1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Could not connect to authentication server -- Couldn't connect to server (split from big thread)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by aziz, Apr 2, 2012.

1. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

additional game error and more
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I get this message from this link https://api.kag2d.com/player/PLAYERNAME/myinfo

in Firefox 11.0
    {"statusMessage": "Access Denied: You are not authorized to request account info for this user"}

in IE 9
    one login attempt which then gives this message

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in. :shad:

oh and everyone elses avatar is this [​IMG]

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

thanks. though you need to change PLAYERNAME in the URL I gave you to your own username.

Nonetheless, it looks like a firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the auth server. Since you are able to connect to it in the browser but not in the game client, it means something is keeping the game in specific from connecting. do you have any "internet security suites" or additional firewalls installed? Have you made sure KAG is allowed through the Windows firewall? (did you maybe by accident click 'deny' when it asked about a firewall change after this most recent patch?) :shad:

3. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

okay retried the link https://api.kag2d.com/player/PLAYERNAME/myinfo with playername changed got
    {"active": true, "username": "aziz", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": true}

retried with comodo firewall suite etc completely disabled
    windows firewall completely off
    admin rights enabled on exe
    user account control off
    there never was a firewall enabled on router

still receiving same message

Curl error: could not connect to server
    :shad:
    Thanks for the help I'm sure you guys are just as frustrated as everyone else
    :eek:

4. FliesLikeABrick

Unfortunately I think you're the only one left with this problem -- and since it works in the browser but not in the game that means it's something about your computer that is causing the problem :( Can you do me a favor and open a command line, run ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt. Either e-mail me (ryan at u13 dot net) that file or attach it here, or PM me the contents.

I have one more hunch before I'm pretty much officially out of ideas to help you :x

5. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

Ok guys i found out the issue on my end..........
    If anyone having problems here has done any port forwarding in the past for other games or applications check and see if some other program in your routers rule list is forwarding to "port 443"

Kag now needs port 443 TCP and UDP forwarded in my routers configuration to work otherwise i get the error

Battlefield 3 in my case had caused the issue as it requires port 443 TCP only to be forwarded......

6. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

what router do you use aziz? might help others.

7. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

I have a D-link DI-524 wireless G router ........in my case i needed to change the rule in my "special applications" tab

I would imagine if you don't have a router to check your software firewall also as port 443 may be blocked/ redirected in there as well.

8. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

where do you find routers rule list

9. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

10. FliesLikeABrick

For what it's worth, I don't particularly agree with aziz's assessment of what his problem was, but it's possible he had his rules configured oddly such that they interfered or that his router has a bug in the software.

KAG definitely does not need 443/udp though

11. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

FLAB's comment could very well be true all I know is as soon as i enabled the BOTH (UDP and TCP) setting for 443 it was like flipping a switch ....there was no delay when pressing the check mark button on the title screen and went straight to the main menu screen and could browse servers etc.....

The only reason i noticed it could have been port 443 was a popup occurred on my laptops software firewall (old symantec personal firewall) asking to allow KAG on port 443 which i clicked yes to and then after it gave a timeout error on KAGs return message checked my routers allowed ports and noticed the same port 443 listed under a allow rule for Battlefield 3 TCP only.

12. FliesLikeABrick

Yes, you all need to make sure that your firewall rules permit 443/tcp for KAG. This was not used in the KAG client before last week's update (build 345). There's a good chance that you approved KAG needing certain network access when oyu first installed it, and then need to update it now or denied a change during the update

13. ryguydavis

ryguydavis Catapult Fodder

So as it happens, I still have this error. I do not use a router so I don't see why that should be an issue. The only firewall I have is Windows Firewall, and from what I can tell all connections are allowed. I even went to the extent of opening the 443 tcp port completely, to no avail. I reinstalled KAG and even turned off my firewall but nothing is changing. I have Avira and Avast as virus protection software, but I don't know anything about their blocking habits.

[Edit] In addition, I have just turned off Avast, Avira, and Windows Firewall. Nothing seems to be changing.

14. FliesLikeABrick

hi rguydavis, thanks for sharing that information. What is the exact and complete error message you are receiving? I need the whole thing, including the "Additional Info" part

15. ryguydavis

[​IMG]

Also, the link followed above gives me this info:
    {"active": true, "username": "ryguydavis", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": false}

16. FliesLikeABrick

Do you have the file C:\KAG\curl-ca-bundle.crt ? If so, what is its size?

The error you're receiving is strange but I will give it some more thought. Do you have any other computers you can try KAG on, so that a few things can be ruled out?

edit: I see you're at college or a school/etc - so maybe you have a friend who can test to see if there's a problem? Do you know if your college requires any kind of proxy settings?

17. ryguydavis

I do have curl-ca-bundle.crt, and it is 210 kb.

Also, I tried loading KAG on my netbook and got the same result. I don't know much about proxy settings, so I can't say much about that. I know that my school requires we log in to a system called iPrism which they use to 1. Keep all but students and faculty out and 2. Filter what sort of websites we go to.

I was able to play successfully up until the last couple builds, if that is any help.

18. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

mine messed up too, exactly like that
    :QQ:
    New Bitmap Image.png
    *edit*
    i am so f*in* boooooooooooooooooooooooored right now idk wat 2 do

i used to be a great mother f*er, but then i got hot in the...umm...knee...of my...3rd leg!

19. FliesLikeABrick

What is the full error including the Additional Info part? Is your computer's clock/date set correctly?

20. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

idk i think the clock/d8 iz all messd up bcuz it sed it wuz Jan. the.... idk but its all messd up ill fix it and tell u if it still dont work
    (:bison::shad: =:skull::bison:=:D:p)
    </br>--- merged: Apr 8, 2012 6:47 AM ---</br>
    it WORKED! thank you very much an btw i like ur awesome...umm ...gui's? ...guis? i wanna facepalm myself:QQ:idk how to say gui in plural correctly
    *edit*
    idk what the full error thingumaboob is