1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

SPAZ Space Pirates And Zombies

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Ranged66, Jan 7, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

WE NEED A FRICKIN LASER

Still haven't got past that...

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

One of the MANY MANY games I bought in Steam sales or bundles in the last year or so.

SO MANY GAMES SO LITTLE TIME!

You young'uns enjoy all your free time.

Aoki likes this.
  4. Aoki

Aoki Shopkeep Stealer

I spent some time with this game for a while but I just cant yet seems to finish it, usually just randomly trying to collect tech and blueprints.. alot of updates now though Im pretty sure alot new weapons and ships now but...

I totally agree and this is what's going on with me these days.. TIME Y U SO LITTLE???

5. I played demo and I was really bored with flying around for hours and shooting with 2 shitty ships. Does it change later?

6. Aoki

Aoki Shopkeep Stealer

yeah you can collect blueprints (by destroying higher class ships) and eventually you'll be able to build better class ships and have more ships, and stuff like that

if u really bored and wanna try cheat, I forgot the the key but its something related to CTRL or ALT + Functions keys (F1 ~ F12). Im not sure the right one or if it works in demo, but sure hell I abused alot of it xD (add goons, rez, exp)

7. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

i am 2 stars away from that!so close!

8. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

I love this game and beat the laser thing.The ships get fucking insane latter on like 50x the size o the starter ones and a huge amount of firepower.

9. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

I AM IN DEEP SHIT!!!
    i crossed a titan gate(my first) and now zombies are roaming all over the place.

10. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Wait till you get to the Core ! then zombies really take off :( The story is getting a little intriguing now. I just hit lvl 100 :O What tech you focusing on ? I'm all Cannons, Hull, Shield, tanky stuff. High crew/turret. Might respec just to try Beams and Mines and Drones and what not.

11. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

drones,crew cannons shield hull armor well basically im not focusing

12. DarkDain

I went crew because boarding parties sounded really fun, but they dont do any actual damage and arnt very useful late game, except for defending your ships from zombies. I tried drones, they really didnt seem to cut it for me AT ALL. You should be able to max a few things, im not sure if theirs a level limit but it didnt stop at 100, i beat the game and im starting over on insane difficulty, gonna try Beams now. Problem with Bombs and Mines and other deployables, is theirs no HUGE ship that can use them, your basically investing into your secondary ship, which is meh. I got high engine in the end too, it was worth the speed and turning rate, my favorite ship was the Carrier.

13. Noburu

Finally got around to playing this a having a blast so far. Only playing on normal since im still learning (still in first area, only played a couple hours). What are a couple of good things to focus research on for a newbie? Also any other general tips? DarkDains info helps a little.

14. DarkDain

Personally i'd stick with either beam or cannons. I tried 10/10 cannons and 10/10 beams (respecced at the end) and i think cannon was better, but i didnt have the special crew for beams. Still, cannon seemed to have more range.
    You might notice beams < shields, cannons > armor, and missiles > hull. Later, their will be powerful beams and cannons that evenly damage all three of these, so you dont need to hybrid it up. I maxed shields and hull and i planned on maxing armor. High crew is up to you, its not actually that effective, its kind of good early on for stealing technology, but after you have it, its only good for defending your ship from zombie invaders, but if your shields/armor hold up, you wont get too many boarders. Launchers are a secondary weapon, honestly you either invest in Launchers or Subsystems, i went with subsystems and got shield/cannon ones to improve my cannons rather than worry about missiles.
    Drones were really not worth it, even at 10/10.
    Turrets are two-fold. It'll make turrets on your ships turn faster and unlock better turrets (like turning one Huge turret into a triple Large one) It also improves and unlocks deploy-able Turrets, which are pretty good.
    Warning about bombs/mines/turret deployables, there are currently no Huge ships that have slots for ANY of these! I'm sure some will be added later, but investing in bombs/mines is investing in your second best ship and below.

You get an achievement for beating the game without respeccing, you should go for it. If you dont care for achievements, keep in mind respeccing only adds to your Data Debt, if your near the end of the game and dont care about leveling anymore, you can respec all you want (it just adds to your data debt)

I didnt do Stealth, it looked cool but its really either Stealth or Shields. I did do engines at the end, it was worth it.

In my opinion the best ship in the game is the Carrier, its a Huge ship outfitted for any duty, and can be made into a great war ship since it has the most weapons technically, with 2 Huge forward guns and one Huge turret, and a whole row for medium launchers or subsystems.

Go to options and turn damage indicators on, its handy =p anything i missed ?

Noburu likes this.
  15. Noburu

Wow that should REALLY help me out. Thanks a ton. I may just go for the achievement.

16. DarkDain

Hm if you like achievements theirs a Sniper achievement for taking out a Waygate 10 levels higher than you. Go for it when your comfortable equipped but dont wait too long or you wont find any gates 10 levels higher !

17. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

BOUNTY HUNTER epicness is epic of awesome

Wonkyth likes this.
  18. DarkDain

I was a tad disappointed by it, i cant find any 'survival' type missions using my fleet, some of the smaller new ships are MUCH stronger than the old ones, and the new ships still dont feature Huge bomb or Mine slots :( The Manta Ray is nice but heavily favors beam users rather than cannons. Honestly i havnt unlocked the mammoth yet, i've been farming BH bases and cleared like 14 more zones of infestation and only fought like 3 Mammoths.

As a side note, turn on the Winter Holiday mod, easy way to get a lvl 99 Godlike crew member, and if you dont like his stats, space him for Data and get another one (santa pretty much always leaves one behind but you can only have one at a time)

Mods: BlueLuigi