1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is KAG based on War Of The Roses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Ham, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

Yes I do realize that It says King Arthur but I was wondering since The War Of The Roses went on for 234 years
    (So said my teacher) Thats long enough for people to forget what they are fighting for. And that is what it says on the KAG homepage "Nobody remembers why the war started,but the battle is ferocious and never ending!"
    Also the battle consisted of two armies, Red & White! (Close enough)
    Wondering if anyone else has some input about this? :)
    Historians Welcome!

2. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Not sure, but on this note: I would like to see some kind of KAG lore come about especially when the overworlds hit.

Contrary and Dark_Ham like this.
  3. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

As far as the coloring, Red vs Blue is pretty standard for multiplayer games.

As far as the backstory, it just sounds like generic backstory for a non-plot-driven multiplayer game to me.

So color me dubious.

4. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Your history teacher is wrong. It was more like 30 years, really, and it was less a war, more a series of related dynastic succession based civil wars.

There really isn't much to suggest it was that particular war, in fairness.

Rusher likes this.
  5. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Maaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeee.

But in my honest opinion.

Naming a war based off of roses just shows that either diplomats or enthusiastic writers made up that title for the war rather than people who actually participated. And the casualty count was probably high because nobody kicked their asses for doing such a stupid thing..

6. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Well, for starters, the major deity is named "Larry." People tend to scream his name when they fall from great heights.

7. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

... You mean Leeroy, right? ;3

8. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Leeroy is but a false idol, you red heathen!

EDIT: As to the topic, I doubt that KAG has any specific historical influences. It seems to have a generic medieval setting. King Arthur's Gold is actually a pretty irrelevant title when you think about it.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Stay on topic.

Anyways, I really doubt it was based on the war of roses. I'm pretty sure it's just loosely based on King Arthur but that's just for the setting. Otherwise not really.