1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Baldur's Gate website

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Asterix, Mar 1, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

You don't seem to fully understand what you're heading towards... Once you've played Baldur's Gate and its sequel (especially its sequel), there's no coming back. Not only you will lose all your friends, fail your grades, gain twenty pounds and turn into an albino, but your life (or what will be left of it) will be one never ending wait for an hypothetical HD remake (or an even more hypothetical third opus). Every other game you will play will seem hollow and childish in comparison. You will shudder when you'll hear words like "Square Enix", "Bethesda" or "BioWare" associated with the words "role playing game". And you will end up cursing the date of December 8, 2003 and the name of Interplay for the rest of your days. I would pity your soon-to-be-cursed soul if it wasn't for the fact that you, lucky bastard, are able to discover the two greatest video games of all time, where I can only install them for the billionth time (which I'm actually doing, thank you Asterix for reopening the wound :>:(:) and wander around the streets of Athkatla like a lost soul...

MacD, Asterix and masonmistel like this.
  2. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Ordered and shipped. My corruption awaits. :/

Ryu likes this.
  3. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

I honestly envy you. Keep us posted when you start the experience ;)

Asterix likes this.
  4. masonmistel

Will do! :)

5. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah give us your impressions! haha i love hearing about people playing it for the first time and what they think of events that occur etc haha

6. masonmistel

Estimated shipping is about 3-5 days so I'll get back to you all soon as I can. That's a very good deal, in my opinion.

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Should have got it off GamersGate a few days back! D:
    It was ~$3, and download, so no shipping time!

8. masonmistel

I don't really use GamersGate, although I should. I got Desura just because of Project Zomboid. I'm more of a Steam kind of person.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 15, 2012 9:52 PM ---</br>
    Okay, I got the game in today, and I haven't much time to play it yet. My initial thought was the soundtrack. My God, on BG II, it was amazing. The graphics, honestly, look a bit similar to Diablo (I'm not sure which was out first). I'm still tweaking setting and what not to get the game running smoothly (my computer isn't that good). That Planescape Torment game that came with it... scares me. I don't think I'm going to play that one. Anyways, very impressed so far and I haven't even scratched the surface. I've to get out of that modern-day RPG style and into the oldies. Stuff works a lot different, especially in Baldur I.

9. Asterix

Asterix Shopkeep Stealer

baldurs gate enhanced edition ey... could be alright? better than an ipad port right!?

10. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

:migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant:
    :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant:

Wonkyth and Asterix like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi