1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie update: Constructive Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadlington, Mar 3, 2012.

1. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

I know this one has been mentioned before, but in Zombie Fortress, maybe only Skeletons should spawn on night one, and then leave in the morning, mainly because I've gotten trapped in a small stone room, unable to get out because of the Zombies and Skeles clumping on it, and having to restart the game. Also, something akin to acorns needs to be added, because on Zombie Maps, the trees spawn on the outer edges, which makes it hard to foritify effectivley without spawn blocking.

2. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

I dont know why zombies get a fire and explode..

3. FlamingWaffle

FlamingWaffle Builder Stabber

Read the rest of my post.

Back when they first added the camera lock I immediately turned it on, and loved it. Panning the screen is such an annoying task to me. Now that I have to pan the screen to see anything more than a few blocks in front of me the fixed camera is practically pointless because it hinders panning the screen.

After my initial post, I hopped in game and turned fixed camera off. It was easier looking ahead, but only by a smidgen.
    I prefer to zoom out and immediately zoom back in to see something far off and then focus back in. With panning the screen it takes a bit of time to see stuff, while also disorienting slightly. Which I guess the disorientation goes away after a while.

In my mind it's like playing a first person shooter with a mouse instead of a gamepad. It's much more precise, easier to control, and quicker than using thumbsticks. In the case of kag, zooming out and back in is like using the mouse where panning the screen is like using a gamepad. Does that analogy make sense?

4. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Just as long as the archers restock themselves im happy, ill heal them myself I don't care but its annoying to keep giving them ammo over and over.

ComboBreaker, Titmau5 and Inexorable like this.
  5. L-III-III-7

L-III-III-7 Shopkeep Stealer

wraiths and hell gates in my opinion are op...

6. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

First of all I'd like to say, nice job guys.
    But...
    Here's some constructive feed-back:

NERF THOSE F*CKING WRAITHS.

Seriously they are way OP, are they packing tactical nukes or something because that explosion is way too big, how can anyone possible maintain a 3 block thick castle wall in all places.

And before anyone replues with "use archers" their path finding has an IQ below 70 and they move very fast, so even if you join in with your 3 archers you cant always hit them, and sometimes you cant hit them regardless because they fly straight down and blow out the bottom of your wall, letting the hordes in.

I wouldn't care if they didn't have such a massive explosions, say only the strength of a bomb.

95% the reason why I die is wraiths.

And

Please for the love of god do something about the depth at which zombie spawners are generated. Seriously, I mean You get them above ground.

One time I spawned in to find 3 spawners above ground, no jokes, and 2 were touching...

This is annoying because about 70% I have to restart the game because a zombie spawner get activated Immediately and then waves of OP wraith blow out a tunnel and kill me before the first night...

But nice job guys I really like the ZKs and walkers AI, they make the game for me.

7. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

Please consider bringing back full zoom out.

8. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Honestly, I'd strongly suggest forgetting the random map generator concept and go with the classic old fashion map cycle. In other words, make the maps and put a default set of pngs into the map cycle of every client.

Also, this would help map makers create content for the zombie mode.

9. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Zombie spawners and wraiths are awful together. I mean, if you build your base anywhere near one, then its only a matter of time till it uses wraiths to tunnel into your base. Their sounds are also are way too obnoxious when they are spawn so often.

Inexorable likes this.
  10. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Just make it so wriaths catch on fire when they're in the sunlight. You know, minus the exploding thing.

ComboBreaker and Inexorable like this.
  11. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Sweet, now I can be shot from miles away.

12. ChronoWaster

ChronoWaster Shopkeep Stealer

Can you fix the Green migrants AI, They never try to jump up or down my trap doors and I have to either make a separate ladder for them or break all my trap doors to get them to my quarters.
    Edit: also is It possible to make it so alters don't spawn under certain light conditions or lower underground, because I have had a base where I broke an alter next to it, then later another popped up (this time in my base breaking its walls) so I destroyed that to. Then I kid you not 1 minute later another spawned and killed me.

13. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is more of a bug problem than a general mechanics problem, but putting backwall up behind trap bridges now subtracts 20 wood from your inventory in addition to 2 stone.

Foxodi likes this.
  14. Verdant

Verdant Shopkeep Stealer

Arrows should not explode kegs being held by friendly units.

its actually much easier to blow up a friendly keg by mistake then one held by the enemy because there is no "Enemy" to hit, so it goes right to the keg.

And to this
    I say, you can still get shot from just as far away.
    the difference is now, without the ability to zoom out, you will never see it coming.

cykalu, BlueLuigi and Beelzebub like this.
  15. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I would like the option to just place lanterns, kegs, ect. and not just throw them. It is annoying when I am making a decoy tower and I toss the lantern a bit to far. Also, kegs usually show up fine but sometimes I don't see the lantern sprite when I am carrying it. Also, just an idea, it would be good to make the option to shed your armor/bow and go back to the builder class at any time, if I fall or am pushed off my battlements and the zombies ate the ladder back up then I have to rambo it until I die with no way to make it back to my (extremely good at keeping things out, including me.) base

BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

In my opinion, the jumping system after last release reduces a bit the pace of the game. What is more, going upwards a tower with stone-door-stone-door... was smooth before, now can you get stacked with easier than before.
    Great small changes as being able to put backwall where a trap bridge is built.
    I also would like to see how the characters hold the lanterns, as if they were housekeepers.

I´ve noticed, although its something personal, that I'm worse since this build was released. Does it happen to you?

17. reemr

reemr Shipwright

Pretty sure this is a bug.

You can buy several lanterns in the shop (the minerals get withdrawn) yet you only have one in your inventory.

Inexorable likes this.
  18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Bring back ducking to place at feet, agreed

19. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

You use the full zoom out to AVOID the arrow. Is it not that hard.

20. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

When you build wall behind team bridge, you lost 20 of wood, but when you have 0 wood, you can still build that wall... Bug, annoying.

Also, this isn't entirely about zombies, but we need "favorite" option for servers, there are more and more good (modded) servers, I want have them in one place :)