1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Catapult Shortcut

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by RyFridge, Feb 29, 2012.

1. RyFridge

RyFridge Builder Stabber

I hope this hasn't been said by anyone else, though i guess it has been. In that case, please nullify this thread and let me know where to talk about this :)
    I was thinking about the 'feature' that lets you teleport a short distance when accessing the catapult bowl. It could be used in many ways, like hopping through walls, trick jumps like somebody dropping the catapult with you inside and you jumping off in the right moment to get below some obstacle but then up again.
    Or to get through undestructible rocks. To form a route that can be put on and off, a route that is only accessible when your team decides to. Nice stuff.
    To show you what i practically mean, i made the screenshots below. It's not a very clever use, but it shows the basic idea. :rollseyes:

EDIT: Of course, my main goal is to show a BUG, not a tricky feature.

s1.jpg s2.jpg s3.jpg s4.jpg

2. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

This is a glitch. So this is bad... very bad my son. The only glitch that I tolerate is the ascensor tower.

3. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

It may be a glitch, but it's still a creative idea. I'd never have thought to use this.

Sadly it's a glitch but +3 for creativity.

4. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

I agree on this. +3 for creativity.

5. RyFridge

RyFridge Builder Stabber

Well i didn't say i like it, but it is there, so why not use it while its being fixed? Actually i was angry at first, because i thought it could be abused heavily, but then i thought about it a while and had some fun ideas :)

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No. No. NO.
    Ascensor is much worse and SHOULD NOT BE USED EVER.
    This is much less of a bug and actually is a problem with mechanic changes that fuck you all over the place, and it's both team so hardly a problem

inactive_account and Brandon816 like this.
  7. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

also theres a glitch like this one with outpost. and what yu can do is dig a tunnel get an outpost make yourself or someone else then bring one down there throw it up. die or if someone elses had died they will destroy the block around them. i did it bizarrly and it worked. not much for abuses however

8. RyFridge

RyFridge Builder Stabber

I think its simply a problem with the hitbox mechanics of the catapult it self. If you stand right below a 1 block thick wall like in my example, you can even throw the catapult though the wall :)

9. BlueLuigi

It's due to how things work when the area is too small a 'fix' against sharks of previous builds

10. Eh, I see some sort of usefulness, but for what it is, it isn't worth it. Catapults are too expensive, and it would be a problem to just have everyone going around. Also, can the enemy team take the catapult or use it?

11. BlueLuigi

Yes, yes they can :d

12. Sk1d

Sk1d Catapult Fodder

Its a nice wee glitch but yes marks for creativity :)

13. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Damn criminal scum! You're catapult is now forfeit! :B): Anyways i think its a neat way to get it good idea.

14. Creille

Creille Base Burner

This glitch could be useful in final stands when getting past enemy structures as a knight as long as there quite simple walls and stuff. Also do catapults get affected by spikes at all? (there's another use if you can figure it out ;)) hehe

Acavado likes this.
  15. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

This glitch works for going through 1 block thick vertical walls as well.

Hold a catapult while running towards a wall and throw it to place it as shown in the picture. Mount yourself, and you can dismount through the wall. catapult mounting glitch.png
    It appears to only work when going from the right side of the wall to the left. I tried replicating the result to go from left to right, but I couldn't get it to work.

16. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

this is pretty cool

BlueLuigi likes this.
  17. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Wow, you can go through walls? That's pretty neat! :)

18. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

That's pretty evil.

19. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

I accidentally figured out the vertical wall bug last week on Rayne's Day & Night server while I was playing as a builder on the red team. Afterwards, I immediately logged off and started testing to replicate the results.