1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Day/Night CTF

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by BlueLuigi, Mar 5, 2012.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ignore the name it's just something I started naming the maps for [DNCTF] to characterize them as being best used when you have days/nights cycling as they are not so crazy for balance against tunnels at night.

I personally find generated maps best for this.

These files come with a read me that is probably half baked as I'm tired right now and couldn't be arsed to make sure I wasn't going into too much detail in some places and not enough in others.

It has all workshops currently employed on Action servers, and still keeps outposts engaged, prices are shuffled up and will probably change more and more to come to a sense of balance in this sort of game mode, I intend to employ this gamemode permanently on my server please try it out and let me know (Multi cap is it's current name), if you do not wish to have multiple captures please look through the read me or the files and edit it out yourself.

Ask me any questions here if you have them.

Attached Files:

• Pack.rar
      File size:
      32.7 KB
      Views:
    Foxodi, Rommi, JacKD and 4 others like this.
  2. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Currently using..

Edit: For some reason, the extra rooms are loading correctly or something. Any help?

3. BlueLuigi

loading incorrectly?
    Try to:
    1)Make sure that you are using 'gold only', it should set this automatically but if it doesn't try setting that
    2)If that doesn't work let me know and I'll check to see if I messed up.

4. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I have it currently set to gold members only, and it only shows the four original workshop rooms. Not really sure what's going on. I don't see what would be causing it to not work. I have everything set up correctly...

5. BlueLuigi

Try joining a Zombie Fortress solo player thing and then joining your server, many have had this problem for some reason.
    If that fails try to restart server a few times, if that fails make sure you have the right dedicated_autostart.cfg moved in to Base/Scripts. (If you open it it should have DNCTF mentioned somewhere in it).

Another way to easily check if you do have it properly loading is that if you see the messages are different when in building mode.

Noburu likes this.
  6. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

Trying to set this up luigi, making another [!] Server

7. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

This readme says this shouldn't replace any files you have but when I copy the pack inside my directory it does ask me to replace these files. Should I replace them or should I decline it?

It's only generator_ctf_flat.cfg that is duplicate but I'm new to this so I'm not sure if it's fine or not.

8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yeah that's fine, that's just a map generator, nothing important.

9. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

My server crashed after 30 seconds of playing...not sure what to do.

10. Rayne

Join solo zombies first.

Noburu likes this.
  11. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

Ah it's fine now I had my server set to normal by mistake so I think it crashed cause it was suppose to be a premium server.

Anyone know how to make it so when the game starts, we all spawn with maximum wood and stone so builders don't have to collect more?

Or that you can earn coins in the build up time? Although I'm not sure if your suppose too normally or not.

Plus how do lives work? When I tried it out each team didn't have many lives, is there a way to increase this or does it depend on how many people are playing?

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

In the rules config of the specific game type, you'll see Team1.cfg, Team2.cfg and builder.cfg

These will be the three files you'll need to edit to change what you want.

In the builder.cfg there will be a set of lines like this:
    Code:
      stone_default = 0
        wood_default = 10
        gold_default = 0
        arrows_default = 0
        bombs_default = 0 

stone_warmup = 200
        wood_warmup = 120
        gold_warmup = 0
        arrows_warmup = 0
        bombs_warmup = 0      
    Just change the ones with warmup as you wish. The ones that say default after them is what the builder spawns with after they die in the middle of the game. You can also go to the other classes cfg files if you wish to change this for them.

As far as lives go, go to both the Team1.cfg and the Team2.cfg and you should see this line:
    Code:
        unit_count = 6    # units in team = unit_count * number of players; 0 one life; -1 unlimited
    This number will determine how many lives the team has by multiplying it with the total number of people on the server. This means if there are less people to start, lives will be low.

Noburu likes this.
  13. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

Thank you, I changed it so each person makes 20 lives.

I noticed score limit is 3, does that mean you have to capture the flag 3 times for a round to be over? If I set it to 1 will it mean that one capture resets the map?

What does mirrormap do btw? I noticed this in team1/2

14. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

I believe mirror map applies to randomly generated maps, making them the exact same on each side instead of random.

15. Kurtino

Kurtino Shipwright

I thought that too by the name of it ofc but was a little confused why there would be two settings for each team. Like why set team1 to mirror map and team2 to mirror map? Weird...

16. Rayne

Probably remnants of the old code, look in gamemode.cfg to find the real mirror map option.

Noburu likes this.
  17. Nanners

Nanners Catapult Fodder

I like it a lot. Good job on it.

18. b0xman

b0xman Catapult Fodder

hey, do i have to be premium to change room rules? or to run a server with changed room rules? and if i do have to be premium, will that mean people who aren't premium won't be able to join?

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Nope, you don't have to be premium to change game rules. The only thing is that it limits you to only editing and using the following rooms:

Arrow Workshop
    Quarters
    Bomb Shop
    Siege Workshop

This means you can only really change prices for things in these things. If you do make a server premium (you'd have to be premium to join along with any others who join) you'd be able to change/make the other rooms and you'd be able to use/change the physics of lanterns and kegs.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. b0xman

b0xman Catapult Fodder

thanks! I'm playing with very limited people, and we all agree that bombs just ruin everything. It's really hard to work on a strategy with structures when someone can just run in and kamikaze. I want to keep the bombs but make them insanely expensive (50 coins ea) so they become a valued resource rather then a go-to offense.

also, fighters will start with 0 bombs, so teams will need to build a bombshop.