1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Promotion Guards Vs The World

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Fellere825, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarathos

Sarathos Shark Slayer

This seems as if it would be exceptionally enjoyable..
    Reminds me of the AOE Vs Public matches, Whereby the most organised team allways won..

I do hope both matches are recorded :D

2. Did everyone just completely ignore what i said? (for those who forgot what i said, here it is again):
    "I have a suggestion, why don't the people who own the servers for this event raise the "global sv_maxping" to like 900-999, so everyone can play regardless of ping."
    Also, i suggest you have the European game 4 hours earlier, so it starts late night in Australia and have the American game 2 hours later, so its sunrise in Australia.

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Trust me, you don't want to play on a European server. The pingkick is there with a reason.

4. And that reason is?

5. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

It starts at three because it was an easy time everyone could abide by. And I am telling you it ends whenever, so as long as there are still guards playing the event will go on. The ending time was vague on purpose. Also for any worries about letting everyone play, the reset after every three matches will make sure everyone gets a fair shot at playing, as long as they are in IRC they will be informed of the server being reset and be given ample time to compete for a spot in the server.

edit: Also I would like to clarify that we were unable to procure a server in Europe. Both of the servers are located in America, however, their locations allow Europeans and Australians to play them without horrendous ping. The reason why we classified the events as North American Server and European Server was because of the times the events would begin. The American Event will begin at a time accordingly for Americans and the European Event will begin at a time accordingly for Europeans. I hope this will clear some confusion.

edit: pingkick is there because if you have shitty ping it doesn't just affect you alone, it affects everyone else as well. It makes you this invincible monster who teleports everywhere and can't be hit by conventional means.

6. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Imagine internet being perfect (*newsflash* it is not *newsflash*)
    Your country is 20000000 meter away from the server. Light travels 299792458 meter/second.
    So if internet would travel straight around the world at maximum speed it would take 0.067 second for your hit to register at the server and another 0.067 to register at your screen as registered. This would mean you are 0.13 second behind on the game. This is if the internet was perfect and you had a ping of 123.

But your ping will be like 300. Which means you are 0.3 seconds behind on everything, when you're walking you're on the other side of the screen for us. You are warping all over the place for us.
    Now the effects for you: we are warping all around you and you have no idea where we exactly are. I am quite sure you've seen teleporting soldiers in kag before, that's what it will look like all the time.

7. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

downburst and I will be able to host the euro server by then. Page me on IRC.

Fellere825 likes this.
  8. but what about the rest of the people in the pacific! :(

9. When he says Australians, he means the Pacific and Asia as well.

10. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

Wait you guys are asking for a beat down? I am up for it.

11. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

RAMPAGE !

12. GhostyS

GhostyS Shopkeep Stealer

No i think Australians is the word used when referring to people who live in australia.

Fellere825 likes this.
  13. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

Managed to get 36 kills as a knight without dying :D Although to be fair, most of them were bomb kills

14. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

What the point to have a sword, when you have bomb?

15. dylanduran

dylanduran A Most Extraordinary Gentleman Donator

My thoughts exactly :rollseyes:

16. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

No body likes to play with laggy people for long periods of time.

17. Isen

Isen Dreamhouse keeper Donator

Yes! Finally! Some action!
    P.S.: shouldn't we, premium players, somehow gather up and create a strategy of our own... certainly we don't want to put up an easy fight for them guards!

18. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

That is under way...Message birdman159 to get in non-guard group.He will add you to conversation.Im just too lazy to do it myself.

19. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Raron, get me in that conversation! I'm too lazy to do it myself.

20. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Unicorns are more and more lazy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.