of just making a new fucking series", surely they could have thought of this in 2, so suddenly between 2 and 3 homosexuality is discovered? What, no one was gay before that? Great time to push an agenda and destroy the series for the future. I'm not against homosexuality in gaming, it's a great idea, but the idea is quite simple, you don't push it at the end of a series you do it at the start if your motivations are political.

The DAY1, or is it DAY0 DLC is another thing, just not a fan of, at all, especially since from what I've heard it's not just some addon, no, it's integral to the story.

Yea, could never see buying that, wouldn't even pirate it. The sad part is that people will buy it, yup, they'll gobble it up whether it be to push political agenda so they buy multiple copies, or they genuinely liked the series and don't care that the consumers are being shit on so that the company can make a quick buck.

I can only hope that in 10 years kids won't be as stupid as they are now and everyone will grow up and we can have a gamer revolution and stop taking the crap that is single game playing experiences. It is a business, a business of entertainment, but that does not mean that you must nickle and dime me, because those are the businesses that I avoid most. You know that one McDonalds you might pass by that charges you $0.20 for ketchup? Do you go there again? Fuck no, head to the competitor. Would I in the same way keep going to someone selling me DAY1 DLC for $20? Hell no, go the competitor or just stop eating it altogether.

That said, enjoy the game, the gameplay will probably be okay, I at least enjoyed it in ME1, and that might be enough to keep it form being a total piece of shit, at least one hopes.
    </rant>

Cadbury and potatomcwhiskey like this.
  16. justi01

justi01 Haxor

It's gonna be pretty annoying hearing all these stories about the game while boycotting it, there's really no need for any DLC on day 1, makes it worse knowing the DLC was apart of the main game to start with and was cut from it to be sold seperately. :(

EA will have to change their attitude to ripping gamers off at some point, just hope that point is soon after ME3's release. :)

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just pirate it. If you want to play the game but won't pay the company for political motivations or what have you there's your perfect solution, then when people say "Waaaah but you don't know how BAD it was?" you can tell them and they can fuck off. Works more often than not.

They won't change their attitude as long as they have people to get money off of.

jerloch likes this.
  18. justi01

justi01 Haxor

I think the game will be alright, it's something i'm willing to pay for if i've had fun in the previous games in the serious. I'm not willing to pirate the game, probably more effort than it's worth since i know this game has been majorly hyped up by the fans of the series. It's not a bad thought though. :D

True, EA have been this way for awhile, they're more interested in being hated by the community and getting quick cash than giving a shit about gamers at the loss of some of their pay check.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. DarkDain

So.... this ?

Attached Files:

Noburu, BlueLuigi and justi01 like this.
  20. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

:D

Mods: BlueLuigi