1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Other games' started by TheBlindSteve, Feb 23, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. TheBlindSteve

TheBlindSteve Shipwright

It has just occurred to me that no one has made a post on Skyward sword, the best wii game and possibly the best Legend of Zelda game. So I was wondering what your thoughts and feelings are to this game and why not put on some tips for the newbies. Also I been playing it for 4 days I've already got Naryu flame working on getting Dins so I get the master sword! I've also noted that probably few of you would ever play a wii. don't get the wrong idea motion controls are that bad but the wii's rooster hasn't been as good as it should be. I feel that Skyward sword is the wii game that twilight princess shouldn't been

-Edit-
    I did get the Master sword and some spoiler related stuff. Also I've noted that there has been 12 views but no replies, come on I've heard a couple people talk about this game.

Catguy19 and Wonkyth like this.
  2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

This is why i try not to post, its a wii game.
    A console i dont own :x .
    I hope people soon see that no one is going to buy a console for just 1 game and make games for all platforms...

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, it's kinda true. I mean, all the best games by nintendo all work on the gamecube otherwise.

Plz port! D:

4. Catguy19

Catguy19 Shopkeep Stealer

Finished it some time ago, brilliant game.
    I was pleasantly suprised at first how well the motion controls worked, I was a bit skeptical when I booted the game. Stabbing is still a bitch though. >__>
    It felt like Nintendo could've done more with a couple of elements, but despite my "meh's", I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Especially knowing that the first Zelda game got out 25 years ago. Makes me feel old...

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Okami
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Rayman Origins
    Kirby's Epic Yarn

If you do just a bit of digging, you'll see that the Wii has a respectable library.

5. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

So?
    All consoles have a 'respectable library' of exclusives but seriously you'd be retarded to expect someone buy your console just for a few game series.
    No matter how good the zelda series are I'm not going to buy a console just to play it for time and then make it gather dust in a corner.
    edit: Nope, noone i know has Wii.

6. TheBlindSteve

TheBlindSteve Shipwright

Never said to buy a console and chance is one of your relatives our friends own a wii, seeing as how it is popular somewhat with children(At least not crazy homicidal maniacs that think they're doing a good job by playing a bunch of shooting clones). So it just a lazy excuse not to spend some time with one of your relatives. Renting a game is easy and most of the time its 4 dollars for 7 days(where I'm at anyway). Also I never beat it I encountered the game breaking glitch and was to lazy to fix it I'll probally get around to fixing it someday soon.

7. Almost_Flying_Duck

Almost_Flying_Duck Builder Stabber

Xbox 360 doesn't have many exclusives. Not anymore at least. Also it would be strange for a first party company and it's divisions to make games for other platforms.

Anyways, great game, but I felt that it needed more. A busier town, night flying, and expanded Deep Woods, Lak Floria (partially redeemed in the form of the flooded forest), and the 2nd volcano area.

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Played through the whole thing, start to finish. I'm working on my second playthrough right now (no, I'm not just obsessed - you get an added challenge the second time).

This game can compete with Skyrim, albeit in a different way. Skyrim brings you a huge open world, Skyward Sword brings you a fun and insanely satisfying combat system.

Hell, if Bethesda thinks the combat system of the most recent Elder Scrolls game been overhauled, they should see Skyward Sword.

Seriously.

Mods: BlueLuigi