1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 345 Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is a big maintenance patch fixing a whole BUNCH of issues. This isn't still zombies multiplayer patch because that isn't working yet. Next time, which should be real quick... The good thing is there are some fixes for CTF gold servers so they can use boulders for example.
    Most important changes are:
    • Added a new server filter called "Beginner". This will be set as default for new players. It filters everything in the servers browser except small Rapid Team Deathmatch servers which are ideal to get into the game fast and easy without being overwhelmed by CTF.
    • Team chat key is [Y] - sorry for the change but we had to make it compatible for OSX. Additionally you can use [T] for regular chat which is a very quick way to access chat [T] / [Y].
    • Guards are Green in scoreboard, Global Admins are Purple and RCON admins are Red
    • Banning is completely overhauled. Blacklists, whitelists and ban saving to a file should work. Griefers are gonna have a much harder time now.
    Changes build 319-345:

illu, TheFilip, MCrypa and 6 others like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Hah, first

Also, my game keeps crashing, so I'll probably wait until some minor issue are fixed or try later, ladies?

actually, I just learned that's it's mainly due to problems with servers currently.

also to answer questions:

@Chaoticredux: the kind you see in zombie mode, how they react depends entire on the server
    @Kater: yes
    @107ZombieKiller: it's due to the fact that not all the servers have been restarted to show the update
    @Lostpix: there are currently server issues, FLAB is currently collecting info to help resolves this
    @Xlayer and Engine: it seems to be a bug. It's actually a server setting, but servers have issues right now, though it may be fixed soon, keeping servers up and running is a bigger issue and the current priority, ladies?

Froghead48 and LostPix like this.
  3. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

placeable boulders ? or.......................

4. Delta

Delta Shopkeep Stealer

Is shared ip connection on the same server possible with this patch?
    I will test this some time soon.

5. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

I haven't played it yet but I'll check.

6. 107zombiekiller

107zombiekiller Catapult Fodder

um.... y is my server list much smaller now?

7. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Sounds nice but It felt disappointing when I thought this build included zombies haha.

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

What's with the constant disconnects? I join the server minute to few minutes later dc.

9. The game is crashing, and people are making servers to yell at MM, lol.

LostPix likes this.
  10. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

A couple of things, zombiekiller, your server list will be tiny because the servers need to be reset so the updates can kick in,
    spoolooni, congrats on 300 messages,
    I can't wait for zombies,
    Great job KAG team for yet another update,
    thank you for fixing squeezing,
    Delta, if you read the second line of the script of all of the fixed issues you will see about LAN play, and I am guessing that also means two people can play off the same IP now?

11. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Was really excited when my RSS updater said the KAG had an update. Nice to see some fixes and excited to hear that zombies is coming out soon. The KAG team is simply AWESOME! :)

Only one unlocked server was available though; and it was full :C
    And what's with item pickup??

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Red looks pink can we get a cooler color? :(

13. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Pink is kinda cool :(

14. Engine

Engine Catapult Fodder

I dislike the way you HAVE to pick materials, that you MUST pick up the materials instead of the nice, automatic way you used to do it doesn't seem like a good thing, I wonder if I am the only one

16th likes this.
  15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Engine: You dont have to, it just doesn't destroy the object if you can't pick up all the materials in it.

Server list has fewer entries because a lot of older servers still need to be updated :) It'll fill out in the next 24 hours.

Everyone read this: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/about-the-current-update.5267/ We should have the server crash fixed within the hour, sorry about that hiccup.

LostPix likes this.
  16. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

17. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Geti: Engine means that you have to manually pick up everything, now. It's as if the option "itempick_mode" would have been set to "no" by default, but I checked my CTF gamemode.cfg and its on "yes". Please set it back as it was before. Fifteen minutes of playing and I'm going nuts, specially when items start to cluster up.
    As Chaoticredux shows in his video, you can votekick yourself.
    You can also spam the chatbox by marking and unmarking someone.

16th likes this.
  18. prostosuper

prostosuper Haxor

Finally! I've been waiting for the fix since 2011-12-04!
    https://bugs.kag2d.com/view.php?id=30

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Noticed the pickup thing, will fix that later on today probably. Sorry for dismissing the report, some bug snuck in last second.
    Same goes for the votekick report bug.

SARGRA13, Foxodi and BlueLuigi like this.
  20. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

a lot of server owners are asleep and won't restart their server to update until tomorrow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.