1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[281] Corner spikes

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Acavado, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Mathewson

Mathewson Shopkeep Stealer

smartest option in the game is to give up a line of defense and make a tactical retreat, if you cant hold it until the next reinforcements are spawning. good thinkin killa =)
    for a spamtrap this will mostly work perfect

2. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

It's safe to go up or down, with the trapdoors indented. Kills enemies who try to go up or down, with the trapdoors indented. For lulz, I'll put one of these in front of the base, and run a tunnel from the bottom into a low bunker in front of our wall. Then I'll sit in the fort and shoot people in the butt as they attack the ACTUAL wall, and any enemies who try to take the path to the bunker gets speared.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Ran into this the other day, it kept dealing 2 hearts of damage whenever I tried to wallslide down.
    I think this counts more as an air spike, but whatever.
    !!!!Airspike.jpg
    Now I think we could use this for a cheap trap, so..
    !!!!Airspike2.jpg
    If we have it like this, there's no way the enemy can wallslide, and it's cheap.

SARGRA13, Chinizz, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That's kinda brutal. Based off of a bug, so it'll disappear at some point but, in the meantime, I'm gonna go kill me some noobs... >:}

Noburu likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Yeah, funny thing is, a derp builder helped me find it, he built a skybridge with spikes on the bottom(wat), after we took it down only one bridge, and one spike, was left.
    There was a platform below this, so trying to wallslide down to it kept getting me killed, the 2 hearts of damage may have been my momentum at the time.

6. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Cool: wallsliding is equivalent to hitting the ground as far as spikes are concerned.

Contrary, BlueLuigi, Valkyrie and 2 others like this.
  7. And what about this:
    [​IMG]
    When an enemy knight sitting on the bottom wants to break the door to climb he is "spiked" when jumping.

And when he broke it and wants to come back down he should get "spiked" from corner spikes:
    [​IMG]

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hmm - wouldn't your own team get spiked trying to go up though?

9. No, then the door opens and the spikes reorients to the situation showed in the picture number 2.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  10. dudekazoo

dudekazoo Catapult Fodder

While I may not understand the finer points of building I am definitely going to start cramming these into hotly contested areas.:)

11. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

Corner Spike 2 is MUCH more reliable and team-safe than the original.

Noburu likes this.
  12. Aerosol77

Aerosol77 Catapult Fodder

wow, maybe I'll actually get a few kills this time instead of them just jumping over my spike pits... :P

13. You won't. With the zombie patch bug which allowed you to make those traps is removed.

14. Aerosol77

Aerosol77 Catapult Fodder

oh..... :(

15. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Looks fantastic. Cheap and very effective. If I'm right, it uses a stack of stone and some wood?

16. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

You mean, we can't corner spike even in normal ctf mode? or is it just for zombie fortress?

17. Even in normal

18. studios

studios Shipwright

Soo... what's the best spike traps now? I'm completely lost after this update.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

The one they fall into. ;)

(Seriously though, there are a number of spike configurations that work well, just tinker with them on an empty server, jump into them a few times, and see what you feel works.)

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It seems that corner spikes, the original ones still work okay, but the elevator glitch isn't there anymore to "force squeeze" people onto them. So a combination of corner spikes and BC pit is probably the best you can do for this build. Also Acavado's are in again. (ceiling spikes work again)! :)