1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ZOMBIE FORTRESS SINGLE-PLAYER RELEASED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

I was doing pretty well until a zombie tomb spawned right in the middle of my underground base, destroying all of my workshops in the process X3
    [​IMG]

You can see me abandoning my archer tunnel to try and slash the damn thing. I knew it was all over after that random event happened though.

BlooKazoo and Foxodi like this.
  2. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I'm aware of that. I simply made a spur-of-the-moment suggestion to someone who seemed interested in zombie games while commenting on the new build, which was most convenient for me. I don't feel the need to create a new thread for that. Anywho, let's not de-rail the thread with another petty row. Back to zombies!

3. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

What the hell are these demon-like ritual things? Can someone just explain me? What happen when i destroy it? destroyed one and nothing happened.

4. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

It stops a shit tonne of zombies shitting up the map and shitting on your castle.
    and shit
    But in all shitting seriousness they will shit yo shit up!

Acavado likes this.
  5. luckyfrost

Oh. holy shit that's buckets of shit! so, shit! and i'm waiting for the multiplayer mode then i'll talk with all my friends and make money rain for you, MM.

6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Found way faster way to destroy portals. They need to be close to surface. Simply drop shitloads of blocks onto it.

7. luckyfrost

for me it's just 2 powder kegs.
    i'm just idiot?

8. Khombhat

Khombhat Shopkeep Stealer

So, I thought I had been bugged in the same manner, but then I tried erasing the saved password field and re-entering my password before logging in. Once I did that, I was recognized properly and have been enjoying the new mode quite a lot, though I find it very difficult to get migrants to actually make it INTO my fort as they are not very adept at negotiating trap-bridges to reach the door higher up. I would put the doors at the bottom level, but the zombies waste no time in breaking them down and they cost too much wood to waste like that.
    Anyway, I hope my advice helps you.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 3, 2012 9:25 PM ---</br>
    Yeah, I do not like this change, in particular. It really changes a large chunk of the game dynamic and not for the better, in my opinion. Trap-bridges are expensive enough as it is without them needing to be placed as often as ladders. Please change this, I don't like it and I don't want to get used to it if I don't have to. :-S

Naime and hexalslug like this.
  9. Chrispin

Two zombie tombs spawned right inside of each other or something. A load of zombies were coming out of that needless to say. It might be considered a bug.

[​IMG]

BlooKazoo likes this.
  10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Advice: Wait until daylight (when the coast is clear) to transport migrants.

Also! Don't try to carry migrant corpses! They'll turn into zombies and crash the game!

FURTHER ADVICE! I wanted to have a laugh and show my older sister why Zombie Fortress rules, so I grabbed a powder keg to take out a shitload of zombies in a pit, and an archer hit the keg as I carried it down. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Some screens of my last game, worked pretty well. Survived 12 days.

[​IMG]
    Pretty standard fare, very efficient. Those hanging blocks helped to take out a Z-knight that invaded from the east.

[​IMG]
    Further east. Two knights guarding the incoming horde since they seem to spawn mostly from the east. Tunnel leading to the underground to the right.

Chrispin likes this.
  11. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

I'm completely psyched for multiplayer, any word on the estimated arrival for it?

12. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You think you have it bad?
    [​IMG]

13. Chrispin

I wonder if there's just a "rare" chance zombie portals spawn another zombie portal above it. The cavity gets so big because of the wraiths which leaves plenty of room.

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

At least yours wasn't discovered directly under your building. -.-
    [​IMG]

15. thebonesauce

Someone had said they were looking for the old premium poster that had the picture of the strange flying zombie thing...

Here ya go!

[​IMG]

16. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

That honestly looks outrageous, I respect wraiths more now.

17. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

There usually seems to spawn 3-5 portals. Does anyone know if destroying them all makes you win the game?

18. thebonesauce

There's no way to "win" right now, the object is just to survive as long as possible.

19. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

We need waves of some sought.

20. thebonesauce

I would like a wave system as well as a days survived system.