1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Diablo III

Discussion in 'Other games' started by WarrFork, Mar 5, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I agree, and I know where you are comming from with your hate for Diablo 3. I played that game DoTA back in the day, and the new DoTA 2 feels extremely different, even though the heroes are the same and the gameplay is the same, it has an off feel to it. :shad:I imagine that's probably how Diablo 3 is for you. I think if you had a wiff of the PvP you'd be mind blown though, it's extremely fun and I imagine the boss battles in this game will be very dynamic in the later difficulties.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They might be, but without trying it I can't comment on that sadly, only on what I've tried so far. Most people who liked D2 that I know feel similarly where the artstyle and general direction seem off, I assume the problem is that they changed how they were planning on taking D2, while mots of us were hoping for something more grimdark, lots of classes, fun with friends, sorta realistic in that crazy way, the general direction just seems too 'different', the largest problem however is that they took so long between games that it was impossible to not have a lot of people feel this way. :/ :shad:

3. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I feel, it's a matter of adapting which will happen very quickly imo. For instance, I had windows XP for the longest time, loved it, hated vista and I didn't like using W7 for the longest but it eventually grew on me. From what I've seen people are torn between liking and hating the new art direction of D3. It's a matter of adapting now, the game is extremely polished. :shad:

4. BlueLuigi

That works when you have to adopt or the other options are VERY inferior. (In the eyes of most gamers, playing recent games is windows' job, not linux or mac.)

However Diablo 3 has many competitors so it's not really a question of it, for example: Torchlight 2, Path of Exile.
    :shad:
    It isn't the case where Diablo 3 is a clear winner and the only reason not to pick it is opinion, both of the other two actually have strong cases and it's more that they are very much so split up between them on which is the best to the point where it really depends on what you play for.

5. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

:shad:
    I really don't think Torchlight 2 will shine brightly out of the 3 games. The game is looking good, but out of the 3 this game is actually cartoony which is apparantly what people didn't like about Diablo 3 even though its not really cartoony, it just has a wider color pallet.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

I am buying this amazing game, all BLIzzard games are very good games (quality). It is a must have if you bought D2. For the cash shop, I am not worry about it, D3 is going to be played by milions of people, some players will pay money for items but most do not. Anyways you can get the best equipment on your own, paying nothing and have fun.

7. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I'm not concerned about people garnering an advantage from purchasing items from the cash shop. If people want to save time spent grinding for equips by buying them, that is completely their choice. I am simply reluctant to support any game which utilises micro-transactions to such an extent. Be it TF2, Diablo III or any other game that utilises those sort of shops for items or whatever.

8. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

In many games people sell items and accounts for cash through unregulated transaction where you can be cheated. Through cash shops, D3 makes these transactions are regulated and safer for those interested.

I prefer this sort of trade does not exist but this is not possible so the cash shops do not seem such a bad idea.

9. BlueLuigi

No through cash shops they get in on the money. That post reeks of blizzard fanboy cocksucking I mean damn you pretty much said you got it just cause its blizzard.

Noburu likes this.
  10. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Haha, Cash shop = 100% of the profit, RMAH = Player based market with a small tax that goes to blizzard. Not really sure how much they're gonna make off of it but if anything it'll help keep the servers up, even though WoW is a big pillar for their income.

On a separate note, just you wait and see. People are going to love Diablo 3 after they get used to all the colors! Just like when they got used to SC2, after not liking it for so long.

11. BlueLuigi

>Small tax
    I guess we'll see when it comes, but I doubt it will be small and they shouldn't be making any money off of it anyway.

Diablo 3's problem doesn't come with the colors, it comes with it just literally having a feel of being very 'cartoony', I have no problem with 'colors' as you say, I play MMOs more than anything and enjoy anime and Japan and Korea have no shortage of colors, it's the fact that the predecessor was grimdark in a way that made it noticable used the proper hues and kept it's tone proper, D3's palette is a bit too wide and betrays the original 'theme' in this way.

If I draw grass I use green, I do not reach out as far out into green as I can almost being blue and tell the viewer of my artwork that he should simply get used to my display of more 'colors'. A classic display of 'We're trying to appeal to a wider audience'.

12. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Blizzard will be making a killing out of the real-cash market. Not that I have an issue with that. :P

13. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Either way, the tax has a fixed amount on it. As to respond to your example with coloring grass, techincally you can use blue into green to set a certain mood as to make it seem like it is night time or something, but yea it pretty much depends on the mood you're going for.

You say the problem doesn't come with colors, but really I think it does. If you look at the screen shots, if they were lighted differently then it could change the atmosphere greatly giving it a less "cartoony" feel to it.

Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm-rx_ZIKE
    If it really does bother you, you can just lower the gamma or something when you play the game.

14. BlueLuigi

No, that's not necessarily the problem, look how there is a fucking rainbow in one of those.

A fucking rainbow.

Just no.

A rainbow.

Guro likes this.
  15. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Don't like fan art on your vid, it's too much dark. I just like the one with rain. And yeah, for me the problem is not that, it's the new system of trade with real money.

16. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

It's not my video, its a video on youtube that makes a great example. I'm pretty sure the rainbow is just blizzard trolling you, even if it stays in there. They had a double rainbow in their slides at blizzcon 2011.

Personally, I like Diablo 3 the way it is now. I think it looks great. A lot of people were complaining about how it looks cartoony. This is just a simple way to compromise the way the game looks for your personal fitting. I think it looks necessarily dark too. It's all just textures and what not though.

17. WarrFork

I know. It was just to tell, you put the link of this video. Also, with that graphics, with that system with real money, I will still play that game. Diablo II charmed me, I'm waiting for III.

xxpabloxx likes this.
  18. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I never had a computer to play D2 back in the day.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 6, 2012 8:37 PM ---</br>
    It's been extremely quiet here recently :eek:, Anyways http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1222487p1.html Watch the video. Pretty much all the reason to get diablo 3 are in it.

WarrFork likes this.
  19. WarrFork

No need reasons to have that game. :)

20. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

But there are plenty of reasons to have this game, 1 of them beings the awsome PvP!

Mods: BlueLuigi