1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Your Fave Games [RTS Only weekend]

Discussion in 'Other games' started by PlasmaBunny, Apr 7, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. PlasmaBunny

PlasmaBunny Catapult Fodder

RTS GAMES ONLY THIS WEEKEND

when i was 9 i used to ADORE a game called blitzkreig. You dont win it by just building 1000 units and spamming the enemy you use tactics and not simple tactics like just go behind them you think in this game you really do id like to see a top korean starcraft player beat me in blitzkreig

I also currently adore company of heros because its similar but you can get units unlike blitzkreig where you get what you get in company of heros it does require alot of strategy but not as much as blitzkreig as you can still make units but survival is a priority in good players you do not want to lose your units as they can be expensive as HELL

2. StarCraft 2.

Oh wait, you wanted RTS, not a sport game...

3. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Warcraft 2
    First starcraft
    or rome total war

Edit: Also age of emps 2 and stronghold crusader:thumbs_up:

4. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Tiberium sun. One of the best games ive ever played. I loved it.
    Age of Empires II is great aswell with friends.

5. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

MULTIWINIA
    MY EARS ARE BLEEDING

6. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Age of Empire III, I played alot on it and Civilization V.

8. PlasmaBunny

I love the tiberium series up to 3 on 3 defenses became pointless as a tank can easily destroy them i also adore the AOE series [not arthurs original elite XD]

9. MacD

MacD Shark Slayer

Command & Conquer: Red Alert. There were many days of my childhood spent playing that game.

10. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

Warlords Battlecry series !!! Battle for middle earth 2, total annihilation
    I remember some old ones.. Lead Wars.. dominion..

11. tur1sta

tur1sta Random snippet here ಠ__ಠ Donator

Blitzkrieg is one of my favorites too, C&C Red Alert 1,2,3. Warcraft 2&3. Total War: Shogun. Civilization 3&5.
    Zed. First game I played that had alot of swearing.
    I wonder if Syndicate falls under RTS.

12. Hey, Civguys, I agree that Civs are great games (Apostolic Palace <3) but they aren't RTS but turn-based strategies.

Contrary, AJ and Chinizz like this.
  13. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Oh, my god; you play blitzkrieg when you was a kid too? lol, I remember playing blitz when I was like 6.

14. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

warzone 2100

15. PlasmaBunny

no one here likes company of heros :QQ:

16. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Age of Empires Ftw.

17. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I do. :)

18. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Basically the entire Total War series. I've been a huge fan ever since I first borrowed my brother's copy of Shogun:Total War. Played every addition in the series since then, with exceptions of Napoleon and the latest Shogun 2 expansion.

The thing that appeals to me how flawlessly the Total War games intertwines the turn based elements with the huge battles in real time. The games have something for everyone! Fast paced strategy action like nowhere else, thousands of soldiers duking it out with each other at the same time. I don't know another series that is able to carry out this part in such a good way.

Then we have the campaign map! Awesome turned-based strategy. I watched a documentary with the game developers, they talked about the creation of the original Shogun. They said that the campaign map was something just thrown in there in order to tie in the battles, give them weight, give them a meaning. Naturally it wasn't much to it. Very basic building/diplomacy choices, it was not the focus.

Every since then they have improved the campaign greatly! More options on all fronts. Still not incredibly advanced but it is going the right way! Both the RTS and the TBS aspect feel like part of the game now and not just fodder.

I love the series and it just keeps improving in my opinion. I have to say that I like Medieval 2: Total War the most. I do know that some people might slap me for this opinion. I am not saying that Rome is a bad game, it is an amazing game, but I just like the combat engine more for medieval 2 total war. I feel in total control for the most time.

That feel when you are fighting a battle in Medieval 2: Kingdoms. You have a small force of about 300-500 knights against this huge aztec army, consisting of thousands of warriors. Arrows are flying through the sky, the music starts picking up in pace, you give the order to send your armored knights straight against the the enemy lines, locking them in combat. Meanwhile you send you sole squad of heavily armored mounted knights with your general in it, around the flank. Smashing into the aztecs from behind making. Their morale falters and you manage to create a mass flight. You chase them down before they are able to escape from the battlefield, resulting in a total victory.

Bookmark and Overlord like this.
  19. Duke2die4

Duke2die4 Arsonist

Total War is a Great serises i also played sens it started i actuly got it in a chrismas pressent when i was 13 i think, and i loved it. medival 1 if can say it like that was the game that most amazed me when made my big Spanish empire :D but i think after medival 2 the game whent down hill. if u like the grand strategi part of the game u shood look in 2 paradox games :)

20. Bleedy

Bleedy Catapult Fodder

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, hands down.
    Although I don't have much experience with RTS.

Mods: BlueLuigi