1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ten Do’s and Don’ts of KAG

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by killatron46, Feb 20, 2012.

1. fidos5

fidos5 Catapult Fodder

Do.
    -If you're horrible at all classes, simply go builder, follow behind your knights to the enemy outpost and help them get around the tower, you start with 10 wood which is enough to get a ladder started.

-Try to build towers with overhangs so if knights get to your tower, archers can shoot down onto them which can distract them so your knights can get them. Also, overhanging towers can kill some enemy units if a builder tries to gravity-destroy it.

-Make walls on your overhangs to stop bomb-knights and put spikes there.

-While jumping off a tower while archer, aim for the trees.

Don't.

-Try to gravity-destroy a tower with an overhang, that can kill you and any knights protecting you, use a ladder.

-Put your towers in front of your pit-traps, because if it falls, the pit-trap might get destroyed with the falling blocks.

-While knight, jump off a tower without para-shielding.

-Stay in a tower while it's falling, try to get out through the top or side, not the bottom, you might live.

PainGiver likes this.
  2. SpaceWhale

SpaceWhale Shipwright

Don't build ground level doors... just dont... for the sake of humanity... the one exception, during building phase build 1 door (if your building a tower) at the bottom so that teammates can run to and from the tent easily, this also makes it easier to build the tower because people arn't always running over it, after the build phase block it with stone.
    Don't build towers that you cannot get back into
    Don't stand in doorways, leave doors closed as much as possible
    Don't always build in the base. During initial phase build the base, when resources run out go gather and become forward building, lots of $$$ drops after start.
    Don't ignore your teammates cries for help, ladders etc. :ladder:!!!:ladder:!!!:ladder:!!!....then dead, only you can prevent this!:)

Do build a floor 1 high off ground during initial build phase. DONT DIG the ground out, just build on top. 1-2 layers very quickly = floor:)
    Do group in squads. 2 knights, 1 archer is quite good, if assaulting bring a builder.:r_flex:
    Do bring back supplies from the battlefield for builders:gold::h_rock::tree:
    Do wait till the enemy is under something to collapse it... believe me some people don't
    Do block doors enemy doors with stone if you can get over the top of the structure
    Do, if retreating, destroy shops and strategically collapse (ready for collapse) buildings
    Do build shops close to the front. Tip: during start build run forward and build shops behind front wall
    Do REINFORCE ALL WALLS WITH BACKWALL:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    Do help your fellow knights up tall structures:thumbs_up:

DO HAVE FUN!!!

I could go on but i grow weary... maybe later.
    Good-day fellow knights!

PainGiver and Froghead48 like this.
  3. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Nice tips, love to see more.

4. SpaceWhale

SpaceWhale Shipwright

Do HOLD GROUND. Instead of constantly advancing at the enemy, stop at a strategic location (ie, Hilltop, enemy structures) and let your builders fortify the area, advance when its secure.
    Do fortify strategic locations:castle: . Follow from the last point. Build walls and a protected overhang, if you have the time build a small spike pit in front.
    Do lead enemy players around. Leading them to cliffs that you can hit them off (smile as you watch them fall:) ), leading them down slopes to give you better ground. You can also run out as a lone player and draw the enemy back to your walls where they can be picked off by your archers and knights quickly. ( Baiting:thumbs_up: )
    Do take advantage of the terrain. Generally, being higher is better but the low ground can be used to your advantage as well.
    Do use bombs to take down structures. See that poorly secured skybridge there, jump/ladder/bombjump your ass over there and lay a bomb on the walkway and watch it fall.
    Do play as an assault builder :r_flex::):hammer:. Get some knights to protect you and head in with a stack of wood (30) and some stone (20), use the stone to block enemy doors and the wood to ladder over things (you will quickly gather materials if your knights do a good job).
    Do jump on people as builder. Its extremely satisfying to land on a knights head and watch him recoil in pain and shock :eek::(:QQ:.
    Do try different strategies. Try a rush with your whole team at the start of the game or use baiting etc.

Don't be static. If you find yourself in a situation where you are not useful, don't stop and stand there:huh?: , get to work:rollseyes: . You can change class very quickly and build:hammer: (fixing worn down towers, bridging over gaps etc) and collect supplies:gold::h_rock::tree: for your builders. Do whatever needs doing.:)
    Don't give your position away. With the implementation of night you can hide in dark spots during the day (cave entrances, tunnels) at night your silhouette can give you away so move under a low branch or hug "L" bends where your silhouette blends with the background.
    Don't ignore teamchat. Use it for orders and ...teamchat. Anything else, say over the regular chat.
    Don't forget about tunnels. With the new update, tunnels are becoming an extremely effective form of battle. Use them to hide and surprise the enemy, dig under their walls, store materials (a small hole with a door to stash materials for your builders), to trap the enemy (tunnel spike pits and numerous small traps are now deadly) etc.

PainGiver likes this.
  5. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Don't speak, use emoticons, or make too much noise when tunneling. Or you will be discovered.

AdrianC and inactive_account like this.
  6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

How come noone mentioned "do not sky bridge"?

7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I agree that building a skybridge from the back of your tent, all the way across the top of the map is a huge no no, but to say "never build sky bridges" is quite silly, as sky bridges are a very viable tactic. This discussion is for another thread though, if you wish to continue please PM me.

Thanks guys for your input! I may go through and make a list of the high-points people have added at the bottom of the main post.

Contrary likes this.
  8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Don't build huge Wall-Door towers (you know, the ones with the doors embedded in the wall to create a climbing wall). They are annoying as hell, easy to blow up, hard to defend, and will probably kill all your teammates once collapsed.
    f you insist on making one, please put a cap over the top and ladders on your team base side so people don't >>>>die<<<< if they do fall off.

9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

dont make pointless tall 1 block wide towers

10. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

DO play like Strathos.

Sarathos and inactive_account like this.
  11. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

As long as you have some common sense, building structures should be easy. Making it easier for the team you are on is always the goal. Make sure you have all the right items on you're side of the line for the team. Large,crazy towers aren't always the best solution to simple problems.

12. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

First, Sig'd. (yay, only one day on the forums and already got me a sig :D) now seriously about this thread, these are some awesome tips, i figured most of them out myself, but still thanks! Everything can help to get me on my way of beining a much better player.

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Glad you like what you see. Also, welcome to the forums! :D

14. killatron46

The first step of becoming a better player is reading the forums. So in my eyes, you already are better than 50% of the KAG population! ;)

Beef, Chinizz and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

:D
    Thanks!

16. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Nice compilation, Kill. Hopefully this changes things for the better, eh? Thanks for the service you've done for the community, though!

killatron46 likes this.
  17. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Nice tips, encourages helpfulness. Especially liked 8, not only does it give you supplies, but it keeps enemies from getting those supplies.
    It's funny to kill archers, take their arrows, and run off. :D

killatron46 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Bwahahaaha! :D:B): So love doing that - or killing a builder who was trying to destroy your tower and using his resources to fix/make it bigger. :p

Also, welcome to the forums! Good to have you with us. :D

19. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
    I love doing that to builders, lol

20. killatron46

Changed:

<2. Do build few towers, if you're going to start a new tower, on the front line or just during the build phase, keep in mind structures work best when they are 20 spaces apart, building that epic tower 3 tiles behind a another tower makes both of them that much worse.>

As I thought that was more important than:

<5. Do hide near the front lines, as an archer you can hide behind dead victims or allies near the front lines, if no one is looking this can (sometimes) be a very sneaky tactic.>

and switched the places of 2 and 5.

Thank you Knightgabe, I really tried to include many things in this list. When I first started to make it, it was really almost a rant, but turned into something more.

I'm working on the reevaluation of the list, anyone got any ideas?

I'm also wondering, if this should be in General discussion, because it doesn't specifically have anything to do with game mechanics. (At least discussing them anyway which is what this sub-forum is for). Not sure though.