1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Meant to be for multiplayer if you activate them on your server.

2. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Any ideas how to destroy Evil Portal? Tried boulders, explosive kegs, bombs, catapult - nothing worked. :c

3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Well you can't really destroy it, I tried to test it, I opened the keg.cfg file changed the tile destruction to 50, detonated it, it didn't touch the portal, I also used the second keg, still nothing.

4. x10 times
    Or spam arrows.

5. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

You can destroy it.

6. Worm

Hey, thanks for idea. I will try making KEG-NUKE ;)

7. BlooKazoo

BlooKazoo Builder Stabber

A fair interim update, fine job indeed. I have to say, out of the many many many (and I mean many! X3!) This has to be the closest the the fantasy Zombie [MMO (will be in the full multiplayer update)] that I have ever seen, played, or heard of.

The sole aspect of building and having to run out, managing time, while gathering resources gives it that survival/"true" zombie mode feel most, if not all, (FPS) zombie games are devoid of. There are characteristics of many genres in this mode, you got your adventure, your shooter, your rts (with intelligence and planning needed to manage recruits and their roles), and some that I'm forgetting or haven't recognized.

By far (one of) the best Zombie feature I have played in a game, that is in my eyes, a true zombie game. Simply marvelous. My best is Day 12. Jolly Good Show!!!

:huh?:<--My face when I found out the Possum zombies play...well...possum... <.<

Well, back to Zombies!!! Bye bye life! I'll miss you! :QQ:

Anyone think putting 2 archer AI's up here would work?; or rather be an efficient and good idea?... (needs quarters and/or archer range in case they're the last ones. Also micro-ing involved to resupply their ammo.
    L-Cork; Ummm, bit of an exploit, but suggestion for beginners, I don't think even the Flying Banshees have trumped it. Although I stopped doing this after a few rounds...

P.S. Anyone feel like Robert Neville (Will Smith in I Am Legend) when taking on the Skinnies (the fast ones), they certainly look like them?.... (Grob forbid I look up the names >.>)
    P.P.S. I would have posted any bugs or suggestions, but being that this update isn't complete, and I'm too busy slapping zombie tush to find the thread, so I'll hold some judgement.
    P.P.P.S. I do agree with Kraiten, as a good, not great, builder, the implementation of the lighting and darkness makes tunnels, albeit debatably controversial, a lot MORE viable. Since as I see them, are meant for sneak missions, and since the Doc Ness adds a lot more "sneak", its un-debatable.
    P.P.P.P.S. Will there be a zombie exclusive section added to the forums? For anything and everything Zombie?

8. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

AWESOME :D

9. Hal

Hal Shopkeep Stealer

I just had a pretty fun adventure down into the depths of the map. I had a system where I would go up to the trees from underneath for safe wood harvesting, then go back to my hub and expand downwards. A barrel popped out of a chest and I didn't know what the hell it was until I hit it and it exploded, thus ending my short-lived zombie killing career.

[​IMG]

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]

Let's talk through this situation:
    After about 7 days, I was obliterated in a single fell swoop. I think I outlasted the day counter, because I definitely survived multiple nights.
    Anyways, I had a nice building, with all the basic but vital workshops. I was planning on sealing the small pit that I had to the left of my base, as it had an open bottom. I went as a builder to go and seal it, leaving my two buddies upstairs. The sealing went fine, until a goddamn portal spawned through the lower half of my building. No more arrows or bombs for me.
    The builder got stuck and died, quickly followed by my knight, leaving only me, Hella, cowering as an archer in the upper floor of my home. I had two knight zombies trying to break through, but I managed to kill one, and then I took out the portal with arrow fire, although the lower knight zombie seemed to enjoy helping me to destroy it.
    As soon as I destroyed the portal, I shouted jubilantly to the Bro clan, whom I was in a Skype call with. Then a wraith spawned, and promptly blew me to hell. And at least partially back again.

The portal was where my cursor is.

11. Bly

Bly Ballista Bolt Thrower

I went looking around and saw a under ground base looking thing and got to it and all of a sudden zombies *crap run wait cant get up dang* while my faithful ai was fighting zombies and then he died and me died to (that was the first night), so yeah that's my part and I got home to night and whent on kag and found it and I all most wet me pants (never mind I said that) (that dissent happen ok just to let you know), thanks MM and geti you guys rock.

12. Worm

Wandering in evil ruins of castle... Im as builder with myself as knight(Yes, i use Worm as bot), and 6 zombie knights are following us.
    Bunkered and waiting for help wich never will come. :c

EDIT: Knight zombies just obilerated my bunker. Died on day 6.

13. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I don't mean to de-rail the thread, but try:
    http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
    It's worth a look, particularly with a massive new update coming out soon.

Anyway, cheers to Geti and MM for the hard work. Hopefully I'll soon get the chance to purchase premium membership, after all this time.

14. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I like that game a lot but the 3D concept can be quite old. Nonetheless, I'll try it til zombie multi player comes out.

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Oh nom nom had a chance to play it little longer.

I had this castle for 7 days, but then I got bored to pwning the zombies as no big monsters appeared, and I had a constant wave of immigrants. So I went to seek out the dungeon, and found the zombie portal. I got killed to the constant wave of zombies, as I had no bombs or kegs with me. The other day I went in with knight and an archer following me, and used the knight to jab the zombies to the pit where they dropped every time they spawned. Managed to destroy the portal, and switched back to my knight. The retarded archer then decided it's a good idea to jump to the zombie pit xD.

I wanted to run to a chest, but there was rubble I didn't notice, so I fell to the lower tunnel, zombies climbed up and finished me. Epic match.

Save option would have really helped though.

16. AHrEJl

AHrEJl Shopkeep Stealer

17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I really wish I had more time to play this release, but it's okay, because I don't want to wear out my excitement for it before Multiplayer Zombies comes around. THAT will be something to get excited about.

18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

No offense duder, but we do have an "other games" section of the forums. Keep that type of stuff out of here.

Worm and BlueLuigi like this.
  19. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

screen-12-03-03-19-15-29.png
    The left ladder was for an immigrant...
    For those with ghast wraith troubles try shooting them with an archer. Only takes one shot!

20. checkmate

checkmate Shopkeep Stealer

shh.JPG

On second side is same pit. Trap bridge for migrants and fortress against flying kaboom shits . In pit at night are many zombies sometimes with Z-knight....This method is for me best because i can throw keg to zombies from bridge :)