1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Emergency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beelzebub, Mar 2, 2012.

1. knightl

knightl Base Burner

no they think suck it up lanterns will be added in the meantime suck it up stop crying and play a different way if its too damn hard for you

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Lanterns were added for night time, not for babby tunnelers.

Ej and thebonesauce like this.
  3. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Show us on the doll where the tunneler touched you, Luigi.

4. knightl

knightl Base Burner

no need to get offensive about it and make fun of serious things

5. Beelzebub

Tunneling is a major aspect of the game and I keep getting dismissed as a noob by people that can't put one block on top of another for saying we should have a way to bring light down there other than build workshops every 20 feet. And Luigi certainly deserves any criticism he gets for using things like the word "babby." This isn't 4chan.

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Look lanterns are planned to be put in but you wrote your post as if the game was unplayable without them. You can still tunnel without them, build quarters, open up the tunnel or just dig through the dark. It's not absolutely critical it just would be nice.

Overlord and Nixito like this.
  7. Beelzebub

"It's a feature, not a problem!" :bird:

Stevedog, UnnamedPlayer and YEAH_NAH like this.
  8. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

I'm finding fighting in dark tunnels, only lit up by the occasional bomb to be a blast. Not saying that it should stay that way, but not knowing where your enemy is until he's in front of you is exciting as hell. I'm sure lanterns will be added in due time, but until then I am going to enjoy the dark and scary underground.

9. JohnTS

JohnTS Builder Stabber

I too am liking the darkness underground. However I still feel we need a lantern item or something asap just to make it easier to find gold, etc.

10. Beelzebub

I just got into the server that has all the new shops on it (it's been full pretty much all day). It's a lot better when you can see what you're doing, and it's a lot of fun.

11. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Epic on jaedizzles house 7 just then blue were tunneling and me and one knight dug in the middle of the map and killed them all beside 2 then they ran to where the other of our team were waiting it was a epic surprise

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Here's a concept: You made the thread, you cried to mommy, now wait.

Spoolooni and thebonesauce like this.
  13. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

Looks like this issue is going to be very polarizing. I right now am not liking the lIghting system in place because it is obvious that it is very incomplete and lots more will be added to it. It just does not feel right compared to the last build with no lighting. I can't put my finger on it yet but I will figure it out the more I play.
    What is for sure is that the tunnel game has drastically changed depending on who you ask, for the better or worse?

And to those who dismiss tunnels - grow up. Tunnels are a critical part of the game and the anti tunnel attitude makes me wonder if the anti tunnel people hate them because they keep getting owned by expert tunnelers. :)

14. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

You could have holes that let light through.
    There problem solved.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Luigi beat me when he said that lanterns were implemented to allow vision at night, not to make tunneling easier.

This is how you know you're playing with noobs, and why the Wang dungeon system might actually work in tunneling's favor;

A single knight and I (as a builder) dug through the end of our Wang dungeon and into the enemy's. Felt our way through the darkness until we got behind the enemy flag, dug up, broke through their doors and grabbed the flag. Of course, we got lost trying to get out, but the knight held his own and since he couldn't be seen (save for little clouds of dust when climbing between levels) he managed to run back and cap the flag.

Wang dungeons should be the ONLY time tunneling should be used. Or if you need to break through a hill. Or if you need to dig under a big tower. Otherwise, what's the point in digging a long express lane to your flag? You can actually use the multiple levels of the dungeon strategically to confuse your enemy and get through relatively safe, as long as you keep an eye on the minimap. I can see a lot of uses for the dungeons, but it's not so much a TUNNEL as underground ruins.

16. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Ahh shucks lets all play multiplayer zombie survival once it comes out.

thebonesauce likes this.
  17. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

I dont know something? As far as I saw you can buy lanterns...

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

In Singleplayer.

19. LINUS

LINUS Shopkeep Stealer

I have only one thing to say:
    A big update was just released, so be patient for the next features.

20. NigerV2

NigerV2 Shopkeep Stealer

I hate when in my castle i cant see anything
    I hate when i cant see other team tunneling us and we loose the game
    We need lanters