1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombies soon!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

In the suspense waiting for this update, I was bored and made a zombie survival map on Minecraft to get rid of my boredom, I updated to the latest snapshot for path finding, so I knew what kag zombies would be like in 3d.

2. tilly

tilly Catapult Fodder

I have read that the big zombie boss is going to be able to destroy walls easily, will it do this in 1 hit or 2 or more hits?

3. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

A highly important question I must ask the testers:

Will there be more hats?

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I am in agreement with this question.

I'm really hoping for a mohawk or hockey mask.

[​IMG]
    CASEY JONES FTW.

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I THIRD IT!!!!

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hmm... How to answer this one without stepping out of line...

>.>

<.<

...mebbe...

7. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Zombie boss will not be making the release i'm sorry to say. But there is something i'd pretty much consider a boss anyway..

Eliseus and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. arcadebomber

arcadebomber Shopkeep Stealer

o.0 im thinking the zombie chicken?

Rayne likes this.
  9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

It's less about the zombies and more about the idea of the survival mode for me. i would not care if it was aliens or hordes of Sasquatch's (Oh i want that now!)

FlameHaze3 and SARGRA13 like this.
  10. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Well if they include the zombie chicken and bison they likely include normal chickens and bison, which means they may also include meat and other food.

just a thought.

Rayne likes this.
  11. arcadebomber

arcadebomber Shopkeep Stealer

could that also mean eating meat could replenish a hunger/stamina bar?

12. :
    </br>--- merged: Feb 26, 2012 2:27 PM ---</br>
    wtf. why, just why:up:

One likes this.
  13. King133x

King133x Ballista Bolt Thrower

Chickens!!!!

14. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

If people really wanted zombies, they'd go to L4D2 or something. I must say though, I am starting to think it's best KAG developers put the word place holder when they mention release dates, at least it gives them a valid excuse while others will be a ware that release dates are not final.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. Karlford_of_Acre

Karlford_of_Acre Catapult Fodder

I really want zombies and L4D2 sucked... They just made it to milk money out of gamers that really enjoyed what innovation and fun L4D1 brought to the table. It came out like 9 months after the first one; it was the same marketing scheme that Activision's been using with CoD for years.

Besides, who WOULDN'T want a medieval zombie mode? No one's even done it yet besides some random people that made a custom game in Warcraft 3 called Medieval Zombie Invasion (which was pretty awesome).

The thing with giving any release date, whether you say it's an "estimate" or a "definite" often doesn't make a difference to a large percentage of the community. People like me understood that it would be awesome if the patch came out "the week after next" like they estimated but I thought if something came up, like an obstacle in development, or they decided to add more content, that date wouldn't be fulfilled and it would be okay, since it wasn't really official anyway. People like that large percentage I was talking about are the kind that don't pay attention to words like, "tentative", "estimate", "potential", etc. and thus start crying and complain literally every day starting the day after the "deadline" wasn't met.

Whether it's an official date to be met or an estimate like they said it was, people are still going to get upset because of a false, selfish sense of entitlement that they are owed something; and because of a lack of a life to live outside of video games that would preoccupy them with tangible, productive activities.

MooCowMan, Neat, thebonesauce and 2 others like this.
  16. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Karlfords statement is true, also, people complained to the devs BEFORE the estimated deadline...(:eek:) , i feel bad for Geti/MM...
    Anyways, how is development going, testers still testing this whole time too?xD

17. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

@Karlford_of_Acre, I know it's offtopic, but i have to say it. L4D2 is so much better than first version, you got more than before, "mutations" new maps, new zombies etc, and even stuff from first version. And why they did it so fast? Gabe said that they wanted to test themselfs, if they can make game so fast (in Valve works like 200 people, in Activision more than 5000, i dont really know how much) and see if that will make fans happy (because, you know, new stuff, new game etc.)... But as you see, everybody is complaining about everything... Also you, only because they did it so fast (not because game is bad).

18. Hippo

Hippo Shark Slayer

Please continue your argument via PM, rather that this thread.
    Anyway, I don't believe I've ever witnessed "Medieval zombies" in a game before, and frankly, I'm surprised not very many people have come up with it. Of course, Left 4 Dead: Castle Defense probably wouldn't be a very good idea, but for something like KAG, with retro knights, archers, and builders, I think it'll work perfectly.

19. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Tru dat.
    I can give out warnings just as easily as I can get minced teh zmobbie hoards.

Noburu likes this.
  20. tilly

tilly Catapult Fodder

A little let down, but does not matter Zombies will still be AWSOME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.