1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The greifer paradox.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by antymattar, Mar 8, 2012.

1. antymattar

antymattar Shipwright

DONT GIVE AWAY MY IDENTITY!!!!

2. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Theres always some lost soul in society acting stupid just to do so. Doesn't matter where you play , or what game its on people act stupid. The main problem is in the beginning when everyone has an idea how to build. People get in the way and fights start and people grief. People build spike traps in the main base and a majority of people die there. I agree that most of the time no Admin or Mod is present when these things occur. People quit the server; as a result, people leave the game making it un-balanced and you lose. What it comes down to is having good Admins online most of the time to stop it.

Neat likes this.
  3. Waterlimon

Waterlimon Catapult Fodder

Why cant they just make gold people kickable but make it require more votes to do so?

And the kick button thing should be closer to the name because it takes me like 30 seconds to make sure its the right button im pressing and not kicking the guy above or below.

Hoj likes this.
  4. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

I believe the server in question would be "Kegs, Lanterns, free ctf!" It's a non-premium server, that has all the upgraded stuff from the premium server. All but the customizable hats. I've played on it before and it's true that grieving does happen a lot on that server. So I speculate that's the server they are talking about. I know no other server were Kegs and lanterns are implemented.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

They have laterns? I never saw where you got them from, could only find kegs in the bomb shop, they only have 4 shops and they weren't in the siege shop either as far as I could see at the time. The server is rubbish though and attracts alot of idiots, don't really play on it unless there's nothing else populated with a ping less then 150ish

6. GrimWaltz

The lanterns used to be in the arrow work shop.

7. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Ya i agree kickable gold players is a sweet idea. A lot of the time they do cause problems on servers. Being premium doesn't mean you're a mature person.

Catguy19 and GrimWaltz like this.
  8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

As much as id like to see this too.
    Discussed and already decided about, no amount of whining will do.
    Just take some evidence if they do wrong and call a guard.

9. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

In a perfect world calling a guard would always work. It doesnt, mostly due to the fact people leave after they grief. Taking pictures is a good idea though.

10. GrimWaltz

True, griefing is hard to catch because mostly you only realize that there is a griefer after the deed is done. When your tower has collapsed or your entrance was blocked. After that they play normal for a few rounds and they go back on a grief tour. It's hard to figure out who it was without just spying on everyone and building as a builder, while at the same time keeping an eye on things.

Another problem is... That guards aren't always on IRC.

Hoj likes this.
  11. Tyrianstrasz

Tyrianstrasz Shopkeep Stealer

Make gold players kickable by other gold players, and make it count the % of required votes by the amount of gold players on the server. Say 3/4 gold players are trying to kick another gold player, then it's good enough to get rid of him. (or any majority of votes for that matter)

Hoj likes this.
  12. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Seems like a great idea to have Premiums have the power to kick vote other Premiums. However, sometimes servers aren't that full, and you won't have enough support from other Premiums to kick. I think when this game becomes more popular it'll become the norm.

Rayne likes this.
  13. Waterlimon

Waterlimon Catapult Fodder

We need a message that player x collapsed a structure (of blue/red team (if there was doors and stuff of that team)) and it would save to some log so guards can check who collapsed something.

14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Guards already get messages related to collapses. :P

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Too bad the rcon messages are often faulty

Auri likes this.
  16. Wonkyth

True, but they're a start. :P

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not when you ban the wrong person. You can test griefing and seeing who shows in rcon then laugh as it shows someone else

18. Wonkyth

Fair enough. Tbh I never use it anyways! ^_^

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. GrimWaltz

Well, up till now I haven't seen anymore faulty use of power. :) I'm glad it's not such of a common thing. But clearly other people are experiencing this still too? Maybe if we made a list of servers on which they happend so we could be more suspicious of using them?