1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Well I was getting sick of "Flamer" from an early childhood of playing "Need for speed" so playing COD on campaign I was with Ghost, and I thought, what could the meaning if ghost be and why that name, then I thought, imagine you are driving a car, the suddenly *VROOM* you see "ghost come behind you, or you are playing Cod or Kag and you get killed by... ghost and I never even thought of trying this game with a "s" but before KAG because ghost was always taken I was known as "Ghostly919" but I don't really like that name after a while and as you can see all my username's in my sig. have KAG or GHOZT in them. Also capitals express me more.

dangertank44 and fishfinger73 like this.
  2. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I used to be a detergent in Norway? AWESOME. If there was ever a place to be a detergent, it'd be Norway.

dangertank44, Auri and MCrypa like this.
  3. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Well i got my nick from random letters :P

Also apperently im part of German

dangertank44 likes this.
  4. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I have no idea. Jim Dale isn't even my real name.

5. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

The Initials for Jim Dale are JD, which also means Juvenile Delinquent, perhaps you are telling us that you have been to Juvvy?

Piano, dangertank44, feet and 4 others like this.
  6. Newbie

Newbie Ballista Bolt Thrower

I originally registered to mine on some Graphic Design forum board like four years back, and it was intended to be ironic. I stuck with it after I made it my Steam username. It'd be really weird to change it nowadays, although I'm unable to register the username before somebody else takes it most of the time. In that case, I register "Newbithian", since I once named a city I made in Minecraft: "Newbithia", run by King Newbie. Good times, good times.

Auri and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

I tried to think of one that could be a classy last name, and Hershey didn't fit.

Piano, tlc2011, Superblackcat and 6 others like this.
  8. feet

feet Bison Rider

I got my name as it's really easy to type on consoles. Also, I felt like it

Piano, Auri and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  9. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

When I was younger, I played runescape (but it sucks now). My favourite food were fish fingers (not anymore) and combined with my lucky number (7) gave birth to Fishfinger7! Here is the thing: Whenever I died in runescape I made a new account (cause I thought I lost EVERYTHING whenever I died). It came to Fishfinger77, Fishfinger76, Fishfinger78, Fishfinger74 then Fishfinger73(:D). When I hit Fishfinger73 I finally realized that you didn't lose anything when you died in runescape as long as you got back to your grave (this was about 3 months after the birth of Fishfinger7). Ever since that day, Fishfinger73 is ALWAYS my account. Yes, I mean ALWAYS. So anyone who sees a Fishfinger73 out there, it's a 99.99% (with the 0.01% chance being not me) it's me. And that's the great story on how I got my epic name. People call me Fish now :).

Now where's that 'How you found out about KAG' thread?

GHOZT likes this.
  10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Miauw is how we call the sound that a cat makes in dutch.
    Originally it was miauw39, but that changed when i lost my pass to my acc on runescape. (i have a dark history of shitty games. :p)

EDIT:
    Also, for me its like above, miauw62 is nearly always my name, except on steam, there its [ALG] Miauw
    [alg] stands for aerolitegaming.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 5, 2012 12:58 PM ---</br>
    You litteraly took that from wikipedia xD

Auri likes this.
  11. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

I literally just did. :B):

12. MarchWorm

MarchWorm Catapult Fodder

Marchworm:
    I'm in the marching band, so there's MARCH.
    An OC I had was part worm (Don't ask). So WORM was added.

(Spoiler for rambling)
    I wanted a different name from the usual.
    Back in 2008, I had an account some where with the name "LaFaerie"
    I thought that was too girly, and I lost that account aswell.
    That OC I mentioned earlier, her actual name was "Kreature" (Lame, I know)
    And the time for a new screen name was needed!

Fun fact: I first thought up my name when making an account for Newgrounds. LOL

Auri likes this.
  13. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Back in the day playing Final Fantasy, you could have four guys with four-letter names. Auri, Vang, Quez, and Crow saved the world. Since then I've used the first two names pretty extensively online, generally using Auri for paladin-like roles, and Vang for brawler-like roles.

Also, Auri is short for aurifex, the latin word for goldsmith. (Let me build you a golden tower!)
    Vang is a common Hmong surname.

Miauw62 and Kouji like this.
  14. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

some1 giv me a runescape acct lvl 75(i think) a long-ass time ago and i stuck to the name cuz i liked itt;)

15. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Latin ftw!

16. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

I have used different variations of this name, Disrespekt, Disrespekter, Disrespektification, but I got it from neopets when I was little, on a Capri Sun ad that said "Disrespekt the Pouch" or something along those lines. I have been using it ever since.

17. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Haha, looks like we got our names in the same game.

18. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

I guess so! ^_^

19. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

My name means crawfish i got my name because its a really commen thing to see or eat over here.:3

20. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't tell me you didn't know disrespect is spelled with a c..

Piano likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi