1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux server not showing preview of game map?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by starburst, Feb 27, 2012.

1. starburst

starburst Catapult Fodder

[​IMG]

I'm not sure why but on my Linode VPS it's not showing a preview of the game. I saw someone else who was hosting his server on Linode and it previewed the game maps just fine. But on mine.. My server is like the only one where maps aren't previewed. What could be wrong here?

Pic above is what is seen on my servers map preview. There is no problems in-game--it's just the server browser viewing maps & game progress.

Thank you.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Server Browser sucks and it doesn't always work, so it's nothing to worry about. It works with some servers, but not others, depending on the number of people on the server.

starburst likes this.
  3. starburst

starburst Catapult Fodder

Wow such a fast reply.

Thanks Kouji!

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yeah, no problem

starburst likes this.
  5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yeah don't worry, there's nothing specifically wrong with linux servers - plenty of us have run kag on a linode VPS (myself included - linode rock :D) with good results.

The code for both the server browser and servers is a bit flaky, that's all. It'll improve gradually over time.

6. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep - at least on mac it doesn't load any server details for full servers