1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

EVENT: Guards vs The World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tur1sta, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

I was banned from the server before i could even join it. I have never been in the server. Someone help me explain this garbage and i'll give you a cookie or two. Anyways this idea of guards verus the premiums seems very one sided. Not all moderators are perfect people and have the same emotion as anyone else. This idea that guards are better than you takes away the fun. I never thought a 2d game would have so much drama.

2. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I have to agree that I don't find it fair that more than 20 people are fighting an army 2 times lesser of their size. Personally, even if we were victorious, size factors really were biased and thus, as a player, I wouldn't feel any glory from it.

3. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

A bigger team equals more targets to hit or kill. This has nothing to do with skill. This cocky attitude "I want to challenge the world" is really getting annoying. What happened to having fun on games.

4. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

I disagree, alot of the Guard players are pretty good, but it is challenging to face off hordes of players thirsting for the blood of guards. I rather face a guard player in a fair fight then a slaughter. More satisfying when killing.

5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

It doesn't matter if you're the KAG Jesus, when it's you as a knight vs. 5+ knights and a few archers, you're gonna die.

Frankly, I said it in the Strategy convo, next time there needs to be a sign up on the forums (to ensure it's actually people who DESERVE to play) and a password sent out to those who were signed up. This will prevent a bunch of random noobs who don't even bother reading the forums from entering, and even if they lurk the forums they won't be able to get in with the password. This will ensure that it's fair, balanced, challenging for both teams, etc. As it stood, this was DESTINED to be an absolute mess and a clusterfuck. I got all excited when I realized I had the chance to take on a team full of guards (along with facing off against a fellow MOLE who is quite fucking good) but then shook my head and decided not to bother when I realized it was an open game. I knew there would be CRAZY amounts of noobs, griefers, and window licking morons who wouldn't care about strategy or team work. All those pages and pages of discussion, worthless. I saw that tur1sta, Cadbury, and a few other decent players made it (jerloch too), but other than that it was a bunch of nobodies. Most of which I've never even heard of.

It sucks being a guy who would LOVE an idea like this if it were handled differently, as I love a good challenge and would love to see how my skills have shaped up over the last two months. But as it stands, it's really not surprising AT ALL that it went as badly as it did.

Maybe next time...

Beef likes this.
  6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

screen-12-03-24-20-51-51.png
    2 vs 14

Beef, Contrary and tur1sta like this.
  7. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

I didn't think that the idea was that they were better. Isn't it more of "employees vs bosses" idea. they're not technically better than you, they are just willing to take more responsibility, and even if you're friends with them, a little sparring match every now and then doesn't hurt. It was all good, clean fun. As you see with Rainbows' screen shot, that moment is very entertaining to look at.

I just didn't think it would be 30 vs 10. :eek:
    Guards, you're funny. :p
    I hope another event is made.

Wonkyth likes this.
  8. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Seriously, how could you take this the wrong way? Didn't you ever have teachers vs. students basketball games in high school? It's a for-fun type of event meant to include the community, and get everyone to ATTEMPT to be friendly with each other to work towards a common goal.

HOW DARE YOU GUYS SUGGEST GUARDS VERSUS THE WORLD. SHAME ON YOU ALL FOR TRYING TO GIVE US SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR!

Beef and tur1sta like this.
  9. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I didn't attend, as I had a timing clash, though I should be there for the EU one.

However, reading all the feedback (both here and in the guard-only conversations) I think that thebonesauce is right on the money about carefully distributing server passwords - we'll likely maintain an IRC channel in which we'll gradually give out the password to maintain a guard-premium player balance.

Raron, Fellere825 and tur1sta like this.
  10. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

This server needs more MOLES!

thebonesauce likes this.
  11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

This server needs less TUNNELS!

Contrary likes this.
  12. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

Yeaaaaah, I was there when the red:blue ratio was still 3 to 1, though I left soon after because I never intended to participate seriously, since I had the impression that the match was supposed to be NO FUN ALLOWED, SERIOUS BUSINESS type deal and that the premiums would want good players on their side with <200 ping, but I think I'll stick around for the European bout.

13. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

You should give the password to everyone that's in the official strategies conversation.

14. evene

evene Builder Stabber

15. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

i just joined the server and didnt know which team was which -.- Changed five seconds after that screenshot was taken

inactive_account likes this.
  16. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I was wondering if one day you guys were to do a more unbiased match meaning 10 premiums vs 10 guards instead of the ridiculous ratio of 2:1?

17. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

It would be nice to get a chance to even join the server; let alone experience it first hand.

18. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester

2:1 Was actually relatively fair, Spoolooni. 3:1 got out of hand, so 2.5:1 Would probably be the 50/50 chance spot IMO.

Redigit likes this.
  19. L-III-III-7

L-III-III-7 Shopkeep Stealer

played for a while it was a massacre... poor gaurds

20. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

They picked what they wanted the server to be. The outcome was bad and thats about it. Making changes is the only way to make it fair.