1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

HOSTING SERVERS?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Creille, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

ive been trying to host a KAG server for ages at one point i managed to get it on the game, but it wouldnt work, they couldnt go into it :(
    can someone help to me to get one going on a windows XP??? i reckon t would help alot of people.

Crawker and Unnamed-player like this.
  2. mangus

mangus Builder Stabber

This post is better off in the Server - Troublshooting/Hosting/Help forum. But first things first you're going to want to make sure the ports are fowarded on your router. You should be able to find which ports on the wiki. If you can't find them, you can set up a DMZ at your local ip address (be sure to disable that when you shutdown the server).

Try that first and if it doesn't work, I'd suggest joining the IRC channel for further assistance.

Creille likes this.
  3. Creille

Creille Base Burner

thx for the advise :)

4. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Protip : Don't use capital letters, instead of "HOSTING SERVERS?!!!" just type "Hosting Servers?"

GHOZT, Creille and inactive_account like this.
  5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I guess you're trying to host a server from your home connection?

First of all, home connections are usually not good enough to host servers.
    2nd, from what you're saying, you have your server running and you are able to join yourself but others are not, it looks like your router doesn't have the sufficient ports forwarded.

Please open these ports on your router, instructions can be found here (ctrl+F to your router)

Foxodi and Creille like this.
  6. Creille

Creille Base Burner

thx alot ill try :)

7. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

localhosting isn't supported in the latest release. You can run a server but you won't be able to join it - pisses me off too!