1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate website

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Asterix, Mar 1, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Does anyone else here absolutely love Baldur's gate and play it to death back in the day (I've frequently re-installed it once every-while to give it a re-run).
    Then you'll be glad to know something is going on over at the Baldur's Gate website:
    http://www.baldursgate.com/This has me so damn excited, whether its either a new game in the series (please do not destroy it), or an HD remake of the original, just the name baldur's gate has me salivating (hence the current avatar)...

Ryu likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's most likely a port to Mac :< or some iPhone thing

3. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Being psyched for the possibility of a new baldursgate game and you take Xan as your avatar? The biggest pessimist Ive come to known in any videogame? Now thats kind of funny... :D

Ryu likes this.
  4. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

hey Xans not that bad! he was a personal favourite... :(. he just copped the shit end of a deal being held up in nashkel for a shit long time haha

Zegovia likes this.
  5. I actually read somewhere that they confirmed this website as an iPad port.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's still speculation, but they posted somewhere on their twitter that they got a new macbook and that it's for developing something, this was posted very shortly after the Baldur's Gate, so all speculation leads to something Apple related.

7. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah I seriously hope its not a damn ipad port... surely they wouldnt advertise an iPad port this much! The scared part of me wants an HD remake, the courageous part wants BG 3. I did some further snooping and they were also looking for a 2D illustrator just before they posted that - so some speculation is that the imac has something to do with this? but yeah no idea... I just want to know!

8. Mugumaster

Mugumaster Shipwright

I hope they don't try to make a console crossover like they did with "dragonage 2" .
    First part was amazing ... dragonage 2 just sucked salty balls!

9. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Ahh reminds me of Diablo 2

10. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an iPad port, what with the (relatively) recent success of Spiderweb's old-school RPG Avadon: The Black Fortress when it was released for iPad, which pretty much gives assurance that there's demand for these kind of games on iPad.

Also:
    Wtf? o.O

Ej and Asterix like this.
  11. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Well, not the gameplay just the artwork. It's all dark and smoothly shaded like a gauche canvas.

12. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I absolutely LOVED the Baldur's Gate series. I beat the first one in about two hours, though. Baldur's Gate 2 was a bit lengthier, but still very short. I wish they would make a new one and it be pretty long.

13. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

somehow I dont think you beat it in 2 hours...! maybe you're thinking of baldurs gate dark alliance on console? they were still fun

14. masonmistel

That's exactly what I'm talking about. There's another BG? Wow, I'll have to Google that. I feel like such a n00b! There was a PC version?

15. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

Personally I like Minsc.... And Kivan for some reason...

Maybe I should change my avatar to Kivan... due my current douchebag archery ways...

Ryu and Asterix like this.
  16. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Hahaha minsc is definitely the funniest, and kivan is pretty damn cool.

Yeah haha the PC version is really different to the console version! you should give it a shot, its not really action oriented though, essentially its turn based (sorta)

17. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Would be pretty cool for a new sequel to come out :)

18. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

19. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

20. masonmistel

Ryu likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi