1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So I started playing again....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by antymattar, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antymattar

antymattar Shipwright

And this is what I see:

Everything is nerfed. I agree, its still as unreasonable to fight as when it was back in the early alphas but not in a good way.

I remember myself back some releases ago, laughing my ass off every time I died jumping down into a pit full of enemies screaming "allah akbar" and blowing up. Or every time I accidentally fell from the top of the game and screetched and died. The enemy builder was the least of your worries and the knights could actually dig something other that dirt. That as so funn back then. Now... What did you do to the game?

I'm sorry, but the game has began to suck. And I'm serious. Sure all the newcomers say its fine but its not. It used to be good right around that point where you added block physics. Why do you keep breaking the game more and more? There's suddenly a kill counter, as if it was fun to spend a half of the game watching others play but not you. This isn't counterstrike. There's also some sort of half ass lag fix. Yeah right, the thing hardly ever works. I have 66 ping and I will friggin hit the guy with the 33 ping 10 times. DIRECT HITS and he still lives! But when he hits me its only 2 hits and BAM I'm dead.

Then there's also some sort of nerf on gold as I understand. Come on, the games name is King Arthurs GOLD. You could at least make some buildings cost the resource and not the weird new coins.

Speaking of coins, knights now have to buy bombs. Thats nice but why cant they start out with their bombs? I guess its to stop from wrecking everything. But that was the fun about the fights back then - Everything was blowing up! The world was literally decreasing in its height from the bombing. Battle zones could become visible just if 5 knights decided to have a fist fight there. Now the game seems to lack a lot of that awesomeness I once saw in it.

I also remember that archers used to be able to right click on dirt tiles and try to dig them out. What happened to that? now they are utterly weak against a knight or even a builder.

Yeah, just wanted to put that out there.

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

-I'm not a newcomers like you say and i think the game is really fine.
    -The bomb at the start is not relliated with the game, the admin of the server decide if you start with a bomb or not.
    -For the archer, it's not a digger, it's a archer, so you don't need to dig with them.
    -The bombjump is just a thing too much cheated i think.

3. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

It'd be nice if they released a b43 copy. That was perfect.

4. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

1)Be happy you get to play a game thats in 'Alpha' stage.
    2)They gave coins because you only seem to be forgetting that getting bombs on spawn is good, they griefed more shit then i can remember with that.
    3)Lagg depends on what server and who you play against.
    4)Kill counter is to prevent games taking 3 hours like back in the old days.
    5)They can start with bombs, but most server owners know better then that.
    6)Bomb jumping is nerved. along with the bomb.
    You even said it yourself, its in Alpha stage.
    They could change anything anytime.

5. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

I greed with sami, this last patch balanced Class.. for me is perfetc only problem are issues connection

6. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Games ended extremely fast because there was no such thing as a knight-proof structure; build a tower or castle and the first wave to hit your walls would just tunnel through effortlessly. That is bad. I'm sure this might sound horrifying, but there has actually been talk of trying out knights not even being able to mess with dirt.
    The ticket system isn't perfect-quite the opposite--, but it's much, much better than stalemated games that can literally last 12-24 hours. Turtling is frowned upon and usually dealt with by server staff or resident guards; if you're too impatient even for that, though, perhaps you should look into single-player Deathmatch.
    Existing issue that we all know and hate; the new build greatly alleviates all the teleporting and lack of hits registering, though, or at least in my experience.

Don't knock it before you try it. Standard game-generated maps either provide very, very scarce gold-creating low-tech frustration in a medieval game-- or heavily in favor of one side-luck of the draw, allowing you to completely dominate the other team--. Coins alleviate this, fix the endless streams of suicide bombers, and generally add another fun "lots of little rewards often" gameplay mechanic. You're kind of nitpicking with the shout-out to the title; dudes are free to do whatever they'd like with the content of their creative property, title be damned.
    Not only can bomb price and bomb count on spawn be configured server-side, but most server owners haven't because a- they're too lazy and b- streams of suicide bombers/bomb jumpers are incredibly frustrating to both teams, even if they add another level of gameplay. Open your own server if that's the way you'd like to play.
    Still exists, still in-game, still happens. Also, archers in the last build were overpowered turtling masters, and in fact more powerful than any other class in the game-even weighing the bygone brokenness of knight combat--. Now the outermost zoom level has been removed and rapid-fire is no longer possible in any efficient way; maybe they'll actually be fun to play again?? A mystery.

I think you are jumping to conclusions without really considering the benefits and ramifications of these changes; I cannot blame you for hating change-it is a part of all of us as humans--, but I can blame you for not being rational about it, and failing to explore what they have to offer before getting publicly cross. This game is in alpha, and will be for the foreseeable future; why you're surprised that things have changed radically is anyone's guess. At any rate, you are not expected nor entitled to like the game at any given time; just encouraged.

7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

The game is in Alpha stage, it's still normal if it's not the perfection.

8. mangus

mangus Builder Stabber

I for one love every bit of this recent release. The day/night cycles. Dark tunnels. Kegs. New workshops. Zombies. I totally disagree with you. This game is getting better with each update.

9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm really glad that you took the opportunity to speak on everyone's behalf, even though I really don't see what you mean...

Clearly the changes have raised the difficulty curve and you don't like that? Isn't that kind of the point, that a game is supposed to be challenging? God forbid a knight can't somehow cut through stone with his sword. Knights weak to builders? You for real? Hahahaha.

This kid has to be trolling here.

Yes! Let's start knights off with bombs immediately so they don't have to mine for resources and/or contribute to the team! Give them bombs so in smaller games they can bomb jump over the enemy wall and cap the flag IMMEDIATELY!

Chinizz and mangus like this.
  10. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

All time when i tried enter in MOLe gold server, i crashed :( i dont know why, if anybody know how fix it... just say

"FIXED" if somebody have same problem just log in solo zombie mode, quit and back to gold servers... Mole and jaedong server are the best.. Rayne are noob he banned for his server for using hack lol funny kid

11. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

This game is great, and it's free. I don't see any reasons for complaining :D

12. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Because giving feedback- like say requesting a "Nintendo Difficulty"- is good for the devs.

Complaining also points out flaws the devs might have overlooked, like how trying to pick up a dead zombie crashes the game if it comes back to life. The Hell Portal spawning above ground could also count as something to complain about, but it's good for the hardcore players if they want those exploding assholes flying into them 24/7.

Certain zombies could die in the sunlight too that would be nice.

13. antymattar

antymattar Shipwright

thanks for the replies guys(and some hates too I guess?). I c now. Perhaps its not so bad. Sorry I couldn't reply, I was asleep.

Also, One thing to ad, they stopped caring at all about the free release. That's probably okay but still...

14. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I played since the week of release, I still love this game.

15. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

The game is great, and there is always a solution to things you don't like :
    If you don't like it, stop talking about it/don't play it.
    Bomb jumping is the only thing that can quickly get you over the "Perfect Tower".
    It's cheating in a sense as you just fly to the enemy, and you can fly back. Only costing 40-60 gold.

16. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

The game was a lot more fun in multiplayer before this last release to me.

17. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

How so?
    The only feature that applies to multiplayer that is not gold is the lightning, and you just said that you liked the lighting.
    If you don't like the kegs/workshops/othershit don't play on gold servers that have them.

18. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You do realize that the game maker already stated that the free release was just going to be basic ctf, deathmatch, and creative right? Here, there's an ad both in game and on the buy page of the website (http://kag2d.com/premium). Click on that link and scroll down until you see the ad that tells you what all will be in the free version. That's been there for a long while now.

19. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

Back in the earlier days of KAG where the knight could demolish anything but granite we where forced to build towers very thick towers.
    Infact all towers that had no thickness of 10 solid blocks would have been easily penetrated by some busy knights.
    Although that was a problem I would like to have a class variable that lets me allow knights to demolish stone blocks again.

Everything else is still very possible in the current build of the game.
    Those features you are complaining about have been created to solve problems.

20. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

The main reason it is not as good as the last release is the fact that they took out the full zoom out mode. This is a huge deal and many people are quite upset at this and also find the game less fun now.
    At least give server owners the ability to allow full zoom out or not, and we will then see which is more popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.