1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Project: Melee [Super Smash Bros Brawl mod]

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Bracket, Apr 2, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Project: M, which last had a demo release back in February 2011, is finally getting a second demo release, on April 15th. Totally worth the wait cuz it's basically Super Smash Bros Brawl with Melee's basic system, but with a TON of improvements and balancing and fun stuff.

It's really well made, and no hacking of your Wii is required to play, as it exploits the Stage Editor to load files off an SD card temporarily. :yes:

:eek: :eek:

TELL YOUR FRENEMIES. :shad:

WarrFork, SonicSonic and Shadreki like this.
  2. CoolGreenApple

CoolGreenApple Catapult Fodder

Pretty neat. I might try this one out. I could never be bothered to hack my Wii to try the other mods I've seen.

3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Oh god, i have rickroll on youtuberepeat and just when the logo showed up for the first time it restarted XD

4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

But... Why?

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Meh Project: M is okay but isn't the only attempt of it's kind, all of them still not exactly cutting it, I honestly prefer using regular brawl even though I tried both of the `mods`.

Kouji likes this.
  6. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Pfff you probably haven't seen all the amazing things they've done with it.
    Are you asking why Smashers would want a better, community-made Smash Bros?
    It's really well made, I'm not sure if you got that part.

/refuses to believe anyone could dislike Project M, if they actually knew what it was/

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

< Dislikes Project M

I personally prefer the feel of regular Brawl. It's mainly because I'm not a tourney fag so I don't play Brawl competitively, I play it for fun with my friends. I've played regular Super Smash Bros, Melee and Brawl and I always find Brawl to be the most fun. Sure random tripping might be annoying, but if that's really the only thing I have issue with. I find Brawl more balanced than melee ever was simply because I find that you can use almost any character you wish if you want to win (tiers are for queers). If you want to get the feel of Melee, just go play it on the Gamecube.

Also: Wavedashing is not a feature, it's a bug in the programming.

Eggnogg likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Im also not a fan but have tried it

9. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Skiing in Tribes was originally a bug, no?
    Anyway I'm not a "tourney fag", because that would require a bit more dedication than I can muster, but I like the close control over your character that's possible in Project M.

Also the whole thing actually feels tighter than Brawl. Like, they took Snake's ridiculous up tilt leg thing and changed it into a smooth uppercut. And they took out most of the ridiculous disjoint on all his tilts. It just feels better and more right and more solid. I don't like Melee that much just cuz the overall feel of it seems sorta vague. Brawl has harder hitting sound/video effects, Melee's feel too.... whiffy. Project M has the improved.. er.. aesthetics? Whatever. It has the better stuff that Brawl has, combined with the better stuff that Melee has, with a little bit of good stuff Smash 64 had, with a couple things that none of the games had, but the devs threw in for balance (like tethers not occupying ledges)

10. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I just don't see the point; the game is fine as is, and well balanced. The only thing I could ask to be added to Brawl would be a better level editor.

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Brawl makes me want to throw up every time I play it. It's a random turtly-ass game with terrible character balance and almost no room for skill or fun.

64 is best Smash Bros.

12. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Project M has taunt canceling from Smash 64.

Sonic taunt canceling is fun.

13. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I am very excited about this. I really hope the project reaches completion.

Mods: BlueLuigi